Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been pushing the Kent Kingsley/Mason Cox Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne for a while now, and I'll be damned if you come in and steal my thunder on our day of reckoning.

Here's hoping Cox has 30 and 5 in a Melbourne win.
Blow your co-naming, Mason will be Lord of the Manor should he deliver tonight.

And forget you 30/5 I want 5/30.

I've been pushing the Kent Kingsley/Mason Cox Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne for a while now, and I'll be damned if you come in and steal my thunder on our day of reckoning.

Here's hoping Cox has 30 and 5 in a Melbourne win.
Well that sucks. We lost, and Cox reverted to his usual eight-possession self. Bad night all round

Jack Silvagni a chance this week? I smell a 20 and 3.

Jack Silvagni a chance this week? I smell a 20 and 3.
20 and 3 is a lock, although I think he may have finally pushed himself out of the Kingsley category this year.

Not to worry though, we have Owies, Martin, O'Brien, Setterfield, McGovern, Pittonet, Dow, Newnes and Cottrell (at least) to pick from this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have a heap of their best 22 out with injuries and Cripps out with suspension, I sense a collective Kingsley the likes of which we’ve never seen.
Throwback to the last time we lost to them (2016):
  • Dylan Buckley kicked three
  • Nick Graham had 20 and two
  • Matthew Wright had 20 and one
  • Dennis Armfield, Simon White, Liam Jones and Andrejs Everitt all had over 15
What a day

What a day
Dees came hard in the last Q but kicked 1 goal 6 behinds. Need to work on execution. Few learnings to be had there.

One effort that I feel gets overlooked in the Kingsley Society is Travis Cloke in Round 10 2015.

It's not that he was an out and out spud (although he was definitely on the downward trend at that point in his career) but rather he kicked 7 straight. 0 behinds. This from a guy who had a reputation of missing the easiest of set shots. He kicked 1.4 against Hawks a few weeks later.

What a day
Same season we lost to the Essendon top-ups side, classic dees!

Can we nominate Jake Melksham for the reverse Kingsley, the Brock McLean Cup?
He's a favourite on the Blues board atm.

Just wanted to say cracking thread this one! Good that supporters have a sense of humour and can be self-deprecating even after a flag.

For what it’s worth I’m dreading BBB kicking 4 straight this weekend in what would be our Kent Kingsley. Brown is no dud but looks short of a gallop. Mason Wood did his usual thing against us last Friday.

Not sure we have anyone in proper Kingsley areas who could do much - Lyons is in terrible form so if he turns up consider yourselves unlucky.

Can’t say i’m confident after the last match but reckon it’s a real coin toss game at the gabba. If we get done hope you can stop the cats going all the way!

Just wanted to say cracking thread this one! Good that supporters have a sense of humour and can be self-deprecating even after a flag.

For what it’s worth I’m dreading BBB kicking 4 straight this weekend in what would be our Kent Kingsley. Brown is no dud but looks short of a gallop. Mason Wood did his usual thing against us last Friday.

Not sure we have anyone in proper Kingsley areas who could do much - Lyons is in terrible form so if he turns up consider yourselves unlucky.

Can’t say i’m confident after the last match but reckon it’s a real coin toss game at the gabba. If we get done hope you can stop the cats going all the way!
Matheison 30 & 3

Ben Reid (Swans) says hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back