Game Day Round 5 vs. Brisbane @ MCG – 7:30 pm AEST (Tholstrup Debut)

Who chokes more on this occasion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1712754349293.png

1712754402719.png

The Kings of Adelaide return to the home of football this week to take on last year's grand finalists the 13th best side in the AFL this year, in what promises to be yet another spicy affair given the recent history between these two clubs (see Zorko, see lightning game, see Lever's dance moves, see Melksham's heroics).

The tit for tat nature of the rivarly continues to evolve, with both clubs striving for the record of who can make the most straight sets exits, and who can get up to the most mischief during the offseason.

Over the past 10 seasons, Melbourne has a tidy 9-4 record against Brisbane, though the Lions have proved a difficult matchup in recent times, especially since they play defence occasionally now.

It's a big game for both clubs, with the Dees needing to demonstrate some strong MCG performances over the next month to give their fans confidence, and the Lions needing to show some form against teams that have won more than once in their past 25 games of AFL football.

Oh, and also:

1712755954157.png

Seeing as it's at the G can't see how we don't embarrass ourselves. It's our speciality.

Atleast in games against Brisbane it's always pretty open
You predict a steaming turd, I’m going with a turd steaming.

Maybe we actually do sing it already, but nobody hears us!
I love the bit in our song where we all say "what do we sing?!" as quietly under our breath as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard it.
vKX7pyEYTiJKLLDSLDTk6XKx6r4=.gif

Yeah nah not putting us in, I'm taking Viney and trac for disposals before he's confirmed out now.
Viney always steps up when the claz misses
I like it.

Yeah them paying $2.80 is a bit crazy.
I have no idea if either team is good yet still

The lions have genuinely been pretty bad this year but I get what you mean. Would be a lot more comfortable with Kozzy out there, has a great record against the Lions. Going to need 7+ out of Petty/Fritsch/JVR tonight to win I think. Trac killed Starcevich last time playing forward, he might be needed down there too.

Back