Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Fire it up, we've got Mitch Hannan, Ryan Gardner, Buku Khamis, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Lachlan McNeil and Riley Garcia (whoever that is) to choose from this week

Surely Mitch Hannan, playing in their backline, goes for another run down the wing and slots a goal to win it for them with 4 seconds to go.

Can we also include umpires? Not the reason we lost but basically all of them are oxygen thieves who only do that job because they wouldn’t have even got picked for the Maroochydore 3rds.

Can we also include umpires? Not the reason we lost but basically all of them are oxygen thieves who only do that job because they wouldn’t have even got picked for the Maroochydore 3rds.
Nope, not what this thread is for. Nor is JUH to be fair. Pick 1 who will likely be a Jack Watts level player, as opposed to a spud like Tom Gillies or James Sellarsor Kent Kingsley

JUH being in this thread just had an air of inevitability about it. Fair dinkum! Hasn't fired a shot in 2 years then bang, kicks 5 goals on us! Well done! You might yet put Ash McGrath behind you as the most vanilla 1st pick since our boy Jack!

Mason Cox career averages:
  • 8.5 disposals
  • 3.8 marks
  • 1.1 goals
  • 1.9 contested marks
Mason Cox career averages vs Melbourne:
  • 12.4 disposals
  • 5.8 marks
  • 2.2 goals
  • 2.8 contested marks
Surely clinches dual naming rights with another big game tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems like a decent bloke, I don’t mind if he goes ballistic against us. But for that to happen a bunch of other things would have to have gone wrong.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that in that 2018 Prelim for examples Richmond basically got absolutely tonked at clearances which is what allowed Cox to get on top.

He seems like a decent bloke, I don’t mind if he goes ballistic against us. But for that to happen a bunch of other things would have to have gone wrong.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that in that 2018 Prelim for examples Richmond basically got absolutely tonked at clearances which is what allowed Cox to get on top.
Was the Pies game where May was concussed early? Also Petty copped an injury too and played through. Cox does seem like a ripper bloke though, really can't hate him, just not against us pls.

Last edited:
Cox had 21 disposals against us, since then he's only cracked double digits once with a high of 11 disposals, honestly would've surprise me if he pulls a 20 and 3.

It'll be ok this time - we're bringing Harmes back in for the hard tag.

#NoCoxNoPies

I don't think cox will have the same game as last time, things didn't go our way that day, gawn got injured and we seem to be at peak bombing it into forward 50 phase, we did the same with the swans the week earlier, made McCartin look like SOS

Was the Pies game where May was concussed early? Also Petty copped an injury too and played through. Cox does seem like a ripper bloke though, really can't hate him, just not against us pls.
Petty could hardly move. Difficult to watch at the ground

If Mason can repeat his wonderous feats of QBD, I call for solo naming rights to go to him in this thread.
I've been pushing the Kent Kingsley/Mason Cox Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne for a while now, and I'll be damned if you come in and steal my thunder on our day of reckoning.

Here's hoping Cox has 30 and 5 in a Melbourne win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back