Preview Preview/changes v. Adelaide - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Spargos been best 22 alot. Plays for free kicks as much as anyone
Is he still doing that? I thought he might learn his lesson after the Essendon match last year.

Maybe he has. I don’t feel as though I’ve seen too much of him.

Is he still doing that? I thought he might learn his lesson after the Essendon match last year.

Maybe he has. I don’t feel as though I’ve seen too much of him.
I don't think he's doing much nowadays tbh. Hopefully his time has passed.

Really excited for McAdam, I don’t think he will be a star but I think he will offer a different set of skills to our F50 and make matchups hard for oppo teams. Having another non tall marking threat means Fritta gets less attention.
Yeah he's the type of bloke who could do nothing and then kick 4 in a game or 2 in a quarter to break open a game. Hopefully they're conservative and don't rush him back

The only other charge from Saturday's games was Melbourne defender Trent Rivers copping a fine for a sling tackle on Port Adelaide's Connor Rozee. Rivers has been fined $3750, which can be reduced to $2500 with an early plea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's the type of bloke who could do nothing and then kick 4 in a game or 2 in a quarter to break open a game. Hopefully they're conservative and don't rush him back

I do wonder if Petty going forward will help JVR too. Pettys grunt work as a forward is really good as is his defensive work for a tall, would mean JVR doesn’t have to do as much.

I do wonder if Petty going forward will help JVR too. Pettys grunt work as a forward is really good as is his defensive work for a tall, would mean JVR doesn’t have to do as much.
Only if Petty plays second ruck. JVRs problem is he's being asked to learn 2 roles at once

So you think JVR's current form deserves a spot in the senior side?

If any other KPF performed like that you would be baying for blood.

Who knew playing the guy the club targetted to come in and pinch hit in the ruck would be such a controversial idea?!
JVR was pretty poor against Port. No doubt. But he's playing a role he's still new to, and tbh shouldn't be playing.

But, I thought he played an underrated game against Hawks, kicked 3 against Dogs and wasn't our worst against Swans. Gotta back him in. Not against giving him a rest post bye sometime, but he's the future and gotta get games into him. He's good at giving a contest as well which Fritta and Brown aren't.

Did like tmac giving it to Rozee after he threw himself forward in the rivers tackle too.
I think Rozee didn't brace against the tackle because he had heard the whistle and wasn't expecting Rivers to continue with the tackle. As a result there was no force countering the force Rivers was exerting resulting in Rozee being slung. s**t Rivers is copping a fine, not sure what the point of the fine is as there's nothing Rivers can do differently anyway.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah to me it did look like that, Rozee had anticipated play had stopped and relaxed but Rivers playing in the moment doesn't hear or register the whistle. It's pretty quick and he's already running full tilt to commit to tackling whoever gets the ball

Tmac giving it was pretty good though. But as i said, i really enjoyed Lever pulling him and the rest of the defensive group aside

Anyways a fine is s**t, but take it over a suspension. Back to the first point, I think that if it was in continuous play he might not be fined at all and it's just a dangerous tackle. Or Rozee braces better and it doesn't end up being a slung

Chandler apparently didn’t train and in doubt according to DL. Trac and May didn’t look 100% either (But did participate in training).

Sounded like a very light session, which is not surprising given the short turnaround.

Chandler is definitely a watch, but the same poster all said Trac looks iffy, TMac too, Brown as well, and McAdams is set to debut. Not sure how accurate I would class any/all of it.

Wednesday is the main session, so that's when we'll know. Could be Kolt watch this week!

If he is fit, I think McDonald would be a good matchup for Tex. We should give May's ribs a bit longer. Cracking an unhealed rib again is not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back