Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

North's recruiting has just been abysmal and their leadership is non-existent. You don't need to recruit stars (and it's really hard to do down the bottom of the ladder as we know) but it's like they just target whoever is on the market and have no real plan in mind for them. At least with some of our recent failed recruits you can see the vision. I don't understand what someone like Fisher and Stephens brings to them playing out of the D50 when neither can defend or use the ball well? They're just Aaron Hall Jack Ziebell replacements with the exact same deficiencies.

They have a nice midfield on paper but it's meaningless if they keep wasting their benefits on unproven midfielders/flankers and giving them primary defensive/forward roles

North's recruiting has just been abysmal and their leadership is non-existent. You don't need to recruit stars (and it's really hard to do down the bottom of the ladder as we know) but it's like they just target whoever is on the market and have no real plan in mind for them. At least with some of our recent failed recruits you can see the vision. I don't understand what someone like Fisher and Stephens brings to them playing out of the D50 when neither can defend or use the ball well? They're just Aaron Hall Jack Ziebell replacements with the exact same deficiencies.

They have a nice midfield on paper but it's meaningless if they keep wasting their benefits on unproven midfielders/flankers and giving them primary defensive/forward roles
They’re also ruining McKercher on the back flank.

Fair few of the north posters on their board think they will become tas28
They're dreaming. Won't happen.
If they think they have a poor supporter base now it will only get worse if Tasmanians get them as their AFL team.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are having to take what they can get.
Discards and expendables.
If their quality players don't hang around past 26 yo they are finished as a viable AFL football club.

They need their next Carey. Without a freakish talent I can't see how they find their way out of the abyss.

Reid might prove an unforgivable miss.

They're dreaming. Won't happen.
If they think they have a poor supporter base now it will only get worse if Tasmanians get them as their AFL team.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think they see it as a dream. More a we are on our way out, we can't see any improvement, the younger generation have no reason to follow us, our mature players want to leave - LDU, Zurhaar - they are predicting a sub 5k crowd for their next home game in Melb vs GC - and they are coupling it with the issues around the Tasmanian stadium and getting the team - they feel/ fear that if there is no stadium AFL may be happy to send the Roos to Tasmania permanently.

That's interesting, I didn't realise that was the case. He obviously didn't learn from Mark Williams when he was at Port Adelaide. Williams absorbed most of the coaching cap and left little for his assistants. When Clarko came to Hawthorn, he took a lot of the coaching talent with him, and they were grateful to be paid well for a change.

As a result, Port Adelaide went into decline. Sounds like he's morphed into Williams.

It must irritate Williams that Clarko took a lot of his IP and made it extremely successful

Not even kidding but the North loss is at least the 4th time in 5 years that a Clarko coached side has handed a winless side their first win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back