Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how many people here were so keen for Petty to be back because he was our supposed forward saviour. He's been trash since coming back.
Petty looked great vs Hawthorn when he went back into the D50. Think that is his go. But Im sure we will stick with him forward however coz Tmac doesnt deserve to be dropped. Also, after looking like a decent set shot before training purely as a forward hes been totally Melbourne'd now, cant kick straight for s**t.

Petty looked great vs Hawthorn when he went back into the D50. Think that is his go. But Im sure we will stick with him forward however coz Tmac doesnt deserve to be dropped. Also, after looking like a decent set shot before training purely as a forward hes been totally Melbourne'd now, cant kick straight for s**t.
I also agree his best position is up back.

Just don't get the urgency to rush him when he's clearly not fit. If we can't beat a Richmond midfield without Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and Ross, we might as well put him on the shelf for the year anyway.

I’d hazard a guess that him playing when obviously hampered is so he doesn’t go off the rails like he did when he was out last year. Probably should’ve taken whatever we could have got for him at the trade table last year if that actually is the case.

I’d hazard a guess that Laurie comes in after his performance. Gotta reward even if he’s not translated it to top level. Not sure we need to go so tall forward, Petty, JVR and Fritsch are adequate targets. Woewodin either needs a full game or go back to the twos. I don’t see how being sub weeks on end helps at all

Out: Salem, Brown, Woewodin
In: Koz, Laurie, McAdam (if fit)

Some good performances in the VFL. Some bad performances in the AFL.
I wonder what should we do?

Out: Oliver, BBB, JVR, Salem
In: Hunter, Disco, Fullarton or Verrall, Pickett

I’d hazard a guess that Laurie comes in after his performance. Gotta reward even if he’s not translated it to top level. Not sure we need to go so tall forward, Petty, JVR and Fritsch are adequate targets. Woewodin either needs a full game or go back to the twos. I don’t see how being sub weeks on end helps at all

Out: Salem, Brown, Woewodin
In: Koz, Laurie, McAdam (if fit)
Don't agree with that, just because he played well in the VFL doesn't mean we have to do anything.

I’d hazard a guess that him playing when obviously hampered is so he doesn’t go off the rails like he did when he was out last year. Probably should’ve taken whatever we could have got for him at the trade table last year if that actually is the case.
I did laugh thinking to myself that they probably didn’t want to give him the surgery while they all went to Adelaide and then also the bye..

Regardless of the state of his hand Oliver should be dropped for how flaky he's been around the contest the past few weeks. You can't choose not to go for the ball when it's your turn and get away with it. People will say Tholstrup isn't ready but if I compare his game with Oliver's on Thursday I see a kid willing to put his body on the line and another guy who wanted to protect himself despite putting his hand up to play.

Regardless of the state of his hand Oliver should be dropped for how flaky he's been around the contest the past few weeks. You can't choose not to go for the ball when it's your turn and get away with it. People will say Tholstrup isn't ready but if I compare his game with Oliver's on Thursday I see a kid willing to put his body on the line and another guy who wanted to protect himself despite putting his hand up to play.

Yeah I was staggered how bad he was in this area. Normally a genuine hard nut was too scared to even contest a 50/50 ball, wtf?

Yeah I was staggered how bad he was in this area. Normally a genuine hard nut was too scared to even contest a 50/50 ball, wtf?
Was like watching a completely different player. Ten years ago if Watts had a game like that people would be melting.

I haven't watched a single footy show since Thursday but that's the sort of thing that he should be getting raked over the coals for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was like watching a completely different player. Ten years ago if Watts had a game like that people would be melting.

I haven't watched a single footy show since Thursday but that's the sort of thing that he should be getting raked over the coals for.
Unless Kane Cornes sees it the media doesn't talk down star players anymore. David Kings too busy desperately watching for any reason to suspend someone

Also I’d like to keep Tholstrup in, was a shocking game to debut in and I like his energy.
Who even replaces Salem, Disco?
Howes could play smaller especially against Richmond and then Kozzy gotta come in for someone aswell
Think Kolton struggles to stay unless we drop Brown for Pickett

We need king to bet on the unders for Oliver’s disposals each week.
Can just imagine the cringe look to the laptop then down the barrel of the camera
"The new trend in footy is Clayton Oliver's s**t"

Who even replaces Salem, Disco?
Howes could play smaller especially against Richmond and then Kozzy gotta come in for someone aswell
Think Kolton struggles to stay unless we drop Brown for Pickett

I’d absolutely drop Brown for Pickett but it normally takes goody 6 weeks to learn things so expect brown to stay in. McAdam might be close too.

‘Cringe look to the laptop’ 😂 😂 😂
Is there anyone higher on their own s**t than that bloke
He reads from the same script

"Insert random stat" is king right now
The way he says it like he's the only guy in the media who understands this and we're lucky he's sharing it with us 🤢

Yeah Woey always has some impressive moments in games without getting a lot of the ball - which is a good sign.

He deserves a full game.

Out: BBB, Oliver (clearly not comfortable with the hand and shouldn't be playing), Salem
In: Woey (full game), Pickett, Hunter and Tholstrup to the sub.
These are the only changes that make sense.

Our mids got their pants pulled down in a way that hasn't happened in 5+ years. Gotta back them to bounce back, otherwise we may as well give up.

Some of the hysteria about the forwards is completely overblown. 2008 Buddy Franklin would have had <2 touches and zero goals to 3QT if he was playing for us on Thursday night. We just never regularly won the ball until 10 minutes into the last quarter.

Some of the hysteria about the forwards is completely overblown. 2008 Buddy Franklin would have had <2 touches and zero goals to 3QT if he was playing for us on Thursday night. We just never regularly won the ball until 10 minutes into the last quarter.
😂

Weirdest thing about our forward structure is that we play a group of talls who are only effective if they win the ball in the air while playing a structure that would only work with a bunch of pressure forwards. Genuinely bizarre strategy that hasn't worked for three years straight and we still persist with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back