Preview Preview/changes v. Adelaide - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

As ribs are just a pain management process I think
No. Snap the same rib again and you are looking at pure agony and a good while away from the game.
Punctured lungs are another risk.

Just May in for Hore.

Probably the right call, though I'm still not huge on Petty/Brown/JVR/Fritsch all together in the same forward line. Feels a bit top heavy and will be easy to rebound against.

Laurie emergency , would presume hes the only option if Chandler is a late out, hard to see us going taller than we already are with Schache or Tomo.

Just May in for Hore.

Probably the right call, though I'm still not huge on Petty/Brown/JVR/Fritsch all together in the same forward line. Feels a bit top heavy and will be easy to rebound against.

I'm really, really hoping when BBBs form drops off we take him out for a small.

I reckon we're almost a lock to lose this one, they always play well against us despite their awful form.

Dees by 6-8 goals. Crows cant score for s**t. Instead of sticking with what was working last year Nicks has gone full * and weakened their biggest strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not very familiar with the Crows backline, I like the idea of Brown/Petty being the main targets and JVR playing third tall and backup ruckman. I think this game is a good opportunity for JVR.

I think it is unfair to hope for BB or McDonald to have a bad game then kick them out of the starting line up. I certainly think they have to be careful with Brown. If McDonald is right though then I think he can see out the year in the defence.

Laurie emergency , would presume hes the only option if Chandler is a late out, hard to see us going taller than we already are with Schache or Tomo.
A strange set of emergencies with questions marks over both Chandler and Viney and having only Laurie as a viable replacement. Having said that I’m not sure who else could be another mid/small forward replacement. Stocks are now very thin with the loss of Dunstan, Jordon, Harmes, Bedford and even Baker over the last few years. Tholstrup the most impressive in the VFL last week of that style but he’s not knocking the door down.

Schache being an emergency is just a head scratcher full stop yet after another non-physical showing in the VFL. Is Brown in doubt? If so Schache makes a bit more sense but I’d probably prefer Fullarton to get a shot as Schache has disappointed over and over now.

Tomlinson as an emergency makes sense with May still a chance to not be right.

A strange set of emergencies with questions marks over both Chandler and Viney and having only Laurie as a viable replacement. Having said that I’m not sure who else could be another mid/small forward replacement. Stocks are now very thin with the loss of Dunstan, Jordon, Harmes, Bedford and even Baker over the last few years. Tholstrup the most impressive in the VFL last week of that style but he’s not knocking the door down.

Schache being an emergency is just a head scratcher full stop yet after another non-physical showing in the VFL. Is Brown in doubt? If so Schache makes a bit more sense but I’d probably prefer Fullarton to get a shot as Schache has disappointed over and over now.

Tomlinson as an emergency makes sense with May still a chance to not be right.
Assuming Hunter isn't fit enough being his first week back, still could have come in as the sub if we were desperate however I reckon.

I reckon we're almost a lock to lose this one, they always play well against us despite their awful form.
Disagree this time – their midfield is absolutely rotten at the moment. Crouch and Laird are both one-paced stat-padding plodders who get sucked into going for every loose ball and either handball backwards or bomb it out of congestion, Dawson's a gun but terribly out of form (and also slow), and they've answered their midfield woes by bringing in yet another slow plodder (Berry). Nicks is as stubborn as they come.

Couple that with the fact that Walker can barely move at the moment + their defence being pretty threadbare, and I'd be really disappointed if we lost this one, even if we are coming off a five-day break.

Why are you so negative?
Maybe a little tongue in cheek but there's no way we kick as straight as last week again for a while.
Adelaide aren't going too well at the moment and it would be just the week for them to to get up with the Gather round showcase happening while we bask in the glow of last week's win.

I'm really, really hoping when BBBs form drops off we take him out for a small.

Huh? They've beaten us once by a single point since 2020.

They were very competitive in the 2022 game and last year we beat them by under a goal.
Meh. That's like say we play well against Collingwood cause we've beaten them once since 2020 but been in most games.

Outside of Collingwood, Freo and Geelong, would probably be our bogey sides.

Not sure why an Adelaide team that's in terrible form is a guaranteed loss. We absolutely should be winning this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back