Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Not nearly enough likes on the version from our 2019 loss to the West Coast Eagles.
I think it was an issue with timing.

Slightly related to Melbourne random memories: I went on a like lurk of the early posts of Headless and came across a swear.

Might go back and report it

I reckon we got more media attention that week then when we won the flag. There was also some weird controversy because Bernie Vince said something mean about Toump on 360 and the whole thing springboarded a bullying debate.

We really owned 360 that week
This was so good. It was after Toump went to Port and some panelists asked Bernie how they could be sure we wouldn't bottle another game like we did against the Saints and Bernie laughed and said "because the person responsible isn't at the club anymore"

Was great.

This was so good. It was after Toump went to Port and some panelists asked Bernie how they could be sure we wouldn't bottle another game like we did against the Saints and Bernie laughed and said "because the person responsible isn't at the club anymore"

Was great.
That’s the one!

Bernie was a legend. I liked when he was interviewed in that stupid Country Round week and was asked what happened to make Higgins (? some North flog type) punch him in the guts and he said he couldn’t remember but was sure it was his fault

sometime in the mid-late 90s - melbourne freo game at the G. I was a young lad and it was pre stand renovation so the MCC was all those s**t metal pews, so all the kids just went down the front on the fence.

ball up right infront of us and spider burton wants the ball to be thrown up asap, starts moving players out the road and 5m from us is loudly saying '* off' over and over. i think he gave away a free as a result and we all cheered.

lives rent free in my mind 25 years later, no idea why.

Was at the Crawf & Hirdy function for the 2018 prelim. Crawf was in my ear saying if you can just kick a couple of goals you'll get a run on as we were stinking up the first half. We didn't. Actually a lovely bloke.

Was at the Crawf & Hirdy function for the 2018 prelim. Crawf was in my ear saying if you can just kick a couple of goals you'll get a run on as we were stinking up the first half. We didn't. Actually a lovely bloke.
Don't remember if he did but he should have won Australian of the year for what he did those 2 goes to Adelaide an Perth for breast cancer awareness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back