Autopsy Autopsy v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take that from Clarko.

Some of the young guys progressed again. Xerri & Comben are great, long term talls. Zurhar was alright and Larkey good with very limited opportunities. We just got to be patient.

It is the older guys that are letting us down. I go back to that year when we delisted HALF OF OUR CLUB. Such a disaster, we ripped the support from our emerging leaders and I think this is the result.

I'd love to get an older master in, someone like lachie neale, just to show the way and take the pressure off LDU & sheezel.

We'll come good. Just not this year.
Neale aint going anywhere that can’t get him a premiership.

This is really testing our small supporter base following the previous 3 seasons.
They say that doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome
is a sign of insanity.

No doubt that the players have lost confidence both in the team, the Club and themselves.

Clarko might have come into 2024 with a specific plan but its just not working and we now hear that
some players may be seeking to go to greener pastures, Who can blame them.

Clarko needs to pick, a team that can be competitive. For starters pick, players in the ideal position.
Teach them how to tackle. Players aren't learning when they are getting belted by 60+ points.
We don't expect the youngsters to be doing the hard things. What worries me is the lack of resilience, leg speed, and non engine grunt of our senior players. I watched the cats v carlton and now dockers v dogs, their senior players are on a different level of fitness and commitment.

Im so flat. we are not seeing any upward growth. How did we not look too bad against GWS and Fremantle.
Feels like real men vs boys out there now. We cant seem to possess the ball. we have no movement. So we just bomb it. Except we dont have those big bodies so we have no aerial support. And we are just playing to outnumbered packs. When it hits the ground we are unable to stick tackles. We are drawn to contest and scorched on the outside. Every tried player on the list is a dud.
I know it will turn. All the kids are good. Theres some big guys there that need time and with the bulk of so many low draft picks cant help but eventually come up. I just cant wait 10 years for it.
Even GWS and Freo
GWS had 19 more scoring shots than
us. Only our accuracy and their inaccuracy kept that from being 80+ points.
Freo beat us by 5 goals. They’re not very good.

STFU YOU SQUIB RUBBISH FOOTBALLER LUKE. How many did Rankine kick on you? How many squib free kicks you give away for being a dumb campaigner? How much ******* finger pointing! You are a ******* imposter, GTFO OF OUR CLUB
LMac's opening few minutes were a sight to behold - outmarked 1 on 1; missed a tackle that resulted in a goal; kicked out on the full.

What are this bloke's KPI's? Get through the game without losing his shorts? Able to have a laugh after the siren? FMD!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For 1 second imagine we had the following 6 GWS players play for us today and replace the following 6 senior north players

Sam Taylor for Aidan Corr
Lachie Whitfield for Luke Mcdonald
Josh Kelly for Darcy Tucker
Steven conglio for Jy Smpkin
Lachie Ash for Dylan Stephens
Jesse Hogan for Fisher

We would have lined up today.

Hardeman Taylor Whitfield
ash Comben Colby
Kelly LDU Scott
Sheezel hogan Curtis
Zurhar Larkey Wardlaw
x powel conglio
IC: Lazzaro Phillips Zane Bigoa

I reckon we win provided we get a half decent coaching effort from clarko.

That’s the difference between being historically bad and being a mid table team. 6 good senior blokes !!

Mate it is a blight on community footy we have had a number of clubs amalgamate due to private schools not allowing their players to take part in community club matches, here at Fitzroy Juniors some of our senior teams are at the mercy of Private School selection each weekend, we are becoming a classist society and this is a symptom. IMHO the state govt should step in and tell them as long as you receive funding from the public purse your kids can play for their local community footy clubs, and while we're at it you can open up your publicly funded (in part or whole) facilities to public schools and clubs that are located nearby :mad:
The local clubs all play on Sunday to avoid the clash. We used to play soccer on Sundays when I was at school so you could play both games.

I went to bordering school in Bendigo so lost touch with the local scene and that's why I got my boys playing for their local clubs. One day they remarked that they knew all the opposition players through school, scouts, athletics, footy, hockey and cricket. I don't think it is that important where kids play as long as they are playing

Peter Dacois once remarked to me that when he went down to Torana ( youth rehab place) none of the young men had ever played sport for a club. Getting young men involved is the important thing but your idea of forcing sporting involvement...........

You may be interested to know that the Camberwell Hockey club, Camberwell Grammar and Koonung Secondary College to build a hockey field with lights etc. The first two paid for it and the school provided the land.

The state primary schools have largely given up spor which i think is a a more important issue. My kids primary school luckily had quite a few male, sport obsessed teachers so competitive sport was played against other schools.

The main reason junior clubs have to amalgamate is families are so small so there isn't the kids.

Clarko needs to swallow whatever pride is preventing him from moving Sheezel into the midfield permanently.

I'm tipping if you had Harry centre forward there would be less opposition forward entries.

My brain hurts over how obvious it is.
I don’t understand the issue, our Capt is playing in defence to steady the ship. Surly that enough?

I feel so silly for going into every season with hope and optimism.

I feel betrayed. At some point I put my faith into people on the sole basis that I had no other option. Those people are frauds. The people who employed those people are incompetent. Yet I believed because it felt better than not believing.

Posters here have been very skilful in the past adapting lyrics from songs to North's situation.

Check out Icehouse's "Don't Believe Anymore ". Not a word needs changing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back