WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished it. Avoided all spoilers all day.

That

Was

EPIC

I am so blessed to have witnessed this, to everyone involved that was a mother******* treat.

WOW

So good.

Looking forward to RAW

👏🏽

TBH, I don't disagree. It was one thing to have the 'avengers' celebrate with him. Another to have randos like CM Punk with no connection to the bloodline angle getting in there, so they can have Bruce Prichard come in for a hug.

The funny thing is that the 'score evening' face interference was actually better done last year, and would have resulted in a better celebration. KO /Sami clearing house, and hitting the Helluva Kick on Roman was the moment. They were integral parts of the story leading into the event.

Also, like... come on, the constant Triple H stuff feels like such an obvious manipulation to sell us that we shouldn't think about the Vince stuff any more- don't worry, it's an entirely new leaf. It's... his son in law.

HHH's ego is so big it's got its own zip code.

Its also a culminaton of more then 2 years of work. Its a lifetime. Fact is at AEW he was shafted and didnt get the top spot he had earnt because of politics. In WWE he got that spot and he got it at the company he needed to do it in. Rhodes family is WWE, not AEW when its all said and done and today just justifies that

Just a correction, Cody deliberately didn't want the AEW World title because he was one of the guys who started the company. WWE presented that challenge to him and redemption for what was previously a mediocre career with them. He went out and proved to himself and everyone else that he could be the guy, but he didn't want to take it from something he had control over.

Also, Roman isn't going anywhere. The WWE title is just a prop and it's been used to underline tyrannic rule by Roman for the past 3-4 years, but it transferred to be Cody's storyline prop for the past year.

The Bloodine storyline still exists. Build can happen for Rock vs Roman for a long while yet. May be some break in between, but they've always had that up their sleeve. Pull the handbrake when they want, step on the gas when they need to. Best part is they don't have their main championship being held hostage for 30 odd title defences in 4 years.

TJ Wilson produced the Iyo vs Bayley match. He is by far the best in the world at what he does. From the women’s Royal Rumble to this match, he just knows how to put a match together so very well.

The new Finlay?

Really a fantastic show across the two nights. Only one real dud match for me in Jimmy vs Jey.
Excited for where they go from here and particularly excited for a Gunther push.

The people complaining about Samantha are extremely incorrect btw, she's ******* fantastic and they should hold onto her as long as they can.
The hype built when she announced Priest was cashing in was next level:

Can't get over how effing brutal his finisher is. That was just monstrous and full of adrenaline. Your never getting up from that. Love Priest and he deserves this title run.

Can't get over how effing brutal his finisher is. That was just monstrous and full of adrenaline. Your never getting up from that. Love Priest and he deserves this title run.

I'm a Priest fan too. Looking forward to this run and seeing what he can do in longer matches and main events.

As an aside, trending on Twitter is a crazy nickname for Priest. 'Bisexual Undertaker'!

When I heard Shield music, and saw the chair, I just about lost my s**t.
When Roman was faced with the choice, I almost couldn't believe it was happening. 10 years in the making.
Wonder what Moxley thought about the finish?

So. F*cking. GOOD!

200w.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not very often at all I get choked up, but that conclusion to the show had me…

Just what a phenomenal event. Absolutely wonderful. So fun to watch and so rewarding to be able to experience the end of one of the greatest reigns of all time, and the end of one of the greatest chases.

For those who pay close attention to the details in the story, it was even more rewarding to see how it played out and all the sense that it made.

I hope everyone received the enjoyment I did in watching.

Or perhaps there are some people out there who prefer Vince's booking compared to HHH's? Not a right or wrong view to take, but to dismiss them by saying that it is "as good as ever" is just petty and based on opinion rather than logical consistency.

Before anyone comes at me for this post, I literally could not care less about the booking from both. Just stating there are people out there who prefer the booking one way or another.

Thanks, Vince.

Edge gotta be sitting somewhere proud of himself. His 2 chosen ones are both World champions. Guy has the mind for the business thats for sure

I've never understood the grief online he got when he left. He stepped aside from the Judgement Day because the crowd loved him, and he left WWE because he wanted to work full time.

Should always be considered a WWE legend.

Great to see his finger prints on Mania do well.

I've never understood the grief online he got when he left. He stepped aside from the Judgement Day because the crowd loved him, and he left WWE because he wanted to work full time.

Should always be considered a WWE legend.

Great to see his finger prints on Mania do well.
Everyone wanted to see him retire in WWE is all that was. In any case I wanted him in AEW to fight Christian one last time so was happy to see him go myself . I suspect he may come back to WWE for one last match however

One aspect that I think was dumb/wrong was AEW not letting Dustin Rhodes go ringside with Cody to celebrate. Competition aside, you need to have some class and respect, not necessarily to WWE but to the 2 guys in the ring. Got zero respect for the business if you block that from happening on both sides (so if WWE blocked it its also a dud move but doubt it and think it was a TK thing)

cant add too much to what has already been said but two things that would've made it better:
  • Rather than taker appearing and looking like a geek in his hoodie, the glass breaks, and "stone cold, stone cold, stone cold !" the rock walks into a stunner.
  • An appearance from Dustin Rhodes at the end would've been the icing in the cake, I think hes signed with AEW but surely they could've worked something out.

Didn't need the love in with all 'should be' opponents in the ring after. Wouldn't those guys want the title in an individual sport...

He's not that big to warrant it either from a casual POV.

Still a really good event. I only watch the big ones but that was the best one I've watched in a long time. Too many commercials and sponsors but that's the way of the world

Could the MCG do this? Would they ever go that route? Saturday/Sunday mornings?

Didn't need the love in with all 'should be' opponents in the ring after. Wouldn't those guys want the title in an individual sport...

Still a really good event. I only watch the big ones but that was the best one I've watched in a long time. Too many commercials and sponsors but that's the way of the world

Could the MCG do this? Would they ever go that route? Saturday/Sunday mornings?

It’s as much a celebration of Cody as it is a celebration by the locker room of the ending of the evil Roman era.

Although not done often, its not the first time the end of a journey celebration has been done, in ring:
  • Mick Foley winning with first world title was a big in ring celebration
  • He who should not be named made HHH tab and celebrated with Eddie in ring
I read it as "the end of the story" not just Codys but the current direction of WWE. As a casual watcher have noticed the content / language skewing to a more "attitude style". Its the end of one era, and the start of another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back