Coach The BigFooty Melbourne Board vs Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

OP updated, I've decided the weeks we agree with the selection they count as a draw.
You're always coming up with good ideas schmuttt.

I mean if May aggravates his injury you can pretty much close this thread. Would be pretty much impossible for Goodwin to come back from that.
Medical staff's fault for saying hes ok to play and not Goodwin's surely?

Medical staff's fault for saying hes ok to play and not Goodwin's surely?
Thats a fair way to look at it. Hard to know how those conversations go though, what risk factors were put in front of Goodwin. Ultimately he has the final say on selection.

Thats a fair way to look at it. Hard to know how those conversations go though, what risk factors were put in front of Goodwin. Ultimately he has the final say on selection.
Goody can only go off the advice from the professionals. I very much doubt he's demanding that May should play in round 4 if they have said he's at risk.

Hopefully the Dees doctors don't do what the Chargers doctor did to Tyrod Taylor and puncture his lung/nearly kill him when jabbing him up for ribs.

We've had these rushing guys back from injury issues under Goody since he started though, and we've had multiple different heads of conditioning in that time (And club doctors lol).
May got thru the injuries to his eye socket and hamstring both times tbf. I agree on face value he should be rested but I don't know exactly how bad the pain is/what's the risks are and don't think Goody is that stupid to go against medical advice.

Petty, Brown, JVR, Fritsch all in the same forward line is stupid. The 3 talls + Fritsch setup has never worked the entire time Goody's been coaching.

Last edited:
For the purpose of having fun with this thread I definitely think we should call this week's selection a disagreement. The tall forward line and quick injury turnaround for May are at least a bit questionable.

Regardless of the split of influence between the medicos and Goodwin, I think it should be a win for the board if:
  • May has to be subbed because of his injury
  • May's injury worsens (might need to wait a few days and see what happens)
  • May plays badly and looks like he is moving worse/slower than normal
  • Our forward line is a mess and looks way too slow

Should be an over/under on total goals kicked between Petty/JVR/Fritsch/Brown. Assuming Petty is forward I think 7 between them is a reasonable return and would give Goody the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be an over/under on total goals kicked between Petty/JVR/Fritsch/Brown. Assuming Petty is forward I think 7 between them is a reasonable return and would give Goody the win.
I'm not too concerned about the scoring power tbh, what worries me is that a forward line with those four will be extremely easy to rebound against. Imagine there'll be one on the bench at nearly all times though (and one will likely be subbed off if there's no injuries).

I'm not too concerned about the scoring power tbh, what worries me is that a forward line with those four will be extremely easy to rebound against. Imagine there'll be one on the bench at nearly all times though (and one will likely be subbed off if there's no injuries).

Perhaps so, but it is the easiest metric with which to judge forwards. I'm personally interested to see how it works, and you're right I doubt there'll ever be more than two of the big three forward at the same time with JVR second ruck/interchange. Fritsch is useless at applying pressure but I have enough faith in Koz, ANB, Chandler and Sparrow to prevent easy rebounds.

The biggest thing for me will be if they get in each other's way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back