Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting in early - Oleg Markov to Collingwood has Queen's Birthday Adam Oxley vibes about it

God i ******* miss Name a Game. Always danced through private collectors to build my selection of replays as Name a Game where pretty high priced. But it was good for filling in the gaps.

Now if you're missing games like me, you're s**t out of luck until you find someone who has it. Or some random uploads it to youtube

One effort that I feel gets overlooked in the Kingsley Society is Travis Cloke in Round 10 2015.

It's not that he was an out and out spud (although he was definitely on the downward trend at that point in his career) but rather he kicked 7 straight. 0 behinds. This from a guy who had a reputation of missing the easiest of set shots. He kicked 1.4 against Hawks a few weeks later.
schmuttt will remember the miss from the top of the goalsquare one year. We enjoyed that one.

Early 2023 nominations
Adelaide: Jackson Hately
Brisbane: Rhys Mathieson
Carlton: Jack Silvagni/Paddy Dow
Collingwood: Mason Cox
Essendon: Sam Weideman
Fremantle: Corey Wagner
Geelong: Esava Ratugolea
Gold Coast: Rory Atkins
GWS: Jesse Hogan/Braydon Preuss/Toby Bedford
Hawthorn: Sam Frost
North Melbourne: Daniel Howe
Port Adelaide: Jeremy Finlayson
Richmond: Jason Castagna
St Kilda: Mason Wood
Sydney: Peter Ladhams
West Coast: Jayden Hunt/Sam Petrevski-Seton
Western Bulldogs: Ryan Gardner

Good list^

Love to see Oskar Baker as a late-in against us in R1 and kick 3 goals from a half forward flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent is licking his lips today.

Kayne Turner is a monty, but has worthwhile competitors in Callum Coleman-Jones, Jaidyn Stephenson, Paul Curtis, Charlie Comben, Aaron Hall, Darcy Tucker and Aidan Corr. There's also arguments to be made for a couple of others' eligibility.

Stephenson stiff to be in that company. He's flaky af but a decent player who's had some great games against others in the past.
The rest I can get around, surely one of them steps up today.
Can’t say I’ve paid a lot of close attention to North but aren’t Comben and Curtis a bit raw to be called spuds?

Can’t say I’ve paid a lot of close attention to North but aren’t Comben and Curtis a bit raw to be called spuds?
Considering a North poster nominated Fritsch for their Kerridge award (Kingsley equivalent), I thought their inclusion was more than fair.

Stephenson has hardly been a walk-up start in a North team that's won two consecutive spoons in the time he's been there. Feel like he gets eligibility based on that alone. Has talent at least though, but is a pretty disappointing player considering how he looked early on.

Considering a North poster nominated Fritsch for their Kerridge award (Kingsley equivalent), I thought their inclusion was more than fair.

Stephenson has hardly been a walk-up start in a North team that's won two consecutive spoons in the time he's been there. Feel like he gets eligibility based on that alone. Has talent at least though, but is a pretty disappointing player considering how he looked early on.
Nah people get too desperate too add guys to this. It should be saved for the real out of the box spuds. Not just decent players playing decent games

Nah people get too desperate too add guys to this. It should be saved for the real out of the box spuds. Not just decent players playing decent games
That's fair. There's plenty of others to choose from at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back