WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 1 - Sunday 7th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I made that mistake looking at a tweet from Dynamite when Adam Copeland said enjoy pro-wrestling and the options we have, and even all the old classic wrestling we have access to all at our fingertips. He ended up getting massacred in the replies.

A lot of the people replying had blue ticks, so I assume they are looking for engagement in any way possible to make 10 cents.
it wasn't what he said, it was the timing of when he said it.

best: Gunther vs Zayn (even though I still don't think Sami was the right person to end the title reign)
worst: 6 woman tag

new Then, Now, Forever and show opening good. the giant 'XL' on the stage was unnecessary.

Agree that Sami was the wrong choice, but it still works for me.

Best: Main event
Worst: 6 woman tag

Production of the event was top notch (except the NCR titantron botch), though there could have been more backstage interviews, events, and angles.
Loved the stage, and the XL looked great to me.

Cleavy seems we don't agree on much! :tearsofjoy:

World would be dull if we all had the same opinions.
I was going to agree on your post regarding the production, and they could have added an interview or 2.

I also thought Gunther should have had the entrance with the lowering stage that Bianca/Naomi/Jade had.

So that brekker fella didnt get a match on the WM card?

Was defending his NXT tag team titles on NXT Stand and Deliver.
I haven't seen it yet (no spoilers please), but apparently it was a banger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My order of matches

1. Main Event - Best match of the night. Delivered more then I expected myself - 8/10
2. Tag team ladder match - Good results for both titles and some good spots - 7.5/10
3. Sami vs Gunther - Dont think Sami was the guy to win it but do think Gunther needed to lose the belt to target the bigger one. - 7.5/10
4. Rhea vs Becky - Rhea for entrance of the night. Carried Becky very well. - 7/10
5. Jey vs Jimmy - Below par, a 4/10 match. Needed something to actually happen in it like a Rikishi interference or the like. Just plain nothing - 4/10
6. Damage Ctrl vs Womens NOD - Did its job but was a bit flat still. Bit of a nothing match - 4/10
7. Escobar/Dom vs Rey/Andrade - Putrid booking. Andrade had some great moments but the booking of the entire thing was just cringe. One of the worst WM matches in recent times. - 2/10

Is Bret v Owen the only brother v brother match to actually deliver?

I remember when everyone wanted Dustin v Cody at Mania but their bout on a lesser show was a letdown so they didn’t go ahead with it again.
Taker and Kane (the first one) ;)

10000% Stone Cold stops the Rock tomorrow

It’s going to be utter chaos can see a lot of people involved ultimately think it’s going to be the glass shatters Austin takes out Rock then Cody finishes Roman and gets the win.

Main event started slow and ended on a high great last 10 minutes.

I think the Rock turns tomorrow it's set up perfectly.

Cost him the match and reminds him that The Rock is the final boss.

I can't see him and the ego not being involved in the finish.

Is Bret v Owen the only brother v brother match to actually deliver?

I remember when everyone wanted Dustin v Cody at Mania but their bout on a lesser show was a letdown so they didn’t go ahead with it again.

Jeff did wrestle Matt, at WM25 in an extreme rules match. Full of spots but wasn't a classic. Jeff said later that Vince cut it short, so they had to cut out some things.

Think the path is Stone Cold to take out The Rock, Cena to take out Solo and Jey to take out Jimmy. HHH takes Heyman out and away from the match. Then Cody wins 1 on 1.

After Mania you got Stone Cold on RAW to cut a promo with Rock cussing him out etc. On Smackdown Roman and Rock in the ring . Jey and Solo take out The Rock. Roman says he will come after the title later but first he has to take care of family business . Rock vs Roman in Saudi

Biggest problem is for all the love of the HHH era, the focus has been so much on the top storyline’s the mid card got forgotten.

Priest has lost all momentum because of R Truth being so good he’s stolen all the JD heat.

The USOs got completely lost in the Rock and Roman stuff they were basically forgotten until the last week or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back