WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All Royal Rumble PPVs are now up on BINGE (was only as far back as 2015 a couple of days ago), and all WCW Saturday Night episodes the Network had are now there too.

I’ll admit I had no idea regular Foxtel would actually carry the on-demand stuff (I thought it was just the 24/7 channel and Premium Live Events, with replays of recent RAWs/SmackDowns/NXTs/Main Events available to stream up to a certain expiry date). Thanks to checking this thread out the other night, being a Foxtel customer I had a look.

It has a truckload more stuff than what BINGE has - including all Nitros and Thunders, and ALMOST all WWF/WWE PPVs (although, bizarrely enough, WrestleMania X-Seven is the only WrestleMania missing). Still no Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression Era RAWs or SmackDowns, however (both only as far back as 2021, but further back than BINGE).

So I effectively wasted a month’s subscription of BINGE! (Ah well, there’s other stuff on there that interests me so it’s not a complete waste, I guess!)

All Royal Rumble PPVs are now up on BINGE (was only as far back as 2015 a couple of days ago), and all WCW Saturday Night episodes the Network had are now there too.

I’ll admit I had no idea regular Foxtel would actually carry the on-demand stuff (I thought it was just the 24/7 channel and Premium Live Events, with replays of recent RAWs/SmackDowns/NXTs/Main Events available to stream up to a certain expiry date). Thanks to checking this thread out the other night, being a Foxtel customer I had a look.

It has a truckload more stuff than what BINGE has - including all Nitros and Thunders, and ALMOST all WWF/WWE PPVs (although, bizarrely enough, WrestleMania X-Seven is the only WrestleMania missing). Still no Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression Era RAWs or SmackDowns, however (both only as far back as 2021, but further back than BINGE).

So I effectively wasted a month’s subscription of BINGE! (Ah well, there’s other stuff on there that interests me so it’s not a complete waste, I guess!)
This calls for a Nitro party. 1-800-collect

Call the hotline to see which ex- United States Champion will be a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble this Sunday:

sting-hotline.jpg

Next minute... Woo Woo Woo

1674812272887.jpeg

My free Foxtel got cut off just as they actually started adding more stuff 😢

Signed up for a free trial and watched some stiff and got another free trial for the Rumble but the damn thing won’t let you login to a different account for a free trial on the same app!

Should be able to stream from the browser but sucks I can’t use the apps on the TV

Damn do I miss 1998/1999! How I wish I could’ve been in the Mean Gene/Riki Rachtman role at those Nitro Parties…

Few more WCW PPVs now up - all Slamborees, all Great American Bashes, 2 Bash at the Beaches (1997 and 2000 - pretty ironic 2000 is up before 1996), and all Starrcades (including NWA/JCP). More ECW content is up too, including all Guilty as Charged, Anarchy Rulz and Heat Wave PPVs. WrestleMania X-Seven is also now up. Foxtel are getting much better.

As for BINGE, for me it’s still CRINGE…

UPDATE: I was wrong about Foxtel having ALL Nitros uploaded. There’s one missing - 19 July 1999 (Season 5 Episode 28). Only discovered this after I relived highlights of that episode on YouTube and wanted to watch the whole thing. Still flogs CRINGE, which still only has the 2001 episodes uploaded.

Last edited:
My free Foxtel got cut off just as they actually started adding more stuff 😢

Signed up for a free trial and watched some stiff and got another free trial for the Rumble but the damn thing won’t let you login to a different account for a free trial on the same app!

Should be able to stream from the browser but sucks I can’t use the apps on the TV
Damn that sucks! If I could I’d happily give up my “accidental” one-month BINGE payment to see you regain that free Foxtel for your TV to watch the Rumble! Hope you can sort something out in time mate!

Damn that sucks! If I could I’d happily give up my “accidental” one-month BINGE payment to see you regain that free Foxtel for your TV to watch the Rumble! Hope you can sort something out in time mate!

Thanks, found a workaround. Had to delete the app and then watch through the browser and cast to the Apple TV so so far so good!!!

It has been a bit patchy when doing it as sometimes the cast option isn’t there but today it is so guess I’m watching the pre show as don’t dare touch it now it’s working!

I’ll start by saying I haven’t watched any sort of wrestling for the good part of 20 odd years, after watching the last of us on Binge I found the wrestling nextwork and just went back to find an old ppv for some nostalgia. I landed on the royal rumble 2003… there was this incredible epic Benoit v Angle match on that card. Holy hell.. I now remember why I use to love this back in the day… like holy hell.. now with what limited library on there, can anyone remind me of some of the better matches from back in day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll start by saying I haven’t watched any sort of wrestling for the good part of 20 odd years, after watching the last of us on Binge I found the wrestling nextwork and just went back to find an old ppv for some nostalgia. I landed on the royal rumble 2003… there was this incredible epic Benoit v Angle match on that card. Holy hell.. I now remember why I use to love this back in the day… like holy hell.. now with what limited library on there, can anyone remind me of some of the better matches from back in day?

Angle vs Benoit at Wrestlemania was even better!

Some of my favourite WWE/F matches...

Wrestlemania - Bret Hart vs Stone Cold
No Way Out - Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar
Wrestlemania - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (both times great, 1st one was best)
Wrestlemania - The Rock vs Hulk Hogan
Summerslam - Mr. Perfect vs Bret Hart
Summerslam - British Bulldog vs Bret Hart
Wrestlemania - Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat
Summerslam - TLC 1
Wrestlemania - TLC 2
More recently - check out Sheamus vs Gunther at Clash At The Castle

How do you log in to WWE Network with your Kayo account?

How do you log in to WWE Network with your Kayo account?
You should just be able to log in to your Kayo account as per normal and access whatever content is on there. I don’t use Kayo but I have a feeling there’s not much outside of recent RAW/SmackDown/NXT episodes and the ability to watch PPVs/PLEs live (as was the case with last week’s Royal Rumble). I could be wrong, though!

Do you just want good stuff from that era or do you want anything good from the past 20 years?

You should just be able to log in to your Kayo account as per normal and access whatever content is on there. I don’t use Kayo but I have a feeling there’s not much outside of recent RAW/SmackDown/NXT episodes and the ability to watch PPVs/PLEs live (as was the case with last week’s Royal Rumble). I could be wrong, though!

Has a Few Doco's but not much else

Can anyone with Binge please let me know if the Biography WWE Legend series has subtitles? The season on SBS doesn’t 😢
A bunch of the content that did have closed captioning on the WWE Network (a requirement of the Americans With Disabilities Act) no longer has that functionality following its migration to Binge.

This is actually true of a lot of Binge content. It is, in all likelihood, unlawful. If not for the prospect it might get me into trouble with my employer, I would love to bring a claim against Rupert. It’s a complete joke.

(Kayo is even worse, for the record. Binge is hit and miss but Kayo still has no closed captions at all).

Do you just want good stuff from that era or do you want anything good from the past 20 years?
Probably that era, I recon there is a ton that I have forgotten about. I just watched wrestemania 17 for the first time in well.. since the first time. That was epic and bought back so many memories. That was peek awesomeness

Probably that era, I recon there is a ton that I have forgotten about. I just watched wrestemania 17 for the first time in well.. since the first time. That was epic and bought back so many memories. That was peek awesomeness

I'd recommend watching as much as you can from the second half of 2002 Smackdown. The Smackdown 6 (Benoit, Angle, Edge, Mysterio, Chavo and Eddie Guerrero) stealing the show every week.

One of my favourite matches of all time takes place at No Mercy that year involving 4 of those guys.

A bunch of the content that did have closed captioning on the WWE Network (a requirement of the Americans With Disabilities Act) no longer has that functionality following its migration to Binge.

This is actually true of a lot of Binge content. It is, in all likelihood, unlawful. If not for the prospect it might get me into trouble with my employer, I would love to bring a claim against Rupert. It’s a complete joke.

(Kayo is even worse, for the record. Binge is hit and miss but Kayo still has no closed captions at all).
When I worked with the customer support at Kayo and Binge, we repeatedly raised the requests for closed captions, but it fell on deaf ears every time (no pun intended). They don't listen to their users feedback and only implement what they want. The view for Kayo at least was that you watch the sport and not necessarily listen so why bother with captions, but that view doesn't work for Binge with their content. Anything for the $$$ when it comes to Fox owned products.

Signed up to Foxtel now for the free trial today basically to watch the first test. Had a browse through the WWE section and damn, outside of The back catalogue of old Raws and Smackdowns it's got pretty much everything you'd want on there. It's not far off what the Network was now. Much more extensive than Binge anyway.
After the free trial it's $59 a month for the first 12 months for all the packages. So like half price. Can cancel any time aswell.
Reckon I might just even roll with that and get rid of Binge ($16 per month) and forget about getting Kayo back before footy season ($30 per month) and pay that bit extra for everything that's on both and a whole lot more

Signed up to Foxtel now for the free trial today basically to watch the first test. Had a browse through the WWE section and damn, outside of The back catalogue of old Raws and Smackdowns it's got pretty much everything you'd want on there. It's not far off what the Network was now. Much more extensive than Binge anyway.
After the free trial it's $59 a month for the first 12 months for all the packages. So like half price. Can cancel any time aswell.
Reckon I might just even roll with that and get rid of Binge ($16 per month) and forget about getting Kayo back before footy season ($30 per month) and pay that bit extra for everything that's on both and a whole lot more

You can watch the current shows on Kayo. So you're paying $32 to have access to the back catalogue. That's rubbish value IMO.

Back