Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't the AFL ban this or some soft s**t aswell
I do remember from the broadcast security took some signs down at that game, as well as talking to a guy in a jacket covered with fake printed money.

It honestly feels like ages since a supporter group has turned up to have a go at one person or thing at a game

My bad, I had to click the 'show ignored content' button to see it.
Snl Youre Missing Out GIF by Saturday Night Live

All this talk about Jordan Clark, it's reminded me during a anzac day eve game, might have been the first one. We had a free in the goal square and someone came in and reversed it by dumping some one. Then Dom Tyson absolutely going off at who gave it away

All this talk about Jordan Clark, it's reminded me during a anzac day eve game, might have been the first one. We had a free in the goal square and someone came in and reversed it by dumping some one. Then Dom Tyson absolutely going off at who gave it away
I found it, time linked the moment. Turns out Tyson had a free and then vandenBerg gave it away

(I also remember that random supporter in this game that decided when it was apparent we'd won to take his shirt off and celebrate in the stands)

I found it, time linked the moment. Turns out Tyson had a free and then vandenBerg gave it away

(I also remember that random supporter in this game that decided when it was apparent we'd won to take his shirt off and celebrate in the stands)

Is that the game where Watts took a mark and Rance slapped him round the back of the head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgusting language picked up on the umps mic. I want channel 7 to apologise retrospectively for this. We cant have that filtering down to the lower levels.

remember when the ball stopped on the goal line vs carlton in 2019?

i think mitch hannan kicked it from the centre square and the ball just slowly rolled before stopping in what would’ve been the sealer

from memory carlton immediately went coast to coast and mcgovern hit the post to nearly win them the game

remember when the ball stopped on the goal line vs carlton in 2019?

i think mitch hannan kicked it from the centre square and the ball just slowly rolled before stopping in what would’ve been the sealer

from memory carlton immediately went coast to coast and mcgovern hit the post to nearly win them the game
I remember that, brayshaw was giving all his all to gut run to it and get a boot on it

Was right in front of me, would go to Carlton games with a mate and whoever's home game it was got the pick of seating. Mate they decided it would be right fun to sit with the Carlton cheersquad. We have not gone to the footy together since

I think from memory tmac got six goals or some haul of at least five before getting taken off due to an injury

Speaking of games against Carlton this Jetta play lives on forever in my head

Then time wasting to get Lewis the last kick after Blues fans spent all day booing him was just perfect

I think from memory tmac got six goals or some haul of at least five before getting taken off due to an injury
haha yeah i think you’re right, he was having a shocking season, kicked 6 before 3qt then got injured for the rest of the year.

iirc we only had 1 on the bench at the end of that game which is why carlton nearly overran us

Haven't read all 17 pages of the thread thus far but I have:

• Getting pissed off at quarter time v. Brisbane in 2002 when we were about 6 goals down and deciding to study instead. Thought i'd flick on the last 2 minutes just to see how much we got pumped by only to see we were 20 points up and I'd missed an awesome come back.
  • 2007 Queens Birthday, Chopper Carroll v. Anthony Rocca. Rocca gave away 6 frees that day and finished with 1 kick for the day and -8 in AFL Fantasy (must be a record low score surely). We won by 13 points, was Daniher's last win before getting the chop following a flogging from the Tigers.
  • The second time we played Geelong in 2008, it was extremely rare to get a live Friday night game in Perth (always on 3 hours delay at that point) but it was also the same night as the Olympics opening ceremony and 7 wanted to show both. I think we were scoreless at quarter time and lost by almost 120 points. Paul Johnson kicked a ridiculous goal which was completely forgotten as everyone had switched off by then. EDIT - already referenced on page 15...
  • 'The town of Kimba is partying tonight' (or something similar) from the 9 news promo for Corey Enright's 300th in 2015. Gawn coming in for his first game of the season and taking about 6 or 7 contested marks in the first half. And the Brayshaw intercept and bomb to Spencer who then converted. As the final siren went i saw my neighbour's dog out of the road and I then proceeded to chase him around half of the suburb before eventually losing him... EDIT - already referenced on page 5...
  • In 2016 we were a really slim chance to make finals after stringing together some good performances including beating Port away. We then proceeded to put in an abysmal showing against the Blues then fell apart at the Cattery, another almost 120 point flogging (a year after the game above too).
  • Losing to North in 2017 (like we always did) - kicking with the wind and less than a goal down at 3 quarter time but still managing to bottle it down in Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back