Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunners’ game was good but could of been great. That was a 6 goal game for the 2012-2020 version.

If they lost, the autopsy would of been grim for him and the Wiz especially.

Heard the commentary say 12 set shots for 4.6 and 2 out of bounds for the match.
Thank God for the in play gems by Weddle and CMac.

On another note, since when did Marvel morph into our best ground?

Such a great win, thought our leaders were exceptional today. That was a proper captain's game from Sis, loved seeing him throw himself into marking contests going back with the flight late in the game. Impey, Moore and Hardwick also terrific. Gunner could have had 6.

Surprised to see English's stats because I thought Meek gave him a bath today, he's turning into the archetypal premiership ruckman, just a brute who competes in the air and importantly at ground level.

Weddle had 15 touches but it felt more like he had 25 such was his influence, some fantastic spoiling, putting his body on the line but also a weapon heading forward. No idea where he'll eventually end up but I think his current role suits him pretty bloody well for now.

Was pretty disappointed with that effort from Ward late, could have cost us the game. And the Wiz.. I love everything else he does but what the heck is going on with his finishing. He has left so many goals out there- how do we improve this? I think it may have been an issue for him in junior footy too which is a worry.

Newcombe going beast mode at times reminded of his game in Tassie last season against the Dogs. Scrimmers was kamikaze - playing with a real edge and it was great to see kudos from the coach in the presser. Sicily was inspirational but mired it a bit with that Watto play and reaction. Dear for Rising Star this round.

Sorry to intrude

I hope Triple M Melbourne make available the Changeroom interview they had with Calsher and his mum after the game (they played it during the HT interval here in Brisbane for the Q clash).

Very emotional (especially Mum) - talked about Gunners being his mentor (as both lost their Dad's within a week of each other)

Go well young man!

Can we put a request in to play all home games at Marvel for the rest of the year?
youve gone too far GIF by Slice

Tremendous team effort from the boys today!
Sam and the coaches came with a plan and they stuck to it with every player committed to playing their role.
Early on with the dogs kicking two goals in quick succession, they kept their heads up and had belief and resilience.
Every time they were challenged, they rallied which is an excellent sign from such a young team.
Significant performances:
Sicily overcoming the devastating dislocated shoulder and rolled ankle to lead the young team. Played tough, was brave and courageous.
Jarman Impey’s intercept marking was a real highlight.
Lloyd Meek taking on English and undoubtedly taking the points. Used his frame incredibly well and gave a real contest each and every time.
The unlikely trio of Sam Frost, Jack Scrimshaw and Josh Weddle stopping the Bulldogs talls.
Winning the tackle count for the first time this year.
Conor Nash and Jai Newcombe leading the midfield through grit and toughness.
Calsher Dear kicking two goals, making contests and crashing packs.
Massimo Dambrosio going back courageously in front of Aaron Naughton in the goal square.
The Wiz making a contest against two dogs players and then following up with a tremendous tackle.
What a win!

We beat North in the tackle count as well.

Our 2 wins we've tackled hard and frequently.

Gunners’ game was good but could of been great. That was a 6 goal game for the 2012-2020 version.

If they lost, the autopsy would of been grim for him and the Wiz especially.

Heard the commentary say 12 set shots for 4.6 and 2 out of bounds for the match.
Thank God for the in play gems by Weddle and CMac.

On another note, since when did Marvel morph into our best ground?

Accurate kicking for goal is a major difference between good and average teams. It seems obvious and it might just be me but it seems more relevant than ever. It is such a fundamental of the game and these are professionals.

Early 2000s we were the second best team there. Won finals too.

With less Tassie games and carlton wanting MCG games we need to make it our home from home
heck no thanks.

Happy to win games there like that stretch, but the place is a soulless hell hole. Let’s not even flirt with idea we will be playing more home games there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude

I hope Triple M Melbourne make available the Changeroom interview they had with Calsher and his mum after the game (they played it during the HT interval here in Brisbane for the Q clash).

Very emotional (especially Mum) - talked about Gunners being his mentor (as both lost their Dad's within a week of each other)

Go well young man!

Accurate kicking for goal is a major difference between good and average teams. It seems obvious and it might just be me but it seems more relevant than ever. It is such a fundamental of the game and these are professionals.
Accuracy as well as fast starts. Both would seem to increase your percentage of winning during games.

Fabulous win today. To win with 1 ruck, 1 tall forward playing his first game and an undersized backline trying to handle JUH, Naughton and Darcy under a roof is a wonderful performance.

Can’t wait for us to really take our chances one of these games soon and get the goal kicking accuracy monkey off our back.

Wow Wee
What a game!
3. Jack Scrimshaw
2. Jarmen Impey
1. Lloyd Meek
Calsher how beautiful and heart warming it was watching him today.I loved how Gunners was getting around him, great leadership and also touching!
Scrim was massive today he should be leading our B&F in my eyes!
When Newc and Nash play well the team seem to lift dramatically!
I was critical of McDonald before the game but the longer the game went the better he played!
How good was The Wiz in his 2 on 1 contest!
I thought we were in for a drubbing before the game and I could not see us competing with a team that should be better but our endeavour was the difference !
I love this club and watching young Calsher after the siren is what it is all about!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

8 clearances, which was a clear team high. But more importantly he had only 1 clanger.

Ha ha!! That’s hilarious - you know I also checked his Clanger numbers on the app as well, I remembered you pointed me to his record Clanger count a few weeks ago! Great to see him playing well, I do like big Nashy a lot.

* no thanks.

Happy to win games there like that stretch, but the place is a soulless hell hole. Let’s not even flirt with idea we will be playing more home games there.
Ohhh for boutique stadiums. This is where Geelong are in such a great position, they have the best of both and huge competitive advantage as a result. A 40000 seat stadium in the South East would be ideal for Hawthorn and St Kilda

Ohhh for boutique stadiums. This is where Geelong are in such a great position, they have the best of both and huge competitive advantage as a result. A 40000 seat stadium in the South East would be ideal for Hawthorn and St Kilda
There's been suggestions for years of a dandenong stadium in the vacant land near dandy station. Imaging a 40k seater there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back