Player Watch #39: Koltyn Tholstrup – debuting against Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

So this week, we'll have five guys 21 or under playing (JVR, McVee, Howes, Windsor, Tholstrup). Six if one of Woewodin/Laurie is named/sub. Even better is that they're either quality, or show a lot of promise (Bowey is also a walk-up start when fit).

Good signs IMO, we're playing the kids and still performing at a high level. Only wish we'd done it sooner, but our list is in much better shape than teams like Collingwood at present.

Looking forward to seeing the young fella debut against the Lions at the G. Get around the perm.

Also confirming via Viney's pronunciation that it's "Tolstrup", with a silent H.

Still can't wait for whoever's calling for seven tomorrow to butcher it anyway

I love how Goody is finally trusting some kids and getting games into them while we still have some top end talent and winning games. Not sure what the lad has done to deserve a debut as what I've seen has been pretty ordinary so far, but hey, it adds excitement to the year and our kids have mostly stepped up when thrown in so far. Good luck young lad! I'll be there to see the first of hopefully many to come!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's coming in with Kozzy out because he can play that impact forward role. Probably tell him his one job on Thursday is to apply as much pressure as possible.
Get the impression he'll be absolutely frothing so hope he can get a big holding the ball

How has he looked in the VFL so far?
I didn’t watch much of the round 1 game against Box Hill but I did watch round 2 against Footscray.

Tholstrup played as a mid the entire game from what I could tell. Clean hands, decent pace, and he also hit some targets with flat kicks. Some errors too of course.

Stats from the two VFL games averaging 21 disposals and 6.5 tackles. Pretty decent numbers for a first year player.

He won’t be playing as a mid tonight. As other posters have pointed out he will probably be there as a forward for tackle pressure and hopefully create or kick a goal or two.

I didn’t watch much of the round 1 game against Box Hill but I did watch round 2 against Footscray.

Tholstrup played as a mid the entire game from what I could tell. Clean hands, decent pace, and he also hit some targets with flat kicks. Some errors too of course.

Stats from the two VFL games averaging 21 disposals and 6.5 tackles. Pretty decent numbers for a first year player.

He won’t be playing as a mid tonight. As other posters have pointed out he will probably be there as a forward for tackle pressure and hopefully create or kick a goal or two.
Any chance he gets any mid time at all? And is it a case of back to the 2s when Pickett returns?

Any chance he gets any mid time at all? And is it a case of back to the 2s when Pickett returns?
Likely to relegate Petracca to the bench.

I doubt he cracks midfield time, maybe a couple of centre bounces if the game is over in the last. Then back to the VFL for development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back