Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

I often think back to that Trengove sling tackle on Dangerfield. Not sure why, maybe just because of the AFLs crackdown.
Ah i remember going to high school the next day and everyone saying it was an unfair suspension for a fair tackle

Wouldn't be calling it a fair tackle now

I remember going to a heritage jumper game vs Geelong at the G on a miserable Friday night and we got absolutely spanked, Paul Johnson kicked a ripper goal in the last quarter to reduce the margin from like 120 points to 114 :$

I remember going to a heritage jumper game vs Geelong at the G on a miserable Friday night and we got absolutely spanked, Paul Johnson kicked a ripper goal in the last quarter to reduce the margin from like 120 points to 114 :$
Claim that as a victory to keep it under 20 goals.

2008 I reckon was the heritage year

Edit- yep

Screenshot_20240405_213646_Chrome.jpg

Goalkickers

Shane Valenti 2
Chris Johnson 1
Paul Johnson 1
Austin Wonaeamirri 1

😍

Goalkickers

Shane Valenti 2
Chris Johnson 1
Paul Johnson 1
Austin Wonaeamirri 1

😍
If you told me Shane Valenti was ever our leading goalscorer in a match I'd have said you lied to me you lying liar.

Somehow I forgot how s**t we were when we were actually tanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We came home hard in that last quarter. Scoring fest. I remember the only positive thing about the night was going to the Mahogany Room at Crown after the game for the first time ever as guests of a guy we knew who was a member.

Dont believe we tanked that game, we were just genuinely that s**t.
No not against 2008 Geelong they were also unreal but I think I just blanked in my mind 2008/09 tbh. Can't remember much outside the Richmond game when that s**t campaigner who's name I can't remember goaled after the siren and I cheered for it. Jordan some campaigner

No not against 2008 Geelong they were also unreal but I think I just blanked in my mind 2008/09 tbh. Can't remember much outside the Richmond game when that s**t campaigner who's name I can't remember goaled after the siren and I cheered for it. Jordan some campaigner
McMahon.

Lol remember how 50/50 that was in the AFL community aswell. Tough fair tackle.
You'd get 6 weeks now
Dangerfield played the next week as well which wouldn't happen as well. I think danger may have got BOG the next game as well.
My memory from that game, Simon Buckley getting a lucky break and found himself running towards an empty goal. On a horrible wet night and the dees goalless he decides to take a bounce. Still remember seeing the ball just splash in a puddle and it gave Geelong time to defend.

I remember Des Headland getting suspended and then it was overturned because the guy he belted made fun of his tattoo of his ill child. Then absolutely dominated against the dees the next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back