Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god the next game is two weeks away.

It's obvious that one of the KPFs has to go, and it should be Brown based off lack of mobility, the fact that he can only play one role and how easily he can be exposed defensively (if someone wants to make an argument for one of the other two, go nuts).

Salem will be out, and if we're serious, Oliver shouldn't be playing until he's actually fit, either.

Pickett will be back, hopefully Hunter is good to go + fingers crossed someone works a miracle on McAdam's hamstring. Hell, I'd even be down to give Moniz-Wakefield a go.

Thank god the next game is two weeks away.

It's obvious that one of the KPFs has to go, and it should be Brown based off lack of mobility, the fact that he can only play one role and how easily he can be exposed defensively (if someone wants to make an argument for one of the other two, go nuts).

Salem will be out, and if we're serious, Oliver shouldn't be playing until he's actually fit, either.

Pickett will be back, hopefully Hunter is good to go + fingers crossed someone works a miracle on McAdam's hamstring. Hell, I'd even be down to give Moniz-Wakefield a go.
I'd happily drop JVR or Petty tbh but they can both back up ruck which Brown can't so it has to be him.
Salem out is a big meh..won't even notice him gone.

Oliver's a liability. Give his inside minutes to anyone

The carry on in the media about the Petty sledge is embarrassing as well, bloke cried on the field after dishing it himself. He wants to keep gobbing off on the field he deserves to be called out on it daily.

Midfield looked far better when we threw Oliver out and chucked Rivers in there.

This needs to be permanent.

Some of Oliver's soft efforts was auskick stuff.
Hey! He trained hard for 3 weeks in the pre season he deserves his spot forever

Hey! He trained hard for 3 weeks in the pre season he deserves his spot forever
To quote Danster, "He's the greatest midfielder ever"

team america vomit GIF

To quote Danster, "He's the greatest midfielder ever"

team america vomit GIF
I'm assuming Danny boys take away from the game doesn't mention Oliver but does talk about Windsors turn over after 3 bounces and Lever giving away a goal and needing to be dropped.

Out: Oliver stays out until he is fit. I assume he will be right in a month or so. Move Sparrow into the guts, and a kid into the HF/Mid role. Maybe AMW? Or keep Tholstrup there? Just giving someone new a run of 3-4 games at AFL level would be good for their development.

One of the KPF's needs to go. BBB is the logical choice, only from a continuity perspective; I can't imagine he plays on in 2025. But to be fair, he hasn't been worse than Petty or JVR. If JVR stays in the side then keep him out of the ruck, he is not up to it.

Salem being sidelined is obvious. I don't know who is the automatic replacement. The Salem/Bowey injuries are frustrating as it keeps Riv locked into the backline. I really hoped he would feature more in our midfield mix this year.

In: Pickett, Bowey (if fit)
If JVR is playing then bring in Fullarton to take on the ruck duties. Start developing JVR as a fulltime forward

Out: Salem, Brown, Tholstrop (sub)

In: Kozzie, AMW, Woey

I'd be tempted to rest Oliver to get his body right but I'm certain Goody wouldn't even consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Woey always has some impressive moments in games without getting a lot of the ball - which is a good sign.

He deserves a full game.

Out: BBB, Oliver (clearly not comfortable with the hand and shouldn't be playing), Salem
In: Woey (full game), Pickett, Hunter and Tholstrup to the sub.

Yeah Woey always has some impressive moments in games without getting a lot of the ball - which is a good sign.

He deserves a full game.

Out: BBB, Oliver (clearly not comfortable with the hand and shouldn't be playing), Salem
In: Woey (full game), Pickett, Hunter and Tholstrup to the sub.

I endorse these changes.

Anyone who watches the 2s does Woey ever play back line? Good effort to come in under those conditions and play back with the midfield being non existent
No, has been playing midfield with rotation on a forward half/wing.

Thought he handled himself well last night for someone who hasn't been accustomed to the role before.

Just don't get the urgency to rush him when he's clearly not fit. If we can't beat a Richmond midfield without Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and Ross, we might as well put him on the shelf for the year anyway.

Just don't get the urgency to rush him when he's clearly not fit. If we can't beat a Richmond midfield without Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and Ross, we might as well put him on the shelf for the year anyway.

Goodys obsession with rushing guys back has literally been a problem since day one of his coaching tenure, it is beyond frustrating.

OUT:
Salem, Brown, Woewodin

IN:
McAdam, Sestan, Kozzy

McAdam was telling supporters a while back he was aiming for ANZAC Eve, so I'm hoping he's right otherwise bring in Fullerton. Sestan deserves a crack IMO and can fill that half back spot. Woey hasn't done near enough, don't quite understand the big wraps for him by some. Been average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back