Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Official injury list (6) released 30/4

Long Term (1) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (4) :
• R12-14 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-6 weeks (No change)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 4-6 weeks (Was 5-7 weeks)
• R12-13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 4-5 weeks (Was 6 weeks)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 3-4 weeks (Was 4-5 weeks)

Short Term (1) :
• R9-10 Zane Trew (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Noah Long wasn’t named on last week’s injury list but didn’t play against Gold Coast due to a hip pointer. He is expected to be available this week.

Nothing on Bazzo though I suspect they are just letting him do his thing. he's had a pretty rough time over the last 12 months so he can take as much time as he needs.

Bazzo’s gone 5-6, 5-6, 4-6, 4-6 over the last month, and hasn’t been mentioned by Inness in that time.

Seems suspiciously familiar to how a certain ruckman went last year.

Bazzo’s gone 5-6, 5-6, 4-6, 4-6 over the last month, and hasn’t been mentioned by Inness in that time.

Seems suspiciously familiar to how a certain ruckman went last year.
I think for the longer term injuries we're seeing a pattern where if there is no news on the longer term injuries they just don't mention them in the reports. I'd assume that Bazzos situation either just hasn't changed or they just want to put no timeframe on him so are keeping it the same without progression on the weeks count.

If he's gotten worse I'd hope we would get an update though.

I think for the longer term injuries we're seeing a pattern where if there is no news on the longer term injuries they just don't mention them in the reports. I'd assume that Bazzos situation either just hasn't changed or they just want to put no timeframe on him so are keeping it the same without progression on the weeks count.

You’re not going to like this because it might open the draft thread up to having to talk about the mid season draft but…

Could Bazzo be a LTI?

The others have all progressed, not always linear but they’ve come in. Bazzo’s the only one that’s hovered at six weeks.

Sadly they’ve got form in just going silent rather than giving bad news. They never mentioned the hernia surgery he apparently had, for example.

The others have all progressed, not always linear but they’ve come in. Bazzo’s the only one that’s hovered at six weeks.

Sadly they’ve got form in just going silent rather than giving bad news. They never mentioned the hernia surgery he apparently had, for example.
Yeah, i'm just hoping more on the positive since we've seen some change around injury management etc with the changes around the club. Definitely not counting out the possibility they are just being dumb again with hiding info.

You’re not going to like this because it might open the draft thread up to having to talk about the mid season draft but…

Could Bazzo be a LTI?
Nah, it's fine. I was more getting antsy because every second post was " oh we should pick X for the MSD" which is a while a way and we weren't looking at having anyone as a potential LTI.
If Bazzo doesn't starting coming in/progressing it's a legitimate question on whether they LTI him or give us a ETA even if it's like Hewey and a "Post-Bye" type of time frame.

Apart from a caller into the 6PR rumour file was it ever verified anywhere that Bazzo did, in fact, have a hernia operation

I’ve had a quick look and can’t find anything to say that it happened

Nah, it's fine. I was more getting antsy because every second post was " oh we should pick X for the MSD" which is a while a way and we weren't looking at having anyone as a potential LTI.
If Bazzo doesn't starting coming in/progressing it's a legitimate question on whether they LTI him or give us a ETA even if it's like Hewey and a "Post-Bye" type of time frame.

I’d be very, very reluctant to move Bazzo to LTI unless it was 100% certain he had no chance to play this year.

The bloke has been through absolute hell the last two years on and off the field. Taking any chance of playing footy this year away from him might not be our smartest move, and might not be in Bazzo’s best interests. Especially if it isn’t 100% necessary.

The inactive list is a very lonely place when you know you have no chance of getting back to playing and it’s only round 10.

Last edited:
Yeo looks reasonably upbeat here. Doesn't seem too distressed. He's hoping it's relatively short term, but maybe he's generally a pretty optimistic person.
Obviously he would have no idea until the scans.
Let's hope he'll back again this season. 🤞

Simmo didn't sounds too optimistic when talking about Long. 'Not good when you have to go for scans' 'Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst' and paraphrasing the last one since I watched the presser a couple hours ago but saying something along the lines of he may not be around for a stretch of games.

Back