Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarry will 100% play I’d say. He lost all confidence with that busted finger. Hopefully the op has fixed that. But he’s been physically cleared so they’ll pick him going on the fact they picked him earlier. For me pick him if he can get that clean possessing of the footy again. Who else are you picking ahead of him? If he’s output will match last couple of game yeah rest him further.
It's frustrating that the selection committee don't seem to learn the lessons of past mistakes.

I get that there's this desire to back in your champion players, but how many times now have they played Gawn when he's badly hampered/ill, and Petracca when he had a break in his leg, and now Oliver with a busted finger (and I guess May in the GF is another example that didn't hurt in the end). It killed the team in the 2022 finals series.

I can kind of understand it more for finals, but for round 4 and 5 games why on earth are they playing a guy who cannot handle the ball due to a bone break (Oliver) when that player's elite attribute requires handling the ball?

Surely they can tell at training during the week and last minute fitness tests that the player is severely hampered?

If Oliver is physically sound again post surgery and proves it at training then fine, but again, why play him in rounds 4 and 5 when he can't have been fine at training given what he did out on the ground in the real stuff?

He needs a 6 week preseason to get some fitness. He's not covering the ground and having minimal impact at stoppages because he's out of air. Was always the risk. Play Viney as the chief under the pack ball winner, move Hore back and play Riv midfield until Clarry can find some fitness(if he can). Just for the love of God don't bring in Laurie

I know it won't happen this week but I'd like to see Will Verrall rewarded for his consistent form at VFL level.

At junior level he was known to play up forward and play that role really well. Surely he can't be any worse then what Ben Brown has dished up and at least then it gives JVR the chance ro focus purely on being a forward full time.

I know it won't happen this week but I'd like to see Will Verrall rewarded for his consistent form at VFL level.

At junior level he was known to play up forward and play that role really well. Surely he can't be any worse then what Ben Brown has dished up and at least then it gives JVR the chance ro focus purely on being a forward full time.
I still think he's a bit off a debut, but I'm having more confidence in him that if Gawn went down, he'd be able to not completely s* the bed for us. He's building nicely though. Not sure about his forward credentials. Even though he's useless, I'm guessing the club would play Fullerton ahead of Verrall atm.

I still think he's a bit off a debut, but I'm having more confidence in him that if Gawn went down, he'd be able to not completely s* the bed for us. He's building nicely though. Not sure about his forward credentials. Even though he's useless, I'm guessing the club would play Fullerton ahead of Verrall atm.
Unfortunately I think so too.

* I’m so ‘opposite of pumped up’ for this clash. That Brisbane loss was so deflating, not so sure it was one off either

I was totally on us after the two wins in SA, but now, nah, probably still win though.

Not sure where the news/rumour originally came from, but the newsbreak on SEN this morning said Hore is firming as the Salem replacement for tomorrow.

Going by the VFL report and Brown being in rehab all week again; reckon Fullerton might also be a chance to debut for us.

Not sure where the news/rumour originally came from, but the newsbreak on SEN this morning said Hore is firming as the Salem replacement for tomorrow.

Going by the VFL report and Brown being in rehab all week again; reckon Fullerton might also be a chance to debut for us.

Happy with Hore coming in, means (hopefully) Riv plays more mid.

Would prefer Koz in for Brown and going smaller up forward but if it's to be Fullarton, I'm intrigued to see how he goes and at least he's more mobile than BB.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's frustrating that the selection committee don't seem to learn the lessons of past mistakes.

I get that there's this desire to back in your champion players, but how many times now have they played Gawn when he's badly hampered/ill, and Petracca when he had a break in his leg, and now Oliver with a busted finger (and I guess May in the GF is another example that didn't hurt in the end). It killed the team in the 2022 finals series.

I can kind of understand it more for finals, but for round 4 and 5 games why on earth are they playing a guy who cannot handle the ball due to a bone break (Oliver) when that player's elite attribute requires handling the ball?

Surely they can tell at training during the week and last minute fitness tests that the player is severely hampered?

If Oliver is physically sound again post surgery and proves it at training then fine, but again, why play him in rounds 4 and 5 when he can't have been fine at training given what he did out on the ground in the real stuff?
His lack of trying or whatever is going on with him from an effort stand point is way more of a concern to me than his finger. You'd hope its just fitness but he has looked totally disinterested, looks like a guy considering if he should bother playing anymore right now honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His lack of trying or whatever is going on with him from an effort stand point is way more of a concern to me than his finger. You'd hope its just fitness but he has looked totally disinterested, looks like a guy considering if he should bother playing anymore right now honestly.
Yeah Steven may can play through a torn hamstring and *en broken spine but apparently Oliver completely falls apart with a torn cuticle. Come on

Remember how many 90mm Holman PVC stormwater slip couplings we bought from Bunnings that evening, 'kent? :love:
Mate, how could I forget. By the end of the night I didn't know where the couplings started and the elbow joints ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back