Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this about
Thostrup not at the captains run and likely being dropped.

Drop Brown instead and play him as a pressure forward and maybe our stupid forward structure might actually have a chance at producing something more than the oppo walking out of our defence.

Dropping him after the worst game to debut in ever where all the senior players lowered their colours sucks.

Drop Brown instead and play him as a pressure forward and maybe our stupid forward structure might actually have a chance at producing something more than the oppo walking out of our defence.

Dropping him after the worst game to debut in ever where all the senior players lowered their colours sucks.
I agree with dropping brown obviously, but if we're gonna be stupid and play 3 talls like we always do it does make sense for him to go out. There's no other small except maybe Billings to go out for him

I agree with dropping brown obviously, but if we're gonna be stupid and play 3 talls like we always do it does make sense for him to go out. There's no other small except maybe Billings to go out for him
Tbh I don't really see the point in an argument that begins with the premise of us having to play the most cooked forward in the worst forward structure in the league.

if Brown plays over him agree it's ridiculous, but I don't mind the idea of giving the kid 1 game to get a taste, then back to the VFL to work on his game- there's plenty to worth with, but he's still a little way off IMO.

Tbh I don't really see the point in an argument that begins with the premise of us having to play the most cooked forward in the worst forward structure in the league.
Yeah but to be fair I'd fire Brown on the spot and make him clean his locker out on AFL 360 for content

Yeah but to be fair I'd fire Brown on the spot and make him clean his locker out on AFL 360 for content
Brown should only be in the side if Petty/JVR are injured and we are playing a bottom 4 side. He looks okay when we can move the ball, but we are only capable of doing that against the very worst sides.

if Brown plays over him agree it's ridiculous, but I don't mind the idea of giving the kid 1 game to get a taste, then back to the VFL to work on his game- there's plenty to worth with, but he's still a little way off IMO.
Personally believe that unless they have a Petty level debut they should get at least two or three games to get used to the pace of the AFL and build their confidence a bit. Don't know that Tholstrup gets much out of playing in a game where the team got smashed, he got no help from the senior players and is immediately dropped.

Personally believe that unless they have a Petty level debut they should get at least two or three games to get used to the pace of the AFL and build their confidence a bit. Don't know that Tholstrup gets much out of playing in a game where the team got smashed, he got no help from the senior players and is immediately dropped.
Id agree with you normally but he only came in off a suspension to Pickett not necessarily because he'd earned it.

Brown should only be in the side if Petty/JVR are injured and we are playing a bottom 4 side. He looks okay when we can move the ball, but we are only capable of doing that against the very worst sides.
Honestly what's even the point of that? Play McAdam at full forward, give flakey Jeffo a go. He's value would be taking a mark 30 out with 40 seconds left you'd trust him to kick it. He's a witches hat until that moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the expectation would have been clear that he was coming in for Kozzy so a 1 game stint was likely. I wouldn't be against him keeping his spot but I don't think we're treating him harshly or cooking his development by sending him back.

I think the expectation would have been clear that he was coming in for Kozzy so a 1 game stint was likely. I wouldn't be against him keeping his spot but I don't think we're treating him harshly or cooking his development by sending him back.
I mentioned it in the other thread but to me he looked like a lot like Trac in his first game. Desperate to impress and just not quite in tune with the pace of the game. Think if he played this week he'd be a lot more settled and it wouldn't hurt to play in front of a big crowd either.

I mentioned it in the other thread but to me he looked like a lot like Trac in his first game. Desperate to impress and just not quite in tune with the pace of the game. Think if he played this week he'd be a lot more settled and it wouldn't hurt to play in front of a big crowd either.
Yeah but leggy we all agree 🫏 should be dropped but he won't so who would you drop instead?

Fair point. Feel free to laugh at my melt if that's the case.

Nah I get where you're coming from, although I probably wouldn't go as hard about it. With Kozzy back I'd personally prefer giving Kolt another game and dropping Woewodin or Billings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back