Preview Preview/changes v. Adelaide - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Smith's final against the Blues will be talked about in the same way as Weid's final against the Cats: irrelevant in the context of a disappointing career
This is a sensational comparison

Brown was the best of our s**t key forwards but I'd drop him for May if he's fit. That forward set up did not work at all well
So drop him and move Petty or Tmac forward?

Tbf after the win last night, would be smartest to keep may on ice for another week

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Yes, he is mid-sized.

"Joel Smith stood up when the Dees needed him". Uh huh. Incredible leadership from a guy getting on the bags days before a final, brilliant stuff :$

And no, he shouldn't have been playing in front of those two for years. He's played a handful of games where he's looked AFL-standard, and until late last year, the times where he had played forward he'd looked completely lost at sea.

Should've known you'd turn on JVR nice and quick though. Shitting on good young players while losing your mind over fringe plodders like Sparrow and Joel Smith is your literal DNA.
if Joel Smith is mid-sized, so is JVR.

And now you're deflecting from on field performance and referring to off field decisions. That's now what we're talking about here. You know this.

You always take the extreme and can't comprehend what I'm saying. Did I say we should drop JVR? No. Did I hang it on Windsor? Nope, you made that up too. I just said that having 4 kicks and 8 handballs doesn't put someone in the top 15 players on the ground. Stop taking what I'm saying and and twisting it into the extreme.

Sparrow is miles ahead of JVR right now. And miles ahead of Windsor. As expected considering Windsor is young.

So you hang it on Sparrow and call him a plodder despite him being 2nd best on ground last week? Let me guess you were an ANB hater back in the day?

if Joel Smith is mid-sized, so is JVR.

And now you're deflecting from on field performance and referring to off field decisions. That's now what we're talking about here. You know this.

You always take the extreme and can't comprehend what I'm saying. Did I say we should drop JVR? No. Did I hang it on Windsor? Nope, you made that up too. I just said that having 4 kicks and 8 handballs doesn't put someone in the top 15 players on the ground. Stop taking what I'm saying and and twisting it into the extreme.

Sparrow is miles ahead of JVR right now. And miles ahead of Windsor. As expected considering Windsor is young.

So you hang it on Sparrow and call him a plodder despite him being 2nd best on ground last week? Let me guess you were an ANB hater back in the day?
- Height ≠ strength + weight. Which is fairly obvious to most, except you, who seems to have a weird height fetish.

- "Did I hang it on Windsor?" he says after literally making the Windsor thread nearly unreadable with the constant whining about and putting down of an 18-year-old.

- Sparrow is not "miles ahead" of either of them. He's a midfielder averaging 14 possessions a game in his sixth season. Sensational.

- "Sparrow was second best on ground last week". Football analysis isn't your thing, Dan:

1000008365.jpg
1000008367.jpg
I have tried so, so many times to have reasonable discussions and debates with you, but you are determined to play the contrarian no matter what. And when there's irrefutable evidence that you're wrong, as is often the case, you shift the goalposts and then quietly move on to your newest pairing of golden boys and whipping boys. It's exhausting, man.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much from somebody who went onto the MB last night to gloat that Melbourne were "missing Luke Jackson" from our 23.

- Height ≠ strength + weight. Which is fairly obvious to most, except you, who seems to have a weird height fetish.

- "Did I hang it on Windsor?" he says after literally making the Windsor thread nearly unreadable with the constant whining about and putting down of an 18-year-old.

- Sparrow is not "miles ahead" of either of them. He's a midfielder averaging 14 possessions a game in his sixth season. Sensational.

- "Sparrow was second best on ground last week". Football analysis isn't your thing, Dan:

View attachment 1945514
View attachment 1945516
I have tried so, so many times to have reasonable discussions and debates with you, but you are determined to play the contrarian no matter what. And when there's irrefutable evidence that you're wrong, as is often the case, you shift the goalposts and then quietly move on to your newest pairing of golden boys and whipping boys. It's exhausting, man.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much from somebody who went onto the MB last night to gloat that Melbourne we're "missing Luke Jackson".
so now you decide to use coaches votes yet give Windsor votes for having 12 possessions (4 kicks). Seems like you're changing the goal posts.

Sparrow is a pressure guy. He runs both ways. He's competitive and does the one percenters but you're contradicting yourself by saying I hang it on JVR and Windsor (when I dont) yet you hanging it on Joel Smith and Sparrow and call the plodders. Pot and kettle stuff right there. I've never called Windsor a scrub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JVR wasn't great but I'm prepared to give him a chance a bit like I was prepared with Sparrow a few weeks ago. JVR competed at least and is our best back up ruckman ATM.

If May is okay then I guess Hore probably comes out. Billings wasn't great but was pretty good the previous two weeks. I am also prepared to keep him.

7bEynkknR86N1jGnYSwqE2VLMETKe8xXVtrU7TlveD8C4LSt1NSPGbMcLuw_wSrT550R_C5U

Aren’t we meant to be on the same team here?
Some of these threads are getting pretty cray cray. And after 3 wins on the trot.
Welcome to the Melbourne board, friend.

Did like tmac giving it to Rozee after he threw himself forward in the rivers tackle too.
Players are so dumb.

It’s going to be an extra layer of complexity when we get CTE class actions featuring players hitting their heads on the turf while flopping, or pile-driving their head into an opponent to get the free.

Players are so dumb.

It’s going to be an extra layer of complexity when we get CTE class actions featuring players hitting their heads on the turf while flopping, or pile-driving their head into an opponent to get the free.

Yeah I can’t believe how dumb they are (Well I can, but it still shocks me a bit). Also the amount of players trying to draw in the back frees when tackled is so frustrating. I do take a small amount of pride that aside from Koz our boys generally play to the whistle and don’t waste time trying to draw free kicks.

Yeah I can’t believe how dumb they are (Well I can, but it still shocks me a bit). Also the amount of players trying to draw in the back frees when tackled is so frustrating. I do take a small amount of pride that aside from Koz our boys generally play to the whistle and don’t waste time trying to draw free kicks.
Cough Spargo cough.
Ben Brown also is always flapping for a freebie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back