Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, atm toxic has swayed me towards going Mitchell > Jaensch and than Higgins > Reiwoldt. Am i crazy for liking this? thoughts?

NRoo has West Coast and a harder run coming up.

Don't expect the massive scores to keep coming.

Anyone trading out Mitchell, Enright, Dangerfield or Gunston, or anyone trading in Mumford or Jaensch, isn't fit to drive.

Hi All,

Just wondering what changes to my supercoach team you would advise this coming week:

mitchell hibberd simpson guthrie mcdonald langdom (cameron, laidler)

ablett, murphy, cotchin, beams, shuey, dunstan, polec, tyson (cunningham, aish)

Sandi, pyke (derrickx, currie)

Danger, martin, mitchell, pavlich, caddy, rohan (impey, mcdonough)

Im thinking, rohan to ambrose as the only trade this week, perhaps maybe guthrie to swallow, what are your thoughts, cheers

Yeah think ill hold Mitchell for now and look to just upgrade or downgrade Higgins.

Higgins' BE is 5, for God's sake! Why downgrade him now? Surely you chose him because he was cheap for what you might get and forward rookies were thin. If you stick with him and his good-but-not-great scores for a bit longer you'll be rewarded modestly, but usefully.

Higgins will improve as the doggies build confidence this season. Should he remain uninjured there is no reason that he couldn't reach 450-480k by the bye.
Is everyone jumping on Taylor due to the DPP, ro was he actually impressive against the Cats? I didn't see any of his game so am not sold.

The influx of Matt Thomas trade-ins could be one of the funnier things we will see go down in Supercoach history.

You'd be better off going Webster > Georgiou & Higgins > M Thomas (move Taylor to fwds)
Suckling and Daisy will make money over the next few weeks (28 & 36 B/E's) and with 160k in your bank after the trades I suggested you are only 2-3 weeks away from turning Suckling and Daisy into premo's if they keep averaging in the 70's.

Ah, Higgins -> M Thomas, forgot I could even do that? :rolleyes:... How's it work? :p I can reverse trades if I somehow break it I guess. Killer idea Gingy.

As for Webster, depends on his injury report - for mine, I see huge potential in him, could average at least the same as Suckling (was on track before sub vest), and would prefer to keep him. But if too unclear, will play the safer trade yes.

Liking that option though! Wait and assess again Friday.

I think I've talked myself into these two trades.

Going to go with my gut.

Burger > Mummy
Roughead > Zorko

Now leaves me with $222,900 in the kitty.

Keeping Mitchell and Enright, even if one of them misses this week.

Next week can go Rohan > M.Crouch via Taylor mpp and then either Webster > Swallow or Caddy > Chappy.

The more I think about it the more I think these trades are winners.

Yeah some may say I'm chasing points but I can't see Mumford and Zorko slowing down and I think Burger isn't going to be top 3 rucks this year with West in the team and Roughead is going to be too up and down for me. He needs to kick 5 goals just to get a decent score!

My overall ranking isn't going to improve without getting Mumford, Zorko, Pendles, NRoo, Chappy, Selwood and Swallow into my team. I feel you need to get as many of these guys into your team as quickly as possible!

I'm locking my trades in. Its only 2 trades, 27 to go. LOL! :rainbow:

Last edited:
Ok so I'm doing the unthinkable of getting rid of a premium for cash. Just need to work out which one....

Trading either Libba or Kennedy > Tyson (Tyson avg higher then both ATM)

So I can upgrade the spud Rohan > Zorko. (This trade can't be done without a downgrade).

Even if either Libba or Kennedy avg 110 and Tyson only 90. I think the upgrade of Rohan to Zorko will make my side at least 50 points better a week on avg.

Thoughts?

Hi All,
Just wondering what changes to my supercoach team you would advise this coming week:

mitchell hibberd simpson guthrie mcdonald langdom (cameron, laidler)

ablett, murphy, cotchin, beams, shuey, dunstan, polec, tyson (cunningham, aish)

Sandi, pyke (derrickx, currie)

Danger, martin, mitchell, pavlich, caddy, rohan (impey, mcdonough)

Im thinking, rohan to ambrose as the only trade this week, perhaps maybe guthrie to swallow, what are your thoughts, cheers

Higgins will improve as the doggies build confidence this season. Should he remain uninjured there is no reason that he couldn't reach 450-480k by the bye.
Is everyone jumping on Taylor due to the DPP, ro was he actually impressive against the Cats? I didn't see any of his game so am not sold.

The influx of Matt Thomas trade-ins could be one of the funnier things we will see go down in Supercoach history.

Agree with this, to an extent. It'll be interesting to see how M Thomas and Higgins play out. I don't believe their will be much middle ground, both high risk - either it will work very well (eg. Higgins returns to his prime, tops out around 450k) or crash (eg. Higgins soft tissue injury in next game). Pick a side of the fence ;) - part of the charm that is SC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got most of the rookies/cash cows already in McDonald, Langdon, Langford, Tyson, Ellis, Polec, Michie, Dunstan, Impey, Ambrose and JKH so I am toying with the idea of Mitchell > Jaensch and D Thomas > M Thomas, I'd guess (optimistically) Jaensch could maintain an average around 90 and M Thomas the same which wouldn't be far off the 2 they replace and it would add a much needed 350k approx into my upgrade fund.

But I also think it could completely backfire and would be a total waste of two trades...

Any thoughts?

NRoo has West Coast and a harder run coming up.

Don't expect the massive scores to keep coming.
^ this. I won't be jumping on the NRoo train too soon, sure he killed it against the Dees (his defender was injuried when he racked it up) and Giants (defenders didn't completely look up to it). He will come up against significantly better opponent now - wait til he's faced some real opposition and organised defence for mine.

Higgins' BE is 5, for God's sake! Why downgrade him now? Surely you chose him because he was cheap for what you might get and forward rookies were thin. If you stick with him and his good-but-not-great scores for a bit longer you'll be rewarded modestly, but usefully.
At a latter date I will not now haha

Enright > Swallow
Higgins > Zorko

Thoughts?

Enright trade not worth it IMO.

He will most likely play this week and if he doesn't he will definitely play next week. Hold!

Try and find another way of getting Swallow in.

For me I'm getting him in next week like this -

Rohan > M.Crouch via Taylor mpp and Webster > Swallow :thumbsu:

He will most likely play this week and if he doesn't he will definitely play next week. Hold!

More chance enright won't play then will but should be back next so your point still valid.

Yeah i'd prefer to keep Enright and Mitchell.

So I might do
Sutcliffe > Swallow
Higgins > Ambrose
Strengthens defence and means i have 100k spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back