WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 1 - Sunday 7th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

How great was having two separate tag team winners that match was perfectly booked and executed we no longer have unified tag titles and it's about time too
It gives Waller & Theory something to actually do as well. Both guys have the potential to be more than they currently are but they’ve just been in limbo for a couple of months now.

It gives Waller & Theory something to actually do as well. Both guys have the potential to be more than they currently are but they’ve just been in limbo for a couple of months now.
Agree keep them with Logan they work for him now

Pat Macfee made me laugh "lots of skill but zero brains between them" lols

8.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't say 100%

I'm closer to 10%

There'll be enough shenanigans without a Rock turn yet. They'll save that one and build towards it I think.
So they keep belt on Reigns?

The Rock doesn't have to turn for Cody to win.

I'm expecting a TON of run-ins, then after the dust settles, it's only Roman and Cody one on one. Then Cody goes over clean.

Agree keep them with Logan they work for him now

Pat Macfee made me laugh "lots of skill but zero brains between them" lols

View attachment 1953328

Logan will retain I think. He's got a bit of this run left, and can you imagine the cockiness of that trio with a belt each?

Makes me cringe so hard that I like it :thumbsupemoji:

You can tease the Rock turning on Roman without it actually happening. Roman’s spear to the Rock tonight was part of that.

I don’t think the Rock will be the one to cost Roman himself and that story will be a part of a longer term build. Stone Cold & Cena I do expect to be involved to neutralise the bloodline and the Rock.

You can tease the Rock turning on Roman without it actually happening. Roman’s spear to the Rock tonight was part of that.

I don’t think the Rock will be the one to cost Roman himself and that story will be a part of a longer term build. Stone Cold & Cena I do expect to be involved to neutralise the bloodline and the Rock.

Also, turning the Rock now would waste the Rock pinning Cody last night without them ever facing off one on one

Finally caught up after having to duck out after Rey's match.

IC match and main event were both incredible, for different reasons.

How anyone could watch that Sami intro, then how the match unfolded, and not want Sami to win is beyond me. He's an all-time great underdog and I loved all of that. Gunther is moving on up and Sami can continue the "workrate" nature of the title. Feud with Gable upcoming.

Main even was everything I wanted it to be and I hope that Night 2's main event is even longer. Obvioulsy Cody, Seth and Roman are at the top of their games, but the Rock blew me away with how good he was. First real match in 11 years is crazy. Great layout of the match and finish that sets up Night 2 perfectly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting here since it includes night 1 results.

Slammy Winners:
Entrance of the Year: Cody Rhodes
Match of the Year: Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania
Breakout Superstar of the Year: LA Knight
NXT Superstar of the Year: Tiffany Stratton
Rivalry of the Year: Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns
Fan Chant of the Year: Yeah! LA Knight.
Mic Drop of the Year: Paul Heyman promo on RAW
The Rizzie Winner: Seth Rollins
Villain of the Year: Dirty Dom
Trash Talker of the Year: The Rock
Faction of the Year: Judgement Day
Social Star of the Year: Drew McIntyre
Female Superstar of the Year: Rhea Ripley
Male Superstar of the Year: Cody Rhodes
OMG moment of the Year: CM Punk returning
Return of the Year: CM Punk

Last edited:
Who should have won the title?

Gunther, whilst dominant, was boring towards the end.
Good question. I don’t really have a clear answer. People suggested Gable.
I was assuming since Lesnar got taken out of the rumble and mania match, that Bron Breakker would have arrived on RAW and been built up for 2-3 months and won the IC title at Mania

Gunther champion ship run even thou it got abit stale the last 6 months was 100% better than last 2 year of Roman Title run. Gunther shown how you can be a heel and still win dominate and clean unlike romam who can only win by interference it seems. Even last night if not for Rock with Belt Roman loses.

Wish Roman was more dominate he so could be and didn't need outside interference to win every single match. It's gotten so old and boring.

Finally caught up after having to duck out after Rey's match.

IC match and main event were both incredible, for different reasons.

How anyone could watch that Sami intro, then how the match unfolded, and not want Sami to win is beyond me. He's an all-time great underdog and I loved all of that. Gunther is moving on up and Sami can continue the "workrate" nature of the title. Feud with Gable upcoming.

Main even was everything I wanted it to be and I hope that Night 2's main event is even longer. Obvioulsy Cody, Seth and Roman are at the top of their games, but the Rock blew me away with how good he was. First real match in 11 years is crazy. Great layout of the match and finish that sets up Night 2 perfectly.

I mean, I'm a Sami fan and got into the match but the whole thing was a bit silly.

Sami who won the main event of wrestlemania last year is built as not being able to win the big one, whilst challenging for a title he's won like five times (having declared himself as a future world champion in the lead in).

I mean, I'm a Sami fan and got into the match but the whole thing was a bit silly.

Sami who won the main event of wrestlemania last year is built as not being able to win the big one, whilst challenging for a title he's won like five times (having declared himself as a future world champion in the lead in).
Idea is Gunther is the big win. Its about making a win against Gunther seem like a big deal mostly. You couldnt have Gunther just randomly lose 1 on 1 without that type of story being told

Not all title wins/reigns are alike though. Thanks to Gunther's reign the IC title means significantly more than it did when Sami won it off Braun in a 3-1 handicap match.

I will say after weeks online in multiple communities or forums being told I was stupid for believing A Town Down Under would win a set of belts because "It has to be DIY or NCR" or "They're too boring" all I have to say is:

VINDICAAAAAAAATTTIONNNNNNNNNNN

View attachment 1953226

No idea what dickhead Dave was on about claiming they were being pulled from the match!!!

Not all title wins/reigns are alike though. Thanks to Gunther's reign the IC title means significantly more than it did when Sami won it off Braun in a 3-1 handicap match.

Kayfabe wise Sami has won bigger matches than Gunther who has never main evented a PLE, including the wrestlemania main event

Remove this Banner Ad

Back