Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I get annoyed by this commentary, I find it lazy and simplistic and it's probably why the SFS crew gravitate to it.

What we were meant to do? We offered McKay a contract which he chose not to accept and then we received above market rates for compensation. As a result it would have been the worst list management decision in history if we targeted another free agent.

Knowing this, they did the best with what limited options were available.
1. Picked up best mature age tall defender from state league - (Pink)
2. Picked up speculative tall defender from Tigers on the cheap - (Biggie)
3. Trialed another tall down back from our forward line to strengthen this zone - (Comben)
4. Trade for a quick half back flanker who can distribute - (Fisher)
5. Draft best tall defender in the draft at our first available pick outside of Duursma and Colby - (W Dawson)

We have done a power of work in strengthening up our back half of the ground, but if we don't get pressure on the ball then it won't matter if we have the best back 6 in the comp.
Spot on!

I get annoyed by this commentary, I find it lazy and simplistic and it's probably why the SFS crew gravitate to it.

What we were meant to do? We offered McKay a contract which he chose not to accept and then we received above market rates for compensation. As a result it would have been the worst list management decision in history if we targeted another free agent.

3. Trialed another tall down back from our forward line to strengthen this zone - (Comben)
5. Draft best tall defender in the draft at our first available pick outside of Duursma and Colby - (W Dawson)

We have done a power of work in strengthening up our back half of the ground, but if we don't get pressure on the ball then it won't matter if we have the best back 6 in the comp.
ya beat me to it, with all ya process and everything

Instead of the afl making comments on the umpires decisions maybe clubs should ask the afl to make the officiating umpires available to explain their decisions with the clubs during the week...Or is that asking to much?

You’ve listed a lot of things there and that’s great. Out of all that, I’m excited by maybe 1 of them. And that’s Comben who ain’t even getting a game. Nor is Biggie. Pink is still speculative. Corr is being destroyed. We’re all waiting for Logue but he alone won’t fix everything.

Fisher is, so far, just the new Hall 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully a slight upgrade

Instead of the afl making comments on the umpires decisions maybe clubs should ask the afl to make the officiating umpires available to explain their decisions with the clubs during the week...Or is that asking to much?
Can you imagine it. To the umpire that paid 9 free kicks in a row to Carlton, can you explain your decisions?

Yes I can, I’m a ******* cheat!

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if half the umpires had people placing bets for them in certain games where they know it won’t be analysed and we’re making decisions to help on margin betting. It’s one area of the game that it’s so easy to influence scores.

I said it in another post that 50k of football fans can see it clearly from the stands, year 4 guys within a 50m radius make absolute howlers.

One of them has already caught and you would be naive to think he’s the only one.

Last edited:
I think they have see to have razor on SEN once a week. Whoever it was just towed the party line from the times I listened.

You’ve listed a lot of things there and that’s great. Out of all that, I’m excited by maybe 1 of them. And that’s Comben who ain’t even getting a game. Nor is Biggie. Pink is still speculative. Corr is being destroyed. We’re all waiting for Logue but he alone won’t fix everything.

Fisher is, so far, just the new Hall 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully a slight upgrade
Surely Will Dawson has excited you with his start to his career. Looks miles ahead of McKay at the same stage of his career.

I also didn't even mention Hardeman who we also drafted who is a defender.

Our tackling has been very poor this year

I think were one of the worst and laziest pressure team in the comp ATM?

Magoo a 50 year contract on $2 million

No Way Reaction GIF

I think the truth is part way in the middle. Some of it goes on the recruiting team not reading future drafts being mid heavy and looking to split or trade future picks to get a Phillipou or Van Rooyen, etc.

The following KPPs have all been drafted or changed clubs since 2020, not to forget guys like Riccardi under our noses:

Hogan
Wright
Aliir
Brown
Cameron
McDonald
DGB
Cox
Reid
Chol X 2
Krueger
Finlayson
Lewis young
Ccj
Fort
Amiss
Leek
Van Rooyen
Owens
Casboult
Derksen
Frampton
Cadman
Weideman
Schache
Lobb
Phillipou

2020 is the weirdest draft for mine. 2021-22 was stacked with shorter players where we expected to be at the point end as well, yet we took 3 mids with our first three picks, with to be frank more explosive mids coming in those later drafts. When we took Phillips at 3 we should have found something else to do with the Powell and Lazzaro picks. If we intended to take Powell with 13 we should have taken someone else with 3 (not gonna say the name). Plus, we had LDU, TT and Jy at the time and we still decided to pick up 3 mids at that draft, with the following drafts also being mid heavy.

Outside of Wardlaw, Phillips is probably my favourite player. I just think we've done his career a disservice by picking him up.

There's a reason we're often on the losing end of future pick swaps.

We went some way towards addressing needs over the last few years, but I'm not gonna smack a journo for saying our list management has neglected KPPs. We currently have one AFL quality key forward and one key back, lol.

Surely Will Dawson has excited you with his start to his career. Looks miles ahead of McKay at the same stage of his career.

What little I have seen of the VFL Will Dawson looks a ripper.

Big athletic young bloke that attacks contest. Give him 2 AFL preseasons and he will become a handful for forwards to play against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I rate Will

Bring back Ron Casey with World of Sport's "What's your decision" segment where the panel got to question the umpire on live TV about the dodgy frees they paid.

And the umpires, like everything else were better back then.

I think the truth is part way in the middle. Some of it goes on the recruiting team not reading future drafts being mid heavy and looking to split or trade future picks to get a Phillipou or Van Rooyen, etc.

The following KPPs have all been drafted or changed clubs since 2020, not to forget guys like Riccardi under our noses:

Hogan
Wright
Aliir
Brown
Cameron
McDonald
DGB
Cox
Reid
Chol X 2
Krueger
Finlayson
Lewis young
Ccj
Fort
Amiss
Leek
Van Rooyen
Owens
Casboult
Derksen
Frampton
Cadman
Weideman
Schache
Lobb
Phillipou

2020 is the weirdest draft for mine. 2021-22 was stacked with shorter players where we expected to be at the point end as well, yet we took 3 mids with our first three picks, with to be frank more explosive mids coming in those later drafts. When we took Phillips at 3 we should have found something else to do with the Powell and Lazzaro picks. If we intended to take Powell with 13 we should have taken someone else with 3 (not gonna say the name). Plus, we had LDU, TT and Jy at the time and we still decided to pick up 3 mids at that draft, with the following drafts also being mid heavy.

Outside of Wardlaw, Phillips is probably my favourite player. I just think we've done his career a disservice by picking him up.

There's a reason we're often on the losing end of future pick swaps.

We went some way towards addressing needs over the last few years, but I'm not gonna smack a journo for saying our list management has neglected KPPs. We currently have one AFL quality key forward and one key back, lol.

So many top end mids hey.

One of them has already caught and you would be naive to think he’s the only one.
Naive, or totally bloody stupid?

Regardless of umpires and their mates possibly slipping a quid each way on an outcome, footy betting is big business and integrity is demanded.

One might think that it would be against the odds if there hasn't been some kind of influence on outcomes over the years.

My bookie mate had a lot of shady friends. His advice was, "Never bet on anything that can talk".

I imagine that meant people and parrots 🦜

Nailed it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'd be more upset at Aidan Corr's efforts as a senior player and defender.

Would we see that stuff from Firrito or Thommo? No.

I'd be more upset at Aidan Corr's efforts as a senior player and defender.

Would we see that stuff from Firrito or Thommo? No.

To have those type players again in our back line

Miss those days- workman like players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back