Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Really glad Mason Cox was able to revive this award. Was worried we'd never have a nominee again earlier in the year.

Really glad Mason Cox was able to revive this award. Was worried we'd never have a nominee again earlier in the year.
Christ, he’s s**t. Awful game against GWS at the weekend and topped it off by having a pre goal celebration before spraying the easiest of set shots. I can handle getting beaten by the Pies as they’ve had our measure since the mid 2000s but it stings when that big American spud does his peak Paul Salmon impersonation against us and disappears off the face of the Earth the following week.

Not only can he do the rare two time nom he has the chance to do the rarer two in a season and the mythical three time nom

If he pulls off a three time nom in the one season he almost deserves at least a co-naming rights alongside the great Kent Kingsley: The Joint Kent Kingsley-Mason Cox Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne - TJKKMCMSSWPWAM for short

Last edited:
If he pulls off a three time nom in the one season he almost deserves at least a co-naming rights alongside the great Kent Kingsley: The Joint Kent Kingsley-Mason Cox Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne - TJKKMCMSSWPWAM for short

This acronym ending with WAM is very pleasing.

Christ, he’s s**t. Awful game against GWS at the weekend and topped it off by having a pre goal celebration before spraying the easiest of set shots. I can handle getting beaten by the Pies as they’ve had our measure since the mid 2000s but it stings when that big American spud does his peak Paul Salmon impersonation against us and disappears off the face of the Earth the following week.
Read that as Paul Simon and thought 'JK's lost the plot.'

Turns out I'm the one who has.

Not only can he do the rare two time nom he has the chance to do the rarer two in a season and the mythical three time nom
If he does, forget sainthood, he will be God of this thread. Kent unworthy of standing in his mighty shadow.

We will need to change the thread title!

I'm intrigued. Beau wilkes and Beau Maister. I thought they were the same person; but apparently not.

What are the odds of two gentleman called Beau being admitted, or at least nominated for admission, into the Society?

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction!!

I'm intrigued. Beau wilkes and Beau Maister. I thought they were the same person; but apparently not.

What are the odds of two gentleman called Beau being admitted, or at least nominated for admission, into the Society?

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction!!
This has bothered me also but I wasn’t brave enough to say it. At these moments I just hang in the background and try for camouflage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not spud territory, but long term concussion symptoms has robbed us of the pleasure of watching Seedsman rack up 4,000 metres gained. He managed his top two highest disposals games of a 132 game career in last year’s games against Melbourne.

But I see a few possibles lurking.

Darcy Fogarty - just the bloke who will decide to combine a regular year’s worth of highlights for him into one quarter and end up with four or five snags, nailing them from absurd angles and distances.

Matt Crouch - he’s an emergency, so bet your house on him named as sub, he comes on in the second quarter, and rack ups 30 disposals. The commentators will mention how great it is to see the return to form of a former All Australian about 24 times. Sending a message to the coach blah blah blah.

Riley Thilthorpe - A big talent, but aside from his his five goal debut and once kicking a goal backwards to win a tight game, he’s given off some Paul Johnson vibes. It feels about right for a “vindicating his overall pick 2 draft status” type breakout performance.

Ned McHenry out injured was robbed

Geelong have a variety of spuds that could get us: Stanley, Rohan, Z Guthrie, O’Connor and of course; Jeremy Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back