Preview Changes/Preview – Round 7 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not down for dropping Tholstrup or even moving him to sub after 1 game. We all know the same old same old ins and outs aren't going to see us improve. And considering very few played well I don't see why a debutant has to pay the price.

I'd like us to play Tholstrup and Woey consistently for a few games. I'd also be up for playing Fullarton so JVR doesn't have to ruck.

So for me it would be Hore for Salem, Woey for Sparrow, Pickett for Billings who goes to sub. And I'd maybe have Fullarton for Brown to see how that looks, with the idea that unless it's a clear success when MacAdam is fit we'll play smaller up forward.

I'm not down for dropping Tholstrup or even moving him to sub after 1 game. We all know the same old same old ins and outs aren't going to see us improve. And considering very few played well I don't see why a debutant has to pay the price.

I'd like us to play Tholstrup and Woey consistently for a few games. I'd also be up for playing Fullarton so JVR doesn't have to ruck.

So for me it would be Hore for Salem, Woey for Sparrow, Pickett for Billings who goes to sub. And I'd maybe have Fullarton for Brown to see how that looks, with the idea that unless it's a clear success when MacAdam is fit we'll play smaller up forward.
Hore is out injured for another few weeks yet im pretty sure

First up, Pickett has to come back in. So someone has to go out for him.? Salem?

Fullarton I'd like to see how he goes, but he has to be a genuine backup for JvR, up forward.
BBB would have to make way, in this scenario.

Tholstrup, 50/50, because ts Richmond. I'd drop him but might get another chance, only this Wednesday night match.?

Hore has a broken thumb, which was operated on.

Mcadam won't come straight in, when hes fit to resume. he's a backup idea. I'd play Melk unfit, before McAdam.

This is quite a major scoop SH. That we would be lying about an injury to Oliver to hide... A slightly different injury.
Journos don't do their work these days.

They buy the company line, on most occasions.
Anyone who knows footy knows which strapping is for which injury. I don't get who the club thinks they're fooling, with this finger crap.

I think a few weeks back he had strapped finger; but not the past 2 weeks or so.

They might be separate injuries on the same hand over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

The way Oliver was moving and avoiding contact looked like his whole arm was stuffed, not just his hand.
Agree, something definitely going on there, or he's just suddenly lost the will to play and will retire.

I can't think of any occasion where selecting a player whose performance has been impacted by injury has been good for the player or the club.
Give Oliver a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how quiet it's been from some with Oliver
looking for Dan

Missing Episode 9 GIF by The Simpsons

I thought Oliver has been down on his best but serviceable until the last 2 games where he's been clearly hampered with his hand/confidence in his body.

Putting him at half back was a clear signal that the footy department got it wrong to play him - considering he then had surgery.

I don't want him in against Richmond if it's more of the last 2 weeks.

I thought Oliver has been down on his best but serviceable until the last 2 games where he's been clearly hampered with his hand/confidence in his body.

Putting him at half back was a clear signal that the footy department got it wrong to play him - considering he then had surgery.

I don't want him in against Richmond if it's more of the last 2 weeks.
Including Oliver in the side is sabotaging the culture of the club. If you are a player busting your gut to get into the starting 22 then see Oliver's performance over the last couple of weeks you would feel let down by the club.

Oliver needed to get surgery the very next game after everyone saw how poor his performance was. And he needs to stay out until he is match fit as well.

Club can see what the list is made of and give people opportunities.

Including Oliver in the side is sabotaging the culture of the club. If you are a player busting your gut to get into the starting 22 then see Oliver's performance over the last couple of weeks you would feel let down by the club.

Oliver needed to get surgery the very next game after everyone saw how poor his performance was. And he needs to stay out until he is match fit as well.

Club can see what the list is made of and give people opportunities.
If it keeps Laurie out of the side, then I'll take a fat Oliver with a broken hand any day :)

If it keeps Laurie out of the side, then I'll take a fat Oliver with a broken hand any day :)
I wouldn't.

Some of his soft efforts against Brisbane were some of the weakest efforts I've seen on a footy field. He made Cale Morton look like Glen Archer.

Oliver was a dead set liability and has been for a number of weeks.

Laurie isn't much chop but at least he would provide effort and intensity unlike Oliver.

I wouldn't.

Some of his soft efforts against Brisbane were some of the weakest efforts I've seen on a footy field. He made Cale Morton look like Glen Archer.

Oliver was a dead set liability and has been for a number of weeks.

Laurie isn't much chop but at least he would provide effort and intensity unlike Oliver.

Yep. If they play Oliver again and he puts in another performance like that you can probably kiss both Goody and Oliver goodbye come end of year. He was absolutely disgraceful against Brisbane, I'd be more forgiving if it was a younger guy but not a four time AA player FFS

Yep. If they play Oliver again and he puts in another performance like that you can probably kiss both Goody and Oliver goodbye come end of year. He was absolutely disgraceful against Brisbane, I'd be more forgiving if it was a younger guy but not a four time AA player FFS
Yes, but Bailey Laurie. I can't stomach him again. Give me fat Oliver over Bailey Laurie.

Yes, but Bailey Laurie. I can't stomach him again. Give me fat Oliver over Bailey Laurie.

If the coaches had this attitude we might as well fold because they wouldn't be taking selection seriously. I get Laurie probably isn't going to make it at AFL level but Olivers last two games have genuinely been two of the worst games I've seen from a MFC player in some time, we get that performance again we are truly ****ed.

Clarry will 100% play I’d say. He lost all confidence with that busted finger. Hopefully the op has fixed that. But he’s been physically cleared so they’ll pick him going on the fact they picked him earlier. For me pick him if he can get that clean possessing of the footy again. Who else are you picking ahead of him? If he’s output will match last couple of game yeah rest him further.

Clarry will 100% play I’d say. He lost all confidence with that busted finger. Hopefully the op has fixed that. But he’s been physically cleared so they’ll pick him going on the fact they picked him earlier. For me pick him if he can get that clean possessing of the footy again. Who else are you picking ahead of him? If he’s output will match last couple of game yeah rest him further.

This is obvious though, if he is actually fit and going to play to his normal level of course he comes in.

My issue is over Goodys tenure at the club he ALWAYS plays injured guys and I don't have faith he has changed that mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back