WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

So he had his final match and won’t wrestle for another whole year even when under contract? Not making much sense

Wasn’t it reported that a part of his contract included pay per appearance? Not really obligated to wrestle with that in mind.

Just like in Australia where he didn’t have to come according to some reports.

Roman isn't even close to done imo. Still plenty of story to tell, his relationship with the rest of the bloodline and Rock etc. Even Paul Heyman and how they break up. Plus probably has another singles feud with Seth in him and CM Punk when he comes back from injury. Many of the people he feuded with can feel fresh without the shadow of the bloodline backup with him.

Has years left in him imo

Last edited:
I think he realises it is probably his last match and it is time to move on to better things.

A lot of emotion there. Have to feel for him. Treated horrifically by the fans.

Fans have loved him in this run, ones in the air everytime he came out.

He’s already wrestled 75% of his annual matches so will definitely have a break and give the company a chance to grow after Mania which has traditionally been the drop in business.

He is almost to big for the company after this run, I can't see any matches unless it's a main event.

He is the new Brock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally hope we don’t get Roman vs Rock because the fans don’t deserve it at this point.
Lol. All because fans wanted something to happen they were invested greatly in and made sense and you personally don't like Cody (which is fine btw, believe it or not I'm not the hugest fan of his either). What a bunch of utter horse s**t.

Last edited:
Segment fell flat to me.

I was literally hoping something would happen. Whether it be Seth turn on him right there or a surprise debut. Disappointing that it ended up as nothing.

I mean this respectfully, but I don't think you truly understand how professional wrestling works.

Taking away for a moment that you don't like Cody, but this 'story' has been YEARS in the making. It's culminated in the most wild main event in decades.

To spoil that cathartic ending (for the audience, clearly not you individually), with a random heel turn or debut would be utterly preposterous business and booking.

It would be putting a hat on a hat.

One reason people cant see Cody as the main star is because they cant see the need for someone to talk outside of the ring I suppose. In WWE it holds massive importance. In AEW and NJPW it holds zero .

Its something TK needs to decide on going forward. Does he want the champ to be a media guy. It seems he decided that it doesnt matter already though when he paud Okada all that money

Give it a goddamn rest.

MJF, Punk, Jericho and Joe not 'media' enough for you?

They're about to strap up a potential crossover star who already has his foot in music outside of wrestling.

I mean this respectfully, but I don't think you truly understand how professional wrestling works.

Taking away for a moment that you don't like Cody, but this 'story' has been YEARS in the making. It's culminated in the most wild main event in decades.

To spoil that cathartic ending (for the audience, clearly not you individually), with a random heel turn or debut would be utterly preposterous business and booking.

It would be putting a hat on a hat.

Don't worry about it. I have been putting up with condescending messages all day so another one telling me that I "don't understand how professional wrestling works" does no harm. It's all water off a ducks back.

I think it is important to remember that Rhodes only returned at WM two years ago. Do you believe that this was the plan since the start? I would disagree with that. I believe "finishing the story" only became a thing 1 year ago at WM where Triple H uttered the phrase at a press conference.

The ending is the thing I have a problem with. No other superstar had such a huge celebration after their match with family. Did Sami Zayn get that 10-20 minute segment? Nope and he is definitely more worthy of it.

How could they have ended ideally? Not make such a 10-20 minute fuss over a guy who went and started a rival company and mocked him with the throne. Just let him do a short celebration like everyone else got. Otherwise a debut or heel turn would be the better option. The over the top celebration at the end is the thing I had a problem with.

Don't worry about it. I have been putting up with condescending messages all day so another one telling me that I "don't understand how professional wrestling works" does no harm. It's all water off a ducks back.

I think it is important to remember that Rhodes only returned at WM two years ago. Do you believe that this was the plan since the start? I would disagree with that. I believe "finishing the story" only became a thing 1 year ago at WM where Triple H uttered the phrase at a press conference.

The ending is the thing I have a problem with. No other superstar had such a huge celebration after their match with family. Did Sami Zayn get that 10-20 minute segment? Nope and he is definitely more worthy of it.

How could they have ended ideally? Not make such a 10-20 minute fuss over a guy who went and started a rival company and mocked him with the throne. Just let him do a short celebration like everyone else got. Otherwise a debut or heel turn would be the better option. The over the top celebration at the end is the thing I had a problem with.

TBH, I don't disagree. It was one thing to have the 'avengers' celebrate with him. Another to have randos like CM Punk with no connection to the bloodline angle getting in there, so they can have Bruce Prichard come in for a hug.

The funny thing is that the 'score evening' face interference was actually better done last year, and would have resulted in a better celebration. KO /Sami clearing house, and hitting the Helluva Kick on Roman was the moment. They were integral parts of the story leading into the event.

Also, like... come on, the constant Triple H stuff feels like such an obvious manipulation to sell us that we shouldn't think about the Vince stuff any more- don't worry, it's an entirely new leaf. It's... his son in law.

Roman deserves a tonne of credit for how comprehensively he put Cody over to cement him, as well. He lost that match like three times with all the interference and ate like 7 cross-rhodes. And he didn't really give himself an 'out' for the loss- no accidental Rock belt shot or whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back