Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who comes in for salem? i feel hore will make the backline too tall, and richmond have a tiny forward line

I feel Turner would at least be better below his knees than Brown. That being said a Giraffe on stilts would be better below their knees than Brown.

To be fair, in this case the knees would be so high in the air that "below the knees" basically encompasses everything from the ground to a metre above Gawn's head.

To be fair, in this case the knees would be so high in the air that "below the knees" basically encompasses everything from the ground to a metre above Gawn's head.
Actually if you've ever seen a giraffe drinking water it's a pretty good metaphor for Brown attempting a ground ball get.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
That’d be bizarre
Meh, id be fine with it, at the very least you know he will put some pressure on for a guy with some height with the added bonus that hes competitive, doesnt play like a soy boy like Schache and Fullarton.

Actually if you've ever seen a giraffe drinking water it's a pretty good metaphor for Brown attempting a ground ball get.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Get the bloody thing a straw ffs

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24
Richmond v Melbourne at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST

RICHMOND

In: D.Grimes, S.Naismith, J.Hopper, S.Banks
Out: T.Sonsie (omitted), K.McAuliffe (omitted), J.Short (calf), J.Koschitzke (omitted)

R5 sub: Tyler Sonsie

MELBOURNE

In: K.Pickett, B.Laurie, D.Turner
Out: K.Tholstrup (omitted), C.Salem (hamstring), B.Brown (omitted)

R5 sub: Taj Woewodin

Save us, Disco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24

RICHMOND

Out: T.Sonsie (omitted), K.McAuliffe (omitted), J.Short (calf), J.Koschitzke (omitted)

MELBOURNE

Save us, Disco
Disco over Hore? Not sure on that. But we do need to get games into Disco. Maybe we're playing him forward?

Laurie selection annoys me

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24

RICHMOND

MELBOURNE

Save us, Disco
So Disco for Brown is strange.

Taj to play half back and Laurie to sub I guess?

Disco over Hore? Not sure on that. But we do need to get games into Disco. Maybe we're playing him forward?

Laurie selection annoys me
Disco will almost certainly play forward. May/Lever/McDonald/Turner would be way too tall against a forward line with no recognised KPFs (Naismith will be the only one, but he's a ruck anyway).

Laurie is very meh, but gotta reward form I guess.

Turner selection is crap, because it means JVR still has to 2nd ruck but we have 3 talls forward when Gawn rucks. At least Fullarton would have kept JVR up forward.

If Turner plays back it’ll be weird as well, would be four tall defenders against a VERY short forwardline.

Feels like we want Turner to play the Joel Smith role.
Where he gets caught with drugs in his system on gameday? Excellent!

I confess I grew to like the bad boy image we gained in the offseason. Made a nice, well-balanced counterpoint to Gus and Gawny being nice, likeable guys for however long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back