Autopsy Autopsy v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

We played 5 teenagers against a team led forward by Walker with Crouch and Laird as centre men

Nobody surely is surprised by the result?

Duursma, Wardlaw and Colby all showed something; Hardeman too

There’s no miracle available except time and experience, but I would like to see Finbar soon to give us a relieving mark down the line now and again

The same centremen in 2020 that we trounced with Jed Anderson, Trent Dumont and a first year midfielder Jy Simpkin leading the way, lol. Except the Adelaide blokes, they're 4 years older and worse than they were then.

We just simply do not want the ball enough. It’s always “oh you get it” “you go for that contested ground ball” instead of “I want this ball” “I’ll step up and contest”.

It’s so ******* evident because that’s why we always have positive outnumber but they always ‘somehow’ get the ball out.

This s*t has to stop. IDGAF if 2 players go for the same ball it just shows the intensity and desire to want the ****** pill.
I disagree, we get our hands on it sufficiently prob is we simply lack composure and cough it up weather from a fumble, poor decision/execution of outmarked up the line. Having said that we have been churning fumblers out of the list for years however we just seem to replace them with same olds, from 200 gamers like lmac to 3 gamers like biggie. Frankly our skills are terrable.

There were a lot of people hyping up our good start against Freo...and happy to dismiss the fact we blew a good lead against an interstate side at home in a rare game we appeared to have a chance to win. At one stage they notched 17 scoring shots to one.
That was a terrible result and has proven as such since.
Fact is, we have struggled to be competitive for more than a few moments.
We stink!

When is the statement Clarko?

You can’t keep rewarding senior players and leaders for this s**t.

If we are going to get flogged with no output from the senior players, let’s get flogged pumping games into kids.

Corr - when is enough?
Simpkin - his effort as a leader is appalling. Watched him jog on transition constantly.
Stephens - is he blowing you weekly? Not sure how he commands a game?
Scott - soft s**t campaigner that can’t use the ball
Tucker - what the * does he bring?
McDonald - clown time. But at least he gives some effort, but it s**t
Phillips - delist. Slow plodder that wouldn’t be on another list.
Biggie - is clueless. But not sure what to expect when there is no leadership directing him.

McKercher should be playing twos. Play him in the midfield in the VFL. Before anyone howls me down, he was just getting cheap ball down back and can’t defend.

The club is a mess and at lot of it is because Clarko won’t make the calls that need to be made and make senior players accountable for their crap.
Let’s hope that the media crucifixion continues.

View attachment 1972613

Where we are at - a Squiggle rating of 42.5 (For reference we started the season where West Coast currently are).

At the end of last season we had a rating of 46.5 and finished 2022 with a rating of 42.8.
Fitzroy at the end of 1996 were a shade under 44.

We are "performing" at an uncharted level of bad and getting worse.

Club is rotten to the core.
One game away from poor old Mr. Squiggle having to reset the scale.

I disagree, we get our hands on it sufficiently prob is we simply lack composure and cough it up weather from a fumble, poor decision/execution of outmarked up the line. Having said that we have been churning fumblers out of the list for years however we just seem to replace them with same olds, from 200 gamers like lmac to 3 gamers like biggie. Frankly our skills are terrable.
That is a whole different point.

That’s what I don’t get. We picked forward line of Larkey + mediums/smalls, with Larkey not being a contested marker.

And then we go slow & kick it long to a contest shallow in the forward 50.

Where’s the short kicks trying to find smalls & mediums on good leads? Guys like Powell & Drury are deceptively smart with their leads. They can find space.
And if we don’t want that, why not go fast?

Sure we could turn it over. But guess what we ******* do anyway ? Turn it over.
Small forward line with ZERO F50 tackles in the first half and FOUR for the game. You almost need to literally try not to tackle to get those numbers. It should be impossible.

Small forward line with ZERO F50 tackles in the first half and FOUR for the game. You almost need to literally try not to tackle to get those numbers. It should be impossible.
Small forward lines tend to function better with...actual small forwards.

This is really testing our small supporter base following the previous 3 seasons.
They say that doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome
is a sign of insanity.

No doubt that the players have lost confidence both in the team, the Club and themselves.

Clarko might have come into 2024 with a specific plan but its just not working and we now hear that
some players may be seeking to go to greener pastures, Who can blame them.

Clarko needs to pick, a team that can be competitive. For starters pick, players in the ideal position.
Teach them how to tackle. Players aren't learning when they are getting belted by 60+ points.

I don't understand how the opposition can have unopposed forwards after a centre bounce clearance. The 6:6:6 rule should mean it's one on one around the ground. But our defenders somehow get lost between half back and the centre square.

The lack of talent and experience in the backline is killing us, as well as our midfield.

Maybe we're better off playing 8 defenders at the centre bounce. Concede the free kick, but at least have the backline covered!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone who watched that tell me what he said.
Clubs kidding if they think anyone is genuinely listening in.

This campaigner is part of the problem not the solution to fix them

200.gif

Gotta have faith.

I'll take that from Clarko.

Some of the young guys progressed again. Xerri & Comben are great, long term talls. Zurhar was alright and Larkey good with very limited opportunities. We just got to be patient.

It is the older guys that are letting us down. I go back to that year when we delisted HALF OF OUR CLUB. Such a disaster, we ripped the support from our emerging leaders and I think this is the result.

I'd love to get an older master in, someone like lachie neale, just to show the way and take the pressure off LDU & sheezel.

We'll come good. Just not this year.

Last edited:
It's been a truly horrible 2 week period - thrashings by fellow bottom 4 teams at our home ground(s).

Clarko said before the Hawks game that the next 2 weeks will show us where we were at.

I think last week would have surprised Clarko by just how non competitive we were but to see no response at all this week should be setting alarm bells off at coaching and Board level.

No one seriously expected us to be competitive against the GWS'/Cats/Blues - but we all would have been expecting good solid efforts against Hawthorn and Crows - we got squat.

Not only are we the worst team in the comp - but we are around 8 goals away from moving from 18th to 17th. We haven't been in this position at any time in this 5 year rebuild. The effort required to get us up to 17th now looks beyond us on any short term (1-2 season) time period while getting out of the bottom 4 looks many years away - let's not even talk about a timeline for finals.

We are all prepared to give Clarko alot of rope here - but the fact that we have fallen so far behind the competition was not part of anyones planning.

The extent of changes required in the list and in the leadership group are enormous - the cuts will need to be deep and over multiple years. Changes in the list management team are a must.

The past 2 weeks have shown we are going to get even worse before we get better - the rest of '24 we will break all sort of records we don't want to be breaking - it will be ugly.

We have to hope that Clarko and his team are prepared to make the changes required at year end - and that players like LDU are prepared to sign up for what is now and will continue to look like a basket case of a club to the wider football world.

Last edited:
Can anyone who watched that tell me what he said.
Clubs kidding if they think anyone is genuinely listening in.

This campaigner is part of the problem not the solution to fix them
I can't bring myself to listen either.

I believe all but one of our players come from private school backgrounds so entitled privileged and soft
But you must remember so many of them are on sporting scholarships.

It would be interesting to know what percentage it is.

The elite schools have wonderful sporting set ups. Peter Knights was working at one of my son's school, and he had Peter Dacos as coach for his Sunday local footy.

There were a lot of people hyping up our good start against Freo...and happy to dismiss the fact we blew a good lead against an interstate side at home in a rare game we appeared to have a chance to win. At one stage they notched 17 scoring shots to one.
That was a terrible result and has proven as such since.
Fact is, we have struggled to be competitive for more than a few moments.
We stink!

The cognitive dissonance the week after that game was a sight to behold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back