Preview North v crows Saturday 27 @1.45pm in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s your justification? Your side is miles better and coming on here and talking rubbish is just annoying. You are literally playing the worst side in the AFL era (over a five year period) and you’re trying to talk down your chances 😆

Fair enough mate, just saying your in for a surprise. It's the worst football I've seen us play since 2020.

And replace with who?

Reality our current predicament is almost exclusively down to our lack of player depth between 24 and over.
Anyone, it's called standards, if you don't perform go back to the VFL. We seem to be the only team that never drops players who are out of form. McDonald should have been out for Riley and seller's stay in for a start.

I'd even have pink in for Corr because Corr gives us nothing except finger pointing and blaming everyone else. He's a known quantity and he's done.

Stephens out for anyone as we should be playing mckercher and Scott on the wings.

Can the statisticians among us - notably the immortal Marstermind - cast any light on when North Melbourne (or indeed any other AFL side, barring the expansion teams) last played 5 teenagers in the best 22?

Might help to make expectations a bit more realistic

In the last round of 1988, North Melbourne fielded 5 teenagers in a game against the mighty Hawthorn team at Princes Park. We lost by 95 points.

Martyn, McRae and Schwass were 19. Longmire and Romero were 17. Only 5 members of the team that day became premiership players at NMFC - Martyn, Schwass, Longmire, Fairley and Allison.

Brenton Harris, Shaun Smith, Paul Bryce, Mark Hepburn, Anthony Rock and Alastair Clarkson also played as teenagers in 1988. Only Rock would become a premiership player.

In Round 14 in 1988 we had 7 teenagers play - Bryce, Hepburn, Martyn, McRae, Smith, Longmire and Rock. We beat Fitzroy by 39 points.

The bloke has played 2 games FFS. Please nominate who would replace him. Pink? You would have been one of the keyboard nutters calling for his head after only 2 games as well. Put up, or shut up!
Look at my history. Never have I knocked Pink . In fact I thought he was hard done by getting dropped ?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the sort of game we will win. Get on us now!

well it is identical to 2017 when paul roos said it would be a cricket score against us... same team, same venue and almost the same round!....we came out and kick 10 goals straight in the first quarter.

...ah the memories and hope thinking mcdonald had broken out into a super star midfield.

Can someone, anyone, mount one sensible argument as to why Luke McDonald deserves a game?

Any takers?
Whivh fit players are the candidates to replace him as a medium defender?

Bergman?
George?

That’s about it right? I’d prefer either Bergman or George in the team over him personally but you could mount an argument that McDonald is the better defender currently if the three

1990 two seasons later we finished sixth just outside the final five. Our investment in youth will pay off again, we must be patient and have the courage to stay the course.

Hopefully next year we can debut a couple of new teenagers like Anthony Stevens and Wayne Carey.

Good to see them reward lazzaro with a starting gig. Think his last 2 sub appearances have been good. Well be interesting to see who ends up sub from that bench. Powell and Fisher seem safe but Drury Phillips Stephens all could easily take that spot. Hope Stephens

well it is identical to 2017 when paul roos said it would be a cricket score against us... same team, same venue and almost the same round!....we came out and kick 10 goals straight in the first quarter.

...ah the memories and hope thinking mcdonald had broken out into a super star midfield.
Why did we ever move Silver out of the mids when he came into the seniors? Wasn't he smashing it in there in the VFL?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back