Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need someone's opinion - what do I do/how do I get rid of all the rookies I have? I made the mistake of waiting too long and holding onto a lot of them so I think this year might be over for me (this is my first year of fantasy so I'd say it's going really good) but the rookies in my team are: S. Clohesy, W. Graham, B. Howes, M. Roberts. C. McKercher, J. Clark, H. Garcia, Z. Duursma, H. Reid, D. Jones.

I just need someone's opinion - what do I do/how do I get rid of all the rookies I have? I made the mistake of waiting too long and holding onto a lot of them so I think this year might be over for me (this is my first year of fantasy so I'd say it's going really good) but the rookies in my team are: S. Clohesy, W. Graham, B. Howes, M. Roberts. C. McKercher, J. Clark, H. Garcia, Z. Duursma, H. Reid, D. Jones.
Most of them are still holds, but you'd want to be trading a few asap. (Clark, Howes, Duursma)

Basically start trading them once there Breakeven hits there average or close to it.

This week is really hard there no new rookies with good JS making me rethink strategy but since I have Sweet from trading out jhye Clark last week has given me options

1) Xerri > Gulden & Dempsey to Bailey Dale (4 rooks)
2) Xerri > Naicos & Sharp to Hayden Young (Completes my DEF and 4 rooks)
3) Xerri > English & Dempsey to Bailey Dale (Sweet as cover for Byes 5 rooks)
4) Gallagher > Rogers & Sharp to Zerrett (5 rooks)

Which one would you choose?

This week is really hard there no new rookies with good JS making me rethink strategy but since I have Sweet from trading out jhye Clark last week has given me options

1) Xerri > Gulden & Dempsey to Bailey Dale (4 rooks)
2) Xerri > Naicos & Sharp to Hayden Young (Completes my DEF and 4 rooks)
3) Xerri > English & Dempsey to Bailey Dale (Sweet as cover for Byes 5 rooks)
4) Gallagher > Rogers & Sharp to Zerrett (5 rooks)

Which one would you choose?
I like 1) the best there. Provided you're not already stacked with Rd 12 bye players.

Sweet score fine to loop at R3. Already have Rozee, not going through the same thing with Marshall.

$0 left in the bank.

Happy to take on Roberts going forward as I wasn't going to play him this week anyway.

Merrett has West Coast twice, Norf and Richmond once each in the next seven matches.

Will be nice to own him after not having him at all the past 3 years.

1714655325914.png

Hold or fold with Steele ?

Looked cooked at training apparently
I dunno, I have him & Marshall. I think I might hold the trades back and see if any other news pops.
Norf should be an easy kill too which makes it even more difficult.

Sweet score fine to loop at R3. Already have Rozee, not going through the same thing with Marshall.

$0 left in the bank.

Happy to take on Roberts going forward as I wasn't going to play him this week anyway.

Merrett has West Coast twice, Norf and Richmond once each in the next seven matches.

Will be nice to own him after not having him at all the past 3 years.

View attachment 1977573
Damn I like this trade and works out better as graham/clohesy is better as field rookie option compared to a wilson and could do this as an option except trading out xerri and sharp

I dunno, I have him & Marshall. I think I might hold the trades back and see if any other news pops.
Norf should be an easy kill too which makes it even more difficult.
Sore from last week and illness on top of it. Will play, but to what extent.

This is extremely disappointing, because I started the season with my main premos as: Bont, Marshall, Dawson, Rozee and Naicos. All have been a bit underwhelming.

Sore from last week and illness on top of it. Will play, but to what extent.

This is extremely disappointing, because I started the season with my main premos as: Bont, Marshall, Dawson, Rozee and Naicos. All have been a bit underwhelming.
Just gotta roll with the punches and make the best of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale is pretty intriguing with his run and bye round. Hawks give up bucketloads of marks so should go big again this week then has the Tigers next week.

There’s definitely a world where you can sideways him at 900-950k to a premium mid coming off the rd12 bye if he doesn’t become a keeper (hard to see him staying, pulls these sorts of scores most years).

Is Parish not right/carrying an injury?

His tog this season:
85% - 104 points
80% - 66 points
75% - 68 points
74% - 86 points
68% - 107 points

107 points off 68% tog is big. And he has a favourable fixture the next 3 out of 4 games. But the tog decreasing every week is concerning.

Is Parish not right/carrying an injury?

His tog this season:
85% - 104 points
80% - 66 points
75% - 68 points
74% - 86 points
68% - 107 points

107 points off 68% tog is big. And he has a favourable fixture the next 3 out of 4 games. But the tog decreasing every week is concerning.

Was injured to start the year so that might be playing a part, had him in my starting team till the injury

Definitely value but with the low TOG pretty risky

I know it sounds dumb but really tempted to trade Xerri over Grundy

Both will gone by their bye so and Grundys fixture looks much more enticing

Grundy
Giants, Freo, Carlton, Dogs
First two are surprisingly 2 of the easiest ruck matchups scoring wise, and 2 games at the SCG where he averages 120. Plus a likely very high stoppage game this weekend

Xerri
Saints, Suns, Essendon, Port
Should kill it against a hobbled Marshall but then 3 of the hardest ruck scoring matchups there is (according to DFS)

I'm overthinking and should just jump off Gurndy right?

Was injured to start the year so that might be playing a part, had him in my starting team till the injury

Definitely value but with the low TOG pretty risky
Yeah it does look that way.
BE of 106 so I guess we can still see how he goes this week without him really becoming much more expensive

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Woewodin or Hardeman? I’ve had Taj in all week but feel like hardy has better JS.
Tough decision given we won't know Melbourne's sub until after North plays. To that end I'd probably take the punt on Hardeman (also a few Dees coming back over the coming rounds that might push Woewodin out of the team).

Should I get rid of Sanders this week for a green dot or take advantage of him not losing money this week to downgrade Dempsey instead?

Sharp vs Jackson BE 76 v 122. Trust Sharp to outscore him and lose less cash or BE.
Carry the 160k and better upgrade next week.
You can get a sneaky loop if Sweet goes sub 60 with Jackson but is that likely or worth it?
Sharp in mid Wilson forward. Move McKercher back and loop Reid/Graham is worth it.

Thanks for the advice lad, will punt Jacko for sure given his BE. Unfortunately can't loop Reid/Graham as I don't have a loophole, but would've been nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back