Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

* no thanks.

Happy to win games there like that stretch, but the place is a soulless hell hole. Let’s not even flirt with idea we will be playing more home games there.

The walk from marvel to southern cross station has got to be the worst experience the AFL has to offer. If it doesn’t have 30,000+ it is one depressing joint to be.

Ohhh for boutique stadiums. This is where Geelong are in such a great position, they have the best of both and huge competitive advantage as a result. A 40000 seat stadium in the South East would be ideal for Hawthorn and St Kilda
Yeah, would be ideal. We’ve got a connection with the G, and built up one in tassie. Zero connection with docklands, and it’s just an awful experience watching football inside, in an otherwise deserted concrete precinct.

Sorry to derail, but I get angry thinking about how the afl will try shaft us here. Particularly with bombers and blues scrounging for more games at the G.

The Bulldogs got the hot start kicking the first 3 goals, Sicily dislocated his shoulder, and it looked like another dirty day at the office for us.
There was genuine heat in that game, with both sides piling on the physical pressure, yet we found a way to win. A victory like that is priceless moving forward. So proud of these boys.
As for Calsher's goals... those damn onions were at it again.

There's been suggestions for years of a dandenong stadium in the vacant land near dandy station. Imaging a 40k seater there?
Gee that's a fair way out, but I'd be happy with that! Problem is always public transport access. If they extend the Frankston line, there's plenty of space that way too. Dingley has the space, but not the Train station sadly. That's all schtick for the big boys to work out though, I'm just a mug on a keyboard :D

Gee that's a fair way out, but I'd be happy with that! Problem is always public transport access. If they extend the Frankston line, there's plenty of space that way too. Dingley has the space, but not the Train station sadly. That's all schtick for the big boys to work out though, I'm just a mug on a keyboard :D
It's actually not that bad by train, terrible by road though.

The talk has always been a square stadium, but reckon that a multi-purpose would be the go

After getting done by the umps for a soft high fend off in the half forward line, how good was Nash's goal saving tackle at with 8 minutes remaining. :fire: Serious effort to make that contest.
I swear we are the only club that “high fend off” exists for.

Yeah, would be ideal. We’ve got a connection with the G, and built up one in tassie. Zero connection with docklands, and it’s just an awful experience watching football inside, in an otherwise deserted concrete precinct.

Sorry to derail, but I get angry thinking about how the afl will try shaft us here. Particularly with bombers and blues scrounging for more games at the G.
That Tassie connection will be diminished soon, we really should be looking at options going forward, but it's huge money and the government won't be too excited about spending big for a while. We'll probably have to get used to Marvel at least in the short term. Quit moaning and make the place loud!

Wow Wee
What a game!
3. Jack Scrimshaw
2. Jarmen Impey
1. Lloyd Meek
Calsher how beautiful and heart warming it was watching him today.I loved how Gunners was getting around him, great leadership and also touching!
Scrim was massive today he should be leading our B&F in my eyes!
When Newc and Nash play well the team seem to lift dramatically!
I was critical of McDonald before the game but the longer the game went the better he played!
How good was The Wiz in his 2 on 1 contest!
I thought we were in for a drubbing before the game and I could not see us competing with a team that should be better but our endeavour was the difference !
I love this club and watching young Calsher after the siren is what it is all about!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My man Scrimmers is absolutely killing it in 2024.

Him and Moore are probably our only shots at making the AA squad this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the last 10 minutes, Watson was massive without the ball. I don't care how many goals he kicks, that pressure will generate score. Forget his miss, he did everything right otherwise.

Also, the clear instruction to lock it on the F50 instead of taking a shot was fascinating. Pretty hilarious to see Newk on his own 30m from goal decide to stop and handball. Well played following orders, Dogs had no more chances to score.
Ginnivan is a genuine leader, he clearly has been well coached for critical moments, you can see him instructing flat out at stoppages in red time, and throws himself in the contest. With him, Watson and Moore, we have 10 years of small forwards locked down, and they're all beauties.

Dear looking the way he does makes things really interesting!

Such a great win, thought our leaders were exceptional today. That was a proper captain's game from Sis, loved seeing him throw himself into marking contests going back with the flight late in the game. Impey, Moore and Hardwick also terrific. Gunner could have had 6.

Surprised to see English's stats because I thought Meek gave him a bath today, he's turning into the archetypal premiership ruckman, just a brute who competes in the air and importantly at ground level.

Weddle had 15 touches but it felt more like he had 25 such was his influence, some fantastic spoiling, putting his body on the line but also a weapon heading forward. No idea where he'll eventually end up but I think his current role suits him pretty bloody well for now.

Was pretty disappointed with that effort from Ward late, could have cost us the game. And the Wiz.. I love everything else he does but what the * is going on with his finishing. He has left so many goals out there- how do we improve this? I think it may have been an issue for him in junior footy too which is a worry.
It's VERY EARLY days for The Wiz!!!

He'll be finishing cleanly soon enough.

In the meantime, there's no question he's bringing the intent we need forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back