Preview Preview/changes v. Adelaide - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

So you want to bring a guy in that is more weaker and soft in the ruck contests then Josh Schache for a 20 year key forward who hasn't even played 30 games of AFL but actually isn't afraid to crash packs and draws a good defender.

Okay mate lol.

Go watch the full replay of Casey's game yesterday and Fullarton got absolutely smashed in the ruck by a first year player in Lachlan Smith from the Doggies.

So you think JVR's current form deserves a spot in the senior side?

If any other KPF performed like that you would be baying for blood.

Who knew playing the guy the club targetted to come in and pinch hit in the ruck would be such a controversial idea?!

Guaranteed he's never seen a single second of Fullerton play but wants him picked.

You have watched just as many games as me, champ.

Gifting JVR games when he has been absolute rubbish is detrimental to his development. He needs to find some form at VFL, he is way off the pace at the moment.

I don't buy this whole 'playing BBB and Fritsch' is bad for JVR's game. I just don't think he is very good right now and needs more seasoning. He'd still be second banana to Joel Smith if he was able to play.

He'd still be second banana to Joel Smith if he was able to play.
Could see your argument for a second there, but you absolutely lost me here lol

So you think JVR's current form deserves a spot in the senior side?

If any other KPF performed like that you would be baying for blood.

Who knew playing the guy the club targetted to come in and pinch hit in the ruck would be such a controversial idea?!
No one at Casey comes remotely close to overtaking JVR.

He's form is fine. He competes well and is far more physical then what Fullarton dished up yesterday. Fullarton is crud.

He's a 3rd year key forward who's still developing and has a slight dip in form.. shock bloody horror.

Guaranteed he's never seen a single second of Fullerton play but wants him picked.
Was also shitting on the trade all off season. I reckon he wants Fullarton picked just to have a crack at Tim Lamb some more, which I can respect.

JVR just needs to reset. I'd say he copped some words last night to get out of wrestles and lead and launch at the ball. He's got the blueprint, just needs to carry over what he did late into next week. I'd back him in for another week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JVR is going fine.

He launched at the ball last night and brought it to ground and let our smalls go to work a number of times. He's young and playing a super tough position on the ground getting thrown into the ruck against bigger more senior blokes than him.

He was really good in the middle last week too. He's not kicking bags but he doesn't really have to.

Just persist as Fullarton is building back from injury anyway.

Why? Joel Smith kicked 3 goals in our cut throat final versus Carlton. Would've been 4 if Kozzie didn't reverse a free kick 20m out. He stood up when no-one else was.

His last two games were very good!
He played two solid games, congrats. JVR kicked 28 goals in his first season, the idea that he'd be playing second fiddle to a mid-sized, career fringe player who has kicked 12 goals in eight years on the list is fanciful.

You got me confused with someone else, buddy.
I mean, he's not wrong:

We still have not been linked to any players who will be an obvious best-22 player next year. Tim Lamb is giving us another master class in list management:

Out: Hibberd, Grundy, Jordon, Dunstan (possibly Harmes)
In: McAdam and Fullarton

Sounds like he already had buyer's remorse after committing to Fullarton!

If the shoe was on the other foot:
  1. Goldstein will outplay Fullarton every day of the week.

I am not saying that Goldstein, Duursma and Gresham are world beaters. But they are leagues better than Fullarton and McAdam.

Fullarton and McAdam will look good in a Casey kit next year.

Upforward is just as grim. Fullarton and Schache are no-hopers.

He played two solid games, congrats. JVR kicked 28 goals in his first season, the idea that he'd be playing second fiddle to a mid-sized, career fringe player who has kicked 12 goals in eight years on the list is fanciful.

Struggles to hit the scoreboard in close or losing games. Downhill skier.

I think he as scope to develop into a good player but gifting games where his form doesn't warrant it is detrimental to development. I don't see why standards should be lowered to accommodate him.

Mid-sized. JVR is 2cm taller lol. So I dont think either of them is first fiddle tbh. Both are 2nd or 3rd talls. but what a player has done in their careers up to a certain point is irrelevant. Joel Smith stood up when the dees needed him, JVR didn't. if anything he let us down with his low IQ elbow to the head and got himself rubbed out.

The fact that Joel Smith was fringe is because of Goodwin. He should've been playing regularly before Ben Brown and TMac for years. His injuries also played a part.

I'll take 3 goals (should've been 4 if not for the reversal) in a clutch final in front of 95k people over someone kicking 28 goals in 20 games but being disappointing in the first final, including getting reported.

I think he as scope to develop into a good player but gifting games where his form doesn't warrant it is detrimental to development. I don't see why standards should be lowered to accommodate him.
Sure, but there's no competition for his spot. No one has actively put their hand up to challenge it

Sometimes you just play young talls through their growing pains, especially when the alternatives are basically non-existent.

Sure, but there's no competition for his spot. No one has actively put their hand up to challenge it

You don't have to replace him with a tall forward. I mean, it's not like we mark it in our F50 arc anyway.

And even if we did lower the eyes to hit up targets, JVR would probably spoil it anyway.

Joel wasn't taking games of Brown and Tmac up until last year because he wasn't training as a forward. The fringe point is correct because Joel fitted nowhere in our stacked backline. He only got a game late in 2021 because of injuries

Also the dees needed Joel to stand up and not be a *******

Mid-sized. JVR is 2cm taller lol. So I dont think either of them is first fiddle tbh. Both are 2nd or 3rd talls. but what a player has done in their careers up to a certain point is irrelevant. Joel Smith stood up when the dees needed him, JVR didn't. if anything he let us down with his low IQ elbow to the head and got himself rubbed out.

The fact that Joel Smith was fringe is because of Goodwin. He should've been playing regularly before Ben Brown and TMac for years. His injuries also played a part.

I'll take 3 goals (should've been 4 if not for the reversal) in a clutch final in front of 95k people over someone kicking 28 goals in 20 games but being disappointing in the first final, including getting reported.
Yes, he is mid-sized.

"Joel Smith stood up when the Dees needed him". Uh huh. Incredible leadership from a guy getting on the bags days before a final, brilliant stuff :$

And no, he shouldn't have been playing in front of those two for years. He's played a handful of games where he's looked AFL-standard, and until late last year, the times where he had played forward he'd looked completely lost at sea.

Should've known you'd turn on JVR nice and quick though. Shitting on good young players while losing your mind over fringe plodders like Sparrow and Joel Smith is your literal DNA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back