Autopsy Round 6 vs Brisbane, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 24th April, 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives
1. Ainsworth worked hard, especially in the first half,
2. another nail in Dews coffin ( surely the packet is empty)
3. I didn’t bother going, have seen enough this year to know nothings changed, saved myself $100 in flat beer and cold food

Negatives
1. That the fans have had to put up with this for 12 years while internally the club pulls each other’s dicks
2. Lemmons gets cut to shreds week in week out by his assignment
3. That I still care enough to be pissed off enough to write this
Yeah-I sent the kids with their mother today
Feeling a bit unwell so didn't want to make it worse by having to look at those smarmy arsed Lions supporters

Last edited:

Positives
1. Ainsworth worked hard, especially in the first half,
2. another nail in Dews coffin ( surely the packet is empty)
3. I didn’t bother going, have seen enough this year to know nothings changed, saved myself $100 in flat beer and cold food

Negatives
1. That the fans have had to put up with this for 12 years while internally the club pulls each other’s dicks
2. Lemmons gets cut to shreds week in week out by his assignment
3. That I still care enough to be pissed off enough to write this

Can I add a positive and negative

Positive;
The auction guernseys should be cheaper

Negative;
They will never be worth anytime

Ballard really down on form as well
Yep. He & Lemmens all well down on last year.

Three of our back six who have traditionally been rocks for us have just struggled this year. Collins is still doing what he does, but he can't do it all.

Lyons is the sideshow that keeps giving, but in an ordinary team he isn't lifting them out of mediocrity

The difference between us and Brisbane today was
Daniher
Neale
Cameron

We haven't ever attracted a single player like that other than GAJ in our inaugural year-and we had to offer him a million dollars and the captaincy to get him here

Last edited:
I really just fear we will never move forward in a meaningful way under Dew. I just don't think he's a Senior Coach.
In his interview he described feeling like he had developed his relationships enough to start questioning and expecting more from players
That's obviously a good thing, but not sure it's the best thing?
Would a Clarkson would be waiting to "develop relationships"?
I'm one of the Luddites of course who thought Rocket was a good coach
Any more of this 1 step forward 2 steps backwards stuff though and we might see Shaw in as the caretaker coach back half of season

In his interview he described feeling like he had developed his relationships enough to start questioning and expecting more from players
That's obviously a good thing, but not sure it's the best thing?
Would a Clarkson would be waiting to "develop relationships"?
I'm one of the Luddites of course who thought Rocket was a good coach
Any more of this 1 step forward 2 steps backwards stuff though and we might see Shaw in as the caretaker coach back half of season
Let Steven King coach. Ain't no-one back chatting that 200cm monster

To be fair we've had a tough fixture
Got lucky with the Eagles first up when they were fielding their reserves and we played well against Carlton-who are still 4 and 2
But Melbourne and Brisbane seem to be better this year and no-one will be surprised if StKilda plays finals
The outlier was GWS but we've always struggled against them away
It's not outlandish to suggest the top 6 is set already 6 games in

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair we've had a tough fixture
Got lucky with the Eagles first up when they were fielding their reserves and we played well against Carlton-who are still 4 and 2
But Melbourne and Brisbane seem to be better this year and no-one will be surprised if StKilda plays finals
The outlier was GWS but we've always struggled against them away
Yep.

Brisbane and the Giants are these two teams that we just don't play well against. Really big mental demons against them.

I'd even add Port to that list.

No matter how bad these three teams are going, they routinely find an extra few legs against us and we just go a few rungs down.

I'm really curious to see how we start and go against Collingwood next week.

I really just fear we will never move forward in a meaningful way under Dew. I just don't think he's a Senior Coach.
It's an old argument for us-but realistically the only coach we attract is a second tier re-run like Rhys Shaw(although he might be good) or someone untried which means another 3-5 years of reconfiguration
The Club has painted itself into a 10 year corner with Stuey I fear

Dew was quite emotional in the presser-particularly defending Izak- I think poor old Fish copped it when he was really just asking whether Dew saw him having more time in midfield
I reckon it was just an excuse to vent-and I think it shows how ugly he really thought this game was
I completely agree with him btw-I'm not sure where Rankine earned the selfish tag.
I reckon he's too far the other way- never burns a team mate
Seemed to be trying really hard to control his anger when talking about Collo being a "lighthouse" in defence at the moment
I guess given the way Lyons haunts him every Q Clash it wouldn't be wise to bring up Trent McKenzie

Dew was quite emotional in the presser-particularly defending Izak- I think poor old Fish copped it when he was really just asking whether Dew saw him having more time in midfield
I reckon it was just an excuse to vent-and I think it shows how ugly he really thought this game was
I completely agree with him btw-I'm not sure where Rankine earned the selfish tag.
I reckon he's too far the other way- never burns a team mate
Seemed to be trying really hard to control his anger when talking about Collo being a "lighthouse" in defence at the moment
I guess given the way Lyons haunts him every Q Clash it wouldn't be wise to bring up Trent McKenzie
At the very least he can see what we're all seeing: Collins is playing a lone hand down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back