Preview Preview/Changes – Round 9 vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If McAdam isn't good to go (only a four-day break between Casey game and Thursday night, so wouldn't imagine he will be), will we go in unchanged again?

Bowser probably needs a game in the VFL first, and Billings might need to go – what say you?

OUT: Billings
IN: Sestan

Pending tomorrow's game though. Tholstrup might get a look as well. Laurie and Disco probably still have another week of credit in the bank.

We poked absolutely cooked v Brisbane off a 5-day break, so I wonder if there will be a few more changes than expected?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Billings goes out Laurie next in line to start in that role.

Hunter is an interesting case. Is there more than meets the eye with his absence all year or is it just Windsor has his wing spot?

Keen to see McAdam added to our fwd mix too.

McAdam for Chandler might be a possibility, given that Chandler's been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. But Chandler probably offers more up the ground and defensively than McAdam would. Hunter and Laurie probably the only other possibilities for Billings and / or Woewodin, but the latter is probably safe given his ability to play defence.

Also, I just realised what a mess our schedule is atm. 5 day break into Brisbane, 10 day break into Richmond, 10 day break into Geelong, 5 day break into Carlton and 9 day break into WC. That's gotta be messing with our prep somewhat.

Interesting to see who plays vfl tomorrow, you’d think they won’t play if they’re coming in for the Carlton game as it’d be a 4 day break.

Anyone on limited minutes a chance surely.

Fresh legs might be crucial on another 5-day break.

Wouldn't be against resting JVR, who hasn't looked great lately and bringing in either of Fullarton or Verrell to help Max against the two Carlton rucks.

Chandler, Billings not setting the world on fire either. Sestan sounds exciting but not sure if he has the tank yet? Can Hunter play a role that's not wing? Is Doggy Brown Jnr ready to debut?

Wouldn't be against resting JVR, who hasn't looked great lately and bringing in either of Fullarton or Verrell to help Max against the two Carlton rucks.

Chandler, Billings not setting the world on fire either. Sestan sounds exciting but not sure if he has the tank yet? Can Hunter play a role that's not wing? Is Doggy Brown Jnr ready to debut?

I don't think JVR gets dropped because he is important as a backup ruckman, I'm not really sure on Fullerton and Verrell but my understanding is verrell has been going well in VFL. I think having two rucks doesn't work, gawn works best as a solo ruckman. I'm not a big believer in dropping players after one bad game but I think for team balance perhaps Turner could come out for a smaller player. Looks like it will be another dewy night and perhaps need a bit smaller. I think Hunter could definitely come in as another forward. Goodwin also alluded to managing Windsor and he will be rested in games throughout the year. I hope they keep him for Carlton and then rest him for west coast.

Chandler was quiet but his pressure was still good (5 tackles). Billings needs to go he’s giving us nothing and he’s absurdly soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chandler was quiet but his pressure was still good (5 tackles). Billings needs to go he’s giving us nothing and he’s absurdly soft.
Yeah Billings can go out. I think McAdam in for him would balance us out nicely

We poked absolutely cooked v Brisbane off a 5-day break, so I wonder if there will be a few more changes than expected?

Goody in the post-match said they're keeping a few out from VFL with an eye on next week. Will be interesting who runs out then and who has managed minutes. Hard to make many changes after last night, but we've fell into that trap before with short turnarounds as you rightly point out.

If McAdam isn't good to go (only a four-day break between Casey game and Thursday night, so wouldn't imagine he will be), will we go in unchanged again?

Bowser probably needs a game in the VFL first, and Billings might need to go – what say you?
Pretty sure Goodwin has already ruled him out on the basis of the short break. He said as much in the presser last week

I would be happy to see Billings and Woey Jr have a holiday at Casey.

Not sure who would replace Woey Jr though, so maybe just keep him around until Bowey is fit.

Hunter for Woewodin or Windsor
Answer What GIF by Lil Jon

Hunter for Woewodin or Windsor
Sestan for Billings

Disco deserves a few more weeks.

Hunter is pretty flexible. HB, forward, midfield, wing.
Wait what. Windsor just had his best game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back