Preview Changes/Preview – Round 5 vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come in peace etc.

What's the go with Oliver? Seemed to be struggling with the hand but i figure if he played last week he will play this week and probably be improved? Haven't seen any mention in injury reports etc.

Fair to say you are in infinitely better form than us. And better at handling controversy!

I can't see us getting all that close given form / venue.

We did win there in 2022 but Gawn was cooked and Petracca on one leg.

Strangely i think our loss last year was the best we played at the mcg - because we got a long way down then had 2 quarters of playing well and actually playing the ground well / using space. We did kick some goals from silly places though so maybe that was part of it.

I think your mids with Gawn will be very hard to handle. Neale has been by far our best mid this year and has a dodgy ankle. And May / Lever will be hard to overcome - can only see us kicking a decent score by lowering our eyes and getting the smalls involved, which we don’t seem to be doing this year.

Pickett out helps as he has troubled us. But so has Fritsch. Payne has also been down on form so his match-up could get away.

I think we will probably show something and maybe even get a good start again but bracing for a 4-5 goal loss.

What's the go with Oliver? Seemed to be struggling with the hand but i figure if he played last week he will play this week and probably be improved? Haven't seen any mention in injury reports etc.

Hand-string awareness :moustache:

Wonder if they're going to make Billings sub, don't think we are doing Woewodin any favours if we are making him sub 3 games in a row.
Billings named on-field. Sub will come from Windsor, Salem, Chandler, Brown and Woewodin, so nearly certain Woey is the sub again (unfortunately)

Is that still the case? Thought that convention didn't necessarily hold these days.
Still the case AFAIK. If it's not legislated anymore, clubs are still adhering to it.

Come in peace etc.

Fair to say you are in infinitely better form than us. And better at handling controversy!

I can't see us getting all that close given form / venue.

We did win there in 2022 but Gawn was cooked and Petracca on one leg.

Strangely i think our loss last year was the best we played at the mcg - because we got a long way down then had 2 quarters of playing well and actually playing the ground well / using space. We did kick some goals from silly places though so maybe that was part of it.

I think your mids with Gawn will be very hard to handle. Neale has been by far our best mid this year and has a dodgy ankle. And May / Lever will be hard to overcome - can only see us kicking a decent score by lowering our eyes and getting the smalls involved, which we don’t seem to be doing this year.

Pickett out helps as he has troubled us. But so has Fritsch. Payne has also been down on form so his match-up could get away.

I think we will probably show something and maybe even get a good start again but bracing for a 4-5 goal loss.
Nice try.

I think Brisbane will beat us comfortably. I'm not convinced at all about our form.

i don't think it matters too much if Woey is the sub again. he can still play VFL on Saturday if he doesn't get much of a run tomorrow and has only missed the one VFL game so far anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still the case AFAIK. If it's not legislated anymore, clubs are still adhering to it.
Pretty sure Headless is correct.

The sub can be chosen from any player in the 23 named this year.

I’d be disappointed if Woey got it a third time, and I also don’t like the idea of a debutant starting as the sub.

Hopefully it’s Billings, although his 1 very good game for us was on the MCG.

Pretty sure Headless is correct.

The sub can be chosen from any player in the 23 named this year.
Apparently Essendon did it with Tsatas earlier in the year, but that's the only time I've seen it so far.

So legislated – perhaps not, but in practice it seems to be the standard.

Nice try.

I think Brisbane will beat us comfortably. I'm not convinced at all about our form.
I think we're defending well and making the most of limited opportunities forward. May with busted ribs, Oliver with a busted hand, Brown and Tmac in the side, and a bunch of kids running around. Could be excused for thinking a bad performance is around the corner. Hoping we are primed to get through this week before the bye. So we'll see. Lions getting some confidence against Norf doesn't help, but it might work against them also as we are clearly tougher opposition. Like I've said before, Neale, Daniher and Andrews are key to them winning most games. Contain 2 of these 3 and we should win well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back