Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh selection just baffles me. Fringe players in and out constantly, some guys get long runs, others do not (see tholstrup). Does Goody or anyone for that matter actually know what our best 22 looks like?
I’d say not. It’s a bit weird that many in the media call us contenders but then we seem to be constantly in this half-arsed experiment mode

I’d say not. It’s a bit weird that many in the media call us contenders but then we seem to be constantly in this half-arsed experiment mode
Yeah it feels like we are constantly tinkering to find the best mix up forward, and now with a couple of injuries up back that doesn't look very settled either.

But dramatic. He's played one game back in the vfl after a decent calf strain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's played a couple of full games now, hasn't he?

Disagree with the hissy fits about Turner playing forward, he is basically the third tall. not a KPF. And who cares about JVR rucking, hes been shithouse up forward anyway.

Disagree with the hissy fits about Turner playing forward, he is basically the third tall. not a KPF. And who cares about JVR rucking, hes been shithouse up forward anyway.
And his ruck stuff has been okay. Not much craft but he makes a contest of it which is what you want to see from that role

Im taking this a big step forward for Goody, he would usually bring in some slow soft useless tall to replace another, at least he has gone down a different path this time

Have never seen Turner play forward. Sort of curious. But agree that Turner will be sub like Smith was.
I dont think he will, I reckon Goody wants a certain forward set up and Turner makes sense. Woey back to the vest. If we are too tall down back TMac will get subbed out.

I dont think he will, I reckon Goody wants a certain forward set up and Turner makes sense. Woey back to the vest. If we are too tall down back TMac will get subbed out.
Do you want to BET on it, A11? :madv1:

Because I most certainly don't, and respect your opinion. 🤗

Do you want to BET on it, A11? :madv1:

Because I most certainly don't, and respect your opinion. 🤗
I wouldnt bet on it either, just trying to put myself in the mind of Goody. Think he likes the 3 - 2.5 tall forward set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather Laurie is sub in this situation
Thats fine with me, maybe they could swing Disco back if that were the case. I was only saying Woey coz he played in the backline last week.

Thats fine with me, maybe they could swing Disco back if that were the case. I was only saying Woey coz he played in the backline last week.
I think that's the key word there with Disco is that he can swing back. By the sounds of things he's been trialled as a forward option. Just because he's played backline most his career doesn't mean you have to bookmark him there. I'd be curious to see him forward, can’t be worse than the mix we've been playing this year.

I’d written Laurie off pretty much. But they re signed him so I guess not a surprise they’re giving him another crack. But think he’ll probably be sub.
Not convinced on bringing Turner in particularly as a forward. Only played one game back at Casey off a reasonably long lay off. Also never known him to be a forward. Other than a half for Casey last week. Can take a mark though so we’ll see.

I’d written Laurie off pretty much. But they re signed him so I guess not a surprise they’re giving him another crack. But think he’ll probably be sub.
Not convinced on bringing Turner in particularly as a forward. Only played one game back at Casey off a reasonably long lay off. Also never known him to be a forward. Other than a half for Casey last week. Can take a mark though so we’ll see.
Geez, it's not like Goody to rush back a player underdone. Hore has played good football this season, and seems like a pretty good replacement for Salem tbh. So I'm not quite sure on the Disco inclusion here. He surely plays forward, but you'd like to see more than just one VFL game of him before coming in for a big clash like this one.

I think maybe just one. As Casey had the bye last week.
Pretty sure I heard there was a scratch match between Casey and Richmond during the VFL bye for the state game and Hunter played in that.

So two games back, only one official game.

They played Hunter at half forward until throwing him into the centre square in the last in the VFL. No real time on the wing.

If Windsor needs a rest or Billing’s puts in some stinkers I’d expect Hunter back in at AFL level.

It’s hard to see Hunter pushing out an existing half forward.

Pretty sure I heard there was a scratch match between Casey and Richmond during the VFL bye for the state game and Hunter played in that.

So two games back, only one official game.

They played Hunter at half forward until throwing him into the centre square in the last in the VFL. No real time on the wing.

If Windsor needs a rest or Billing’s puts in some stinkers I’d expect Hunter back in at AFL level.

It’s hard to see Hunter pushing out an existing half forward.
Ok Cheers. Didn’t hear anything about an unofficial match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back