Preview North v crows Saturday 27 @1.45pm in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone, anyone, mount one sensible argument as to why Luke McDonald deserves a game?

Any takers?

lmac needs to keep rankine quiet

I’d want him to do more going the other way but expectations low so start with that

I expect lmac to not be captain next year and be a depth player

Can the statisticians among us - notably the immortal Marstermind - cast any light on when North Melbourne (or indeed any other AFL side, barring the expansion teams) last played 5 teenagers in the best 22?

Might help to make expectations a bit more realistic

Nobody is expecting us to play like a well oiled team of 150+ game players.

Where is this crows Matthew Nicks loathing coming from Crow till I die MrBarry etc?

My perception was your recruiting is strong, your list building nicely and you've caused a few upsets during your rebound. Nicks seems like a hard but smart leader?

Your "crap season" would be like a wet dream for me these days.

Where is this crows Matthew Nicks loathing coming from Crow till I die MrBarry etc?

My perception was your recruiting is strong, your list building nicely and you've caused a few upsets during your rebound. Nicks seems like a hard but smart leader?

Your "crap season" would be like a wet dream for me these days.
The supporter base is heartily fed up with the gold passes to certain underperforming players, the non playing of Curtin, Dowling and other quality draftees who are performing at SANFL level but over and above all this is the change in game plan that took us from the highest scoring side in the league last year to the lowest (or one of) this year in what should have been a year we expect to make finals. That our board signed him up at the start of the season when there was no rush and we could have w3aited to see if he was getting us to finals was unbelievable.

But out of respect, its your board so I will leave it at that but where we sit right now, unless we get change at the top, we are at the crossroads in this rebuild. I can see a clear strategy from your club and that was to gut the list and bring in heaps of 1st round talent with a real focus on the midfield. Yes right now you guys are struggling as you have a heap of kids (albeit quality ones) there and they don't have the AFL fitness base just yet and the experience just yet to be ultra competitive. Wait till the Wardlaw's, Sheezel,s McKercher's Durrsma's etc get to the 50-100 game marks and then see how damaging that top end drafted young midfield will be.

The supporter base is heartily fed up with the gold passes to certain underperforming players, the non playing of Curtin, Dowling and other quality draftees who are performing at SANFL level but over and above all this is the change in game plan that took us from the highest scoring side in the league last year to the lowest (or one of) this year in what should have been a year we expect to make finals. That our board signed him up at the start of the season when there was no rush and we could have w3aited to see if he was getting us to finals was unbelievable.

But out of respect, its your board so I will leave it at that but where we sit right now, unless we get change at the top, we are at the crossroads in this rebuild. I can see a clear strategy from your club and that was to gut the list and bring in heaps of 1st round talent with a real focus on the midfield. Yes right now you guys are struggling as you have a heap of kids (albeit quality ones) there and they don't have the AFL fitness base just yet and the experience just yet to be ultra competitive. Wait till the Wardlaw's, Sheezel,s McKercher's Durrsma's etc get to the 50-100 game marks and then see how damaging that top end drafted young midfield will be.
Thanks and all good, I asked.

The year that shall not named aside, I've always seen parallels between the clubs journeys over the last 25+ years.

s**t treatment by AFL House, s**t luck (expansion club poachings, Lever, Danger, JHFF etc) completely one off real life tragedies (fairly obvious examples), weird unexpected events to break momentum (Hawthorn racism allegations, Collective Minds etc) and supporter bases on BF who can largely enjoy a bit of gallows humour in a millennium that so far consists of short term steps up the ladder that inevitably lead back into the abyss.

Between 2014-2017 the clubs both enjoyed prelim finals and grand final appearances only to both find themselves in shitsville with nothing but scars to show for it by decades end.

The year that shall not named aside, I've always seen parallels between the clubs journeys over the last 25+ years.

s**t treatment by AFL House, s**t luck (expansion club poachings, Lever, Danger, JHFF etc) completely one off real life tragedies (fairly obvious examples), weird unexpected events to break momentum (Hawthorn racism allegations, Collective Minds etc) and supporter bases on BF who can largely enjoy a bit of gallows humour in a millennium that so far consists of short term steps up the ladder that inevitably lead back into the abyss.

Between 2014-2017 the clubs both enjoyed prelim finals and grand final appearances only to both find themselves in shitsville with nothing but scars to show for it by decades end.

Add in the Tarryn Thomas and Tyson Stengle exits.

Quite interesting (and sad) how perfectly it lines lines up really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why we bringing in players that haven't played any footy > experience or a desire to win

Boggling we bring in more inexperience when we have zero ******* leadership

Why we bringing in players that haven't played any footy > experience or a desire to win

Boggling we bring in more inexperience when we have zero ******* leadership

I don’t see the value in playing Greenwood or Shiels as they have struggled to have any impact at AFL level. Their leadership needs to be matched with at least some influence when they are on the ground.

I assume that’s who you are talking about as the other two blokes in the VFL who have played substantial AFL footy aren’t exactly known for their experience and desire to win.

I don’t see the value in playing Greenwood or Shiels as they have struggled to have any impact at AFL level. Their leadership needs to be matched with at least some influence when they are on the ground.

I assume that’s who you are talking about as the other two blokes in the VFL who have played substantial AFL footy aren’t exactly known for their experience and desire to win.
The choice is a couple of old blokes who look well and truly fried or a young bloke who's showing a bit in the VFL.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Tommy Chong Weed GIF by Paramount Movies

…geezus make me sick KC wat are u on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back