Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In amongst the calls to sack the entire team/coaching staff and fold the club, I'll admit I forgot we had a game on next week.

Our form isn't really strong enough to rest players at this stage, and it's another 10 day break.

I'd take out one of the KPFs and park Trac forward with some more space to operate. Billings can go too – can't win a contest, which is fine if he was damaging the opposition with his ball use, but that's not happening either.

Woey deserves a full game, and I'd bring one of Laurie, Tholstrup or even Hunter in to cover an extra mid rotation (presuming McAdam won't be ready). AMW and Sestan fairly close by all accounts, too.

HF: Chandler JVR/Petty ANB/Hunter/Tholstrup/Sestan
FF: Pickett Petracca Frtisch

im horny GIF

Goody: "Turner out for Brown, Billings out for Laurie please. Also, I cant wait to rush back Salo for someone as soon as Selwyn gives me the green light"

HF: Oliver Brown ANB
FF: JVR Petty Fritsch

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Billings - Out

Have Bowey move up the ground and take his role.

Woey Jr into the side to cover for Bowey.

Give Riv more midfield minutes if Trac is going to play majority forward. He runs both ways, breaks lines and plays with dare; something we don't have in our current midfield mix.

Surely McAdam comes in if he gets a full game under his belt at Casey this week.
Has still only played 3.5 quarters or so in the VFL. I'd almost hope they give him an extra week in the VFL so that they don't have an excuse to throw Trac straight back into the middle.

That being said, perhaps we could even drop two KPFs once McAdam is ready. One of JVR/Petty, Petracca, Fritsch and McAdam is enough marking power against most teams.

Will never happen though. Fully expect Brown to come in for Turner over the next week or two.

Billings - Out

Have Bowey move up the ground and take his role.

Woey Jr into the side to cover for Bowey.

Give Riv more midfield minutes if Trac is going to play majority forward. He runs both ways, breaks lines and plays with dare; something we don't have in our current midfield mix.
Agree with the Rivers call. Makes too much sense if Trac is forward.

Team looks so much more balanced if we run Riv and Koz through there more. Bewildering that he hasn't attended any CBAs since the Brisbane match, despite offering plenty when they gave him the chance in the second half of that game.

That being said, perhaps we could even drop two KPFs once McAdam is ready. One of JVR/Petty, Petracca, Fritsch and McAdam is enough marking power against most teams.

Will never happen though. Fully expect Brown to come in for Turner over the next week or two.
Petracca and ANB should just swap their roles. McAdam should come in for one of the talls.

OUT:
Gawn (perfect time to rest him), Billings, Turner

IN: Verrall, Sestan, Fullerton

OUT: Gawn (perfect time to rest him), Billings, Turner

IN: Verrall, Sestan, Fullerton
You want us to get even taller and less mobile?

Not an attack, just curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want us to get even taller and less mobile?

Not an attack, just curious.

2 talls out, 2 talls in... Gawn 208cm, Turner 195cm - (403 total) Verrall 199cm, Fullerton 200cm (399 total). Is that taller?

Fullerton in means Petty and JVR can stay forward and work on their cohesion there. Neither would have to ruck for a change.

2 talls out, 2 talls in...

Fullerton in means Petty and JVR can stay forward and work on their cohesion there. Neither would have to ruck for a change.
Somewhat, however Turner is a hell of a lot more mobile than Fullarton.

Fullarton, Petty, JVR, Petracca and Fritsch as marking options feels like overkill.

Somewhat, however Turner is a hell of a lot more mobile than Fullarton.

Fullarton, Petty, JVR, Petracca and Fritsch as marking options feels like overkill.

It's no different in amount of talls. And actually makes us 4cm shorter if you look at the totals.

Not against leaving Turner in, I love him, but he's been rank the last 2 weeks and I think we've settled on Petty and JVR so it gives them more opportunity to work out their spacing in the forward line if neither have to ruck IMO.

IN: Roy George

Did you say boy ... or did you say Roy? (One for the older readers!)

Forget about McAdam in the short term. He won't get a run in the AFL until he's had at least one full match in the VFL.

Billings is certainly proving divisive among posters. Some think he did well v Carlton, others the opposite. For me, he has been quite a disappointment. I'm no fan of Hunter, but if he's fit he may be a better fit.

Laurie doesn't appear to be AFL standard, but I guess he'll get the occasional game due to injuries to others.

Woewodin should (obviously) come into the 22.

I don't know enough about AMW, Brown or Sestin to have any real opinion on them.

Others have suggested dropping Turner. I think he should be retained to play a defensive role on McGovern or Barass.

My 2c.

Out: Billings, Turner, Petty (bar last week has been ordinary and I still don't think he's a forward).

In: McAdam, Woey, Laurie (sub)

Go for a much smaller forward line, play Trac there most of the game. Force the mids to lower their eyes and lock it in when it hits the ground. Play JVR at CHF, he looked good roaming up a bit, gets him into the game and builds confidence.

In the midfield run Rivers and ANB more. I actually felt the midfield looked the best when it was Sparrow (yes Sparrow), ANB, and Oliver in there. I'd try and avoid having Viney and Oliver together at too many centre bounces (no idea where you hide them mind you, that's the trouble with having 400 inside mids).

Backline doesn't need any tinkering. They are rock solid. Just need more support from the mids to stop teams running it out of the centre so easily.

I don't think we'll lose this right? WC look a little more organised, but still a developing side. We seem to have a good record in Perth against them though. Some memorable games against them over the recent years 'Tom Mcdonald you star', the lighting game and obviously the match that got us into the 2018 finals.

I don't think we'll lose this right? WC look a little more organised, but still a developing side. We seem to have a good record in Perth against them though. Some memorable games against them over the recent years 'Tom Mcdonald you star', the lighting game and obviously the match that got us into the 2018 finals.
If we lose this just close "is our flag window still open" thread. Would be apocalyptically bad.

Is Ben Brown a chance? I noticed he kicked 2.6 in the VFL last night, that would mean he had 8 set shots correct? Looks like his form is building.

Is Ben Brown a chance? I noticed he kicked 2.6 in the VFL last night, that would mean he had 8 set shots correct? Looks like his form is building.
Nice try Adam Simpson

I hate to say it, but I reckon he comes in for Turner. Goody made specific comment around Brown being part of our best setup before backing the truck up a bit in his post-match presser. That was before the Casey game.

Goody said a week ago McAdam was 3-4 weeks away and he just had a nothing burger game for Casey. He ain't coming in. My boy Sestan won't be getting a run either after that one. Hunter, Brown and Laurie probably the most likely as sad as that it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back