Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea
He’s a big part of our problems. He is useless and not up to the standard.

Charlie Delisto was terrible I that last quarter. A sub with fresh legs that was negatively impacting the contest. Wonderful move.
Yeah like being caught twice like Thomas and hack kicks out of defence like Ziebull should I mention Goater and Turner . Yeah a guy that come on for 20 minutes was the reason we lost .

I've also never seen a team dominate clearances and not take advantage. We constantly found the zone intercept opponent at every opportunity.

Our forwards don't play in front.
Or can read the flight of the ball. Or present to the midfielders upfield. Or create separation on their opponents. :stern look

Yea

Yeah like being caught twice like Thomas and hack kicks out of defence like Ziebull should I mention Goater and Turner . Yeah a guy that come on for 20 minutes was the reason we lost .
Never once said he was the reason we lost. Just said he’s an absolute potato and useless.

A bloke with fresh legs should be able to come on and impact the contest.

Instead he runs around like a lost idiot.

Around 8 of our players were a tactical advantage for * because like every week, they stopped running 5-10 minutes in to the 3rd quarter. And * had a picnic after that. We've known for months those guys just stop. So the point is, I'd be blaming them before a guy who's barely played a minute in his right position and barely had a chance.
I never blamed him for the loss, but his lost puppy routine didn’t help our cause.

What idiot when in space runs backwards and runs themselves into trouble and runs too far? Charlie Delisto is who.

Surprised to come here and read so much negativity. I was gutted we didn’t get the loss, make no mistake, but I didn’t leave today upset.

With Clarkson back in the hot seat, playing a much better style, I do feel like there finally is some genuine light at the end of the tunnel. We looked dangerous on counter punch, used the forward handball more and thank goodness they have binned the slow chip chip style. We should have won today.

We were let down by poor skill errors, particularly from senior players (story of our year really). Clarko pointed it out in the presser. It just kills any momentum. The i50s were also an issue, but an even bigger issue today was forwards playing behind their man which resulted in way too many intercepts.

Fitness and a preseason focusing on this better transition system, we will improve. I have no doubt.

Positives:
  • What a way for Cunners to go out from a personal perspective, he was awesome
  • Tagging Merrett, thought Taylor did an excellent job and Merrett was irrelevant
  • Wardlaw is a freak, I’ve never been so excited about a North player, when he decides to go for a contest you just have no doubt he’s going to win the ball
  • Sheezel was superb, his ball use was fantastic and some of those i50 lace out kicks stood out, he also helped generate our counter punch ball movement
  • LDU is our best player, not much else to say about him really, was awesome to see he Cunners and George together
  • McKay and Corr were really solid
You do know we lost? I understand some are after pick 1 but sometimes a win is worth more than that.

The story of both Jack and Cunners. All heart, do many great things and hurt us badly with their deficiencies at the end of their careers.
They’re not even in the same ballpark as each other.
Jack a true Shinboner, no doubt, but Cunnington a club great. Could argue he deserves a spot on the team of the century bench.

Would have been nice to beat those * scum today and to send Cunners back to the farm with a win, but the signs were there to me today that were on the improve.

Sure, we're likely going to have another 2 win season, but we've lost 8 games by less than 4 goals - all with just one preseason under the belt of the new regime, a bunch of shitmen that need to be culled, and missing our coach for half a season.

Find another goal a quarter next season and that's a 10 win year....

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never blamed him for the loss, but his lost puppy routine didn’t help our cause.

What idiot when in space runs backwards and runs themselves into trouble and runs too far? Charlie Delisto is who.
So where's the criticism of Kayne Turner's last quarter and position on the list?

Coming on as a forward in our side - from the third quarter onwards as a sub - would be one of the worst roles in footy - whoever does it. Half the side has stopped, there are very few good inside 50s, the other forwards are a combination of exhausted and lazy and the ball spends most of the time in the opposition forward line. You're there at half back trying to beat two opposition players from kicks down the line. Half your teammates are standing there in the back 50 exhausted hacking it out. You get the ball and there's no one to kick to.

Doesn't matter if that's Lazzaro doing that role or whoever, absolutely sh!t role in our unfit side.

What deficiencies does Cunners have that are not completely outweighed by his positives?

Zero is the answer.

They’re not even in the same ballpark as each other.
Jack a true Shinboner, no doubt, but Cunnington a club great. Could argue he deserves a spot on the team of the century bench.
This is an autopsy thread and my post was balanced. Absolutely everything Cunners did was a delight to watch today. He gave everything and we all bank those memories, esp the first goal. Jack similarly did some great Jack things. On the flip side Jack's kicking at important times hurt us and Cunners couldn't go with the Essendon mids in open play. Nothing we don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an autopsy thread and my post was balanced. Absolutely everything Cunners did was a delight to watch today. He gave everything and we all bank those memories, esp the first goal. Jack similarly did some great Jack things. On the flip side Jack's kicking at important times hurt us and Cunners couldn't go with the Essendon mids in open play. Nothing we don't know.
I was under the impression you were talking about their careers (not just today) as a whole, since you said:
The story of both Jack and Cunners. All heart, do many great things and hurt us badly with their deficiencies at the end of their careers.

So where's the criticism of Kayne Turner's last quarter and position on the list?

Coming on as a forward in our side - from the third quarter onwards as a sub - would be one of the worst roles in footy - whoever does it. Half the side has stopped, there are very few good inside 50s, the other forwards are a combination of exhausted and lazy and the ball spends most of the time in the opposition forward line. You're there at half back trying to beat two opposition players from kicks down the line. Half your teammates are standing there in the back 50 exhausted hacking it out. You get the ball and there's no one to kick to.

Doesn't matter if that's Lazzaro doing that role or whoever, absolutely sh!t role in our unfit side.
Stop making excuses for him. He’s a potato. Just because other players are potatoes, it doesn’t make it ok for him to be useless as well.

Never once said he was the reason we lost. Just said he’s an absolute potato and useless.

A bloke with fresh legs should be able to come on and impact the contest.

Instead he runs around like a lost idiot.
Same as the potatoes I mentioned I guess .

You are delusional mate
How am I delusional ?You can’t blame the sub for the loss some of the efforts at the end from those I mentioned were pathetic. Thomas was standing like a statue at on point.?

Stop making excuses for him. He’s a potato. Just because other players are potatoes, it doesn’t make it ok for him to be useless as well.
Yeah it doesn't really matter what you think, it's whether players get enough opportunities at AFL level in the right position.

We have players who've had every chance to prove themselves at AFL level in a range of positions but haven't succeeded. But at least the club knows that . Lazzaro isn't one, he's barely played 5 minutes on ball at AFL level, and barely any games.

Again, it really doesn't matter what you think, it's completely irrelevant. It's whether he's had the opportunities in the right position at AFL level and he hasn't.

I am beyond frustration in the literal sense. It feels to me like the North of old where we sit 7 - 12 on the ladder is in our future, dangling like a rope ladder from a rescue helicopter. We're not going to grab it next year, but it's inevitable and this shitshow will finally be over.

The real question is when are we going to be good again. I have NFI. There are a lot of blokes out there that I cannot see as being part of a top 6 team and I reckon we are still - after all this time - probably not halfway through the journey.

Not sold on Xerri, I'll be pissed if Goldy plays his final year elsewhere.

I'm pleased for Kayne that maybe his future is not a done deal.

Stoked that Ben jagged a couple and had a solid game today. Hopefully his legacy will at least partially inspire the half of our list that look like run to their locker at the half time break to check their IG profile.

Thanks Cunners on a great career. The players gave it everything they had but their fitness, skills and decision making are lacking.
You could tell the players were struggling to keep the zone intact in the 2nd half and were starting to look tired.
We didn't make the most of our passages of play going forward and our forward structure needs a lot of work as well.
As Clarko said the players around Larkey need to be dangerous. Mentioned a 2nd tall (Charlie) and ground ball improvement (=Wizard?).
Big picture we've lost 7 games under 24 points (been in games more) and lost 5 under 12 points (don't know how to win).
If you add some players out of Comben, Logue, Powell, Zurhaar, Harvey, Phillips, Bergman and George, we're a better side potentially if it comes together but also very young. We'll get hurt by some experience leaving, especially in defence, but also depends on who is acquired.
Lazzaro not up to it. Xerri nothing more than a VFL ruck. Ford, Goater and Archer showing some improvement. Corr been very solid.
I think Wardlaw playing 50% game time at AFL level is more beneficial for him than playing VFL so didn't mind him being managed through it.
I honestly don't know which problem you fix first though. Transition running on all lines? Key position? Forward 50 pressure? Ruck?
Not going to be solved in one year that's for sure but hopefully we can start to address some of these list issues.

Thanks Cunners on a great career. The players gave it everything they had but their fitness, skills and decision making are lacking.
You could tell the players were struggling to keep the zone intact in the 2nd half and were starting to look tired.
We didn't make the most of our passages of play going forward and our forward structure needs a lot of work as well.
As Clarko said the players around Larkey need to be dangerous. Mentioned a 2nd tall (Charlie) and ground ball improvement (=Wizard?).
Big picture we've lost 7 games under 24 points (been in games more) and lost 5 under 12 points (don't know how to win).
If you add some players out of Comben, Logue, Powell, Zurhaar, Harvey, Phillips, Bergman and George, we're a better side potentially if it comes together but also very young. We'll get hurt by some experience leaving, especially in defence, but also depends on who is acquired.
Lazzaro not up to it. Xerri nothing more than a VFL ruck. Ford, Goater and Archer showing some improvement. Corr been very solid.
I think Wardlaw playing 50% game time at AFL level is more beneficial for him than playing VFL so didn't mind him being managed through it.
I honestly don't know which problem you fix first though. Transition running on all lines? Key position? Forward 50 pressure? Ruck?
Not going to be solved in one year that's for sure but hopefully we can start to address some of these list issues.

Fix? Running to and back from the Tan every second day

Would have been nice to beat those * scum today and to send Cunners back to the farm with a win, but the signs were there to me today that were on the improve.

Sure, we're likely going to have another 2 win season, but we've lost 8 games by less than 4 goals - all with just one preseason under the belt of the new regime, a bunch of shitmen that need to be culled, and missing our coach for half a season.

Find another goal a quarter next season and that's a 10 win year....

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Far too simplistic. We’re nowhere near a 10 win team and we have a percentage of 68! Some of those losses the score flattered us as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back