WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero chance he leaves without facing The Rock in a match. Quite simply put he isnt that stupid. I think Reigns has a good 5 years left as a part timer so not even close to done yet

Extremely unlikely that he will ever face the Rock now. They have made that clear that if it were to happen anytime, it would have been at this WM.

Only time they were going to get that done was this year but plan was changed because of Cody fans. Apparently Rock was pushing to pin Roman (according to reports) which makes the SS match the same just with a different champ and challenger.

Reigns is basically done at this point. There is no story left for him and probably for the best as well. The fans don’t appreciate him so they can lose his talent now.

Think that happens right away. Then he will go away for a few months. Rock vs Cody can setup the rock Roman match next wm

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
It would be good and very beneficial for Cody to have Roman challenge within the next month or two. But I've also seen reports that Reigns will take significant time off after WMania (which I believe) so not expecting it.

He won’t be facing the Rock. They have made that clear that if it were to happen anytime, it would have been at this WM.

Only time they were going to get that done was this year but plan was changed because of Cody fans. Apparently Rock was going to pin Roman (according to reports) which makes the SS match the same just with a different champ and challenger.

Reigns is done. There is no story left for him and probably for the best as well. The fans don’t appreciate him so they can lose his talent now.
The Rock said story isn’t done yet. It’s the main reason he didn’t turn on Reigns tonight. He has time to tell it still

Reigns won’t go to Hollywood at all. A guy who hates the press isn’t going to Hollywood. He also has zero acting chops unlike Cena or Rock. He will WWE it up til he is 45 and drift off after that

Yep I think so too he's got nothing left to prove he's up there with the likes of Hogan,Buckland etc will go down as an all time great

Overrated

Just from my lifetime the people who held the belt who were better than Reigns:
Hogan, Savage, Undertaker, Flair, Hart, Michaels, Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Angle, Jericho, Lesnar, Edge, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Goldberg, Sting.

Then there are other legends from WCW like Dusty.

Longest reign doesn’t mean it was good.

The Rock said story isn’t done yet. It’s the main reason he didn’t turn on Reigns tonight. He has time to tell it still

Reigns won’t go to Hollywood at all. A guy who hates the press isn’t going to Hollywood. He also has zero acting chops unlike Cena or Rock. He will WWE it up til he is 45 and drift off after that

I think the story is not done for The Rock, but it is for Roman. There is no reason for him to turn on Reigns and it won’t actually happen with the type of contract Roman has. He can actually relax now and take months off without any pressure.

Roman’s contract expiry is coming up sometime in the next year as well. He is basically finished in my opinion. Seth and Becky still haven’t resigned and they have 2 months left on their contract last I read.

They have made that clear that if it were to happen anytime, it would have been at this WM.

Reigns is basically done at this point. There is no story left for him and probably for the best as well. The fans don’t appreciate him so they can lose his talent now.

When exactly did they make it clear that it could only happen at this year? I'm very much expecting Roman v Rock at WrestleMania next year, maybe sooner if they want to.

Also absolute nonsense to say there is no story left for Reigns and that fans haven't appreciated his talent. He's been the most popular and biggest drawing heel champion they've had since CM Punk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drew was champ for 4 minutes lols

Would love for Punk to fire back on the socials towards Drew like he has been doing to Punk the last few months.

Yeah, Drew nearly beat the Yokozuna WM record who was champ for 2 minutes. 🤣😂

Punk vs Drew is going to be epic. Damien probably likely going to drop the title to Gunther soon.

Overrated

Just from my lifetime the people who held the belt who were better than Reigns:
Hogan, Savage, Undertaker, Flair, Hart, Michaels, Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Angle, Jericho, Lesnar, Edge, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Goldberg, Sting.

Then there are other legends from WCW like Dusty.

Longest reign doesn’t mean it was good.

Gillberg had better charisma than Roman Bores

I came back to wrestling after a decade away because I loved the AEW style.

WWE are incredibly hot at the moment, but I found the Rumble unwatchable - it was all entrances and coloured lights. A lot of wrestling talent that I like, but I don't like how matches are shot and I don't like the over the top way it's commentated.

I feel like I'm constantly being sold something, and it has a real "nine raspberry drinks in at a child's birthday party" vibe.

I'll probably check out WrestleMania, but all of the discourse that has surrounded this week - with so much of the conversation being targeted shots at AEW instead of discussion of WrestleMania - has soured me on that product.

Got nothing better to do, so I've watched night 1 and sitting down to night 2 now.

Holy ******* s**t, what drivel. Over-produced. Over-directed. I'm not even sure the 72,000 people even realised there were matches on half the time. Most of the front rows didn't seem to get all that excited for most of the night through a good portion of the 'big' moments. Fanbois shouldn't go around accusing anyone of piping in crowd noise, IMO.

Main Event was a snore fest for most of it... what, 25min match with 25 minutes of extrapolation and entrances? Sadly Rocky ain't that electrifying anymore, and couldn't save it for me...

The ring announcer sucks balls too, fmd. She tries so hard...

A good reminder why I don't watch WWE all the same. But I'll give night 2 a shot and hope for the best. At least there's lots of pretty lights.

I think the story is not done for The Rock, but it is for Roman. There is no reason for him to turn on Reigns and it won’t actually happen with the type of contract Roman has. He can actually relax now and take months off without any pressure.

Roman’s contract expiry is coming up sometime in the next year as well. He is basically finished in my opinion. Seth and Becky still haven’t resigned and they have 2 months left on their contract last I read.
What are you on about ? The reason will be to decide who is head of the family. Story exists on its own legs. Will be a case of Roman turning on Rock for trying to take control etc and going from there

Roman is contracted past 2024. He resigned in 2022 . I don’t think he signed a a 6 month extension basically when he signed that. Will have 2025 as minimum but would expect its 5 years so til 2027

What are you on about ? The reason will be to decide who is head of the family. Story exists on its own legs. Will be a case of Roman turning on Rock for trying to take control etc and going from there

Roman is contracted past 2024. He resigned in 2022 . I don’t think he signed a a 6 month extension basically when he signed that. Will have 2025 as minimum but would expect its 5 years so til 2027

Head of the family? There is no need for that anymore. As I said, various sources have said that they think the plan is for Rock vs Cody at Summerslam. There is no reason for Roman to be involved in the storyline anymore. I think the loss faced today is more hurtful to his character than many think it is. I don’t see him returning but I guess we will see what happens. Personally hope we don’t get Roman vs Rock because the fans don’t deserve it at this point.

Last I read, Roman is contracted until next year (2025). That is a year away so I am not wrong about that at all.

Head of the family? There is no need for that anymore. As I said, various sources have said that they think the plan is for Rock vs Cody at Summerslam. There is no reason for Roman to be involved in the storyline anymore. I think the loss faced today is more hurtful to his character than many think it is. I don’t see him returning but I guess we will see what happens. Personally hope we don’t get Roman vs Rock because the fans don’t deserve it at this point.

Last I read, Roman is contracted until next year (2025). That is a year away so I am not wrong about that at all.
So he had his final match and won’t wrestle for another whole year even when under contract? Not making much sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back