Autopsy Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

100% correct. With this in mind we should cash in a few players at the end of the year and turn them into FRDP's. Then take these FRDP's along with our own to the Draft. Keep adding gun youth to our core every year until at least Tassie come in and take the cream of the crop. Be open to trading Steele, Sinclair and Marshall if anyone is willing to give pick 12 or better. Once we have a solid core and we become a bona fide top 4 team then think about Free Agents
I disagree with this. I would prefer to let Tassie get the draft picks and then scoop them away. Let them have their show case honeymoon year, their second year blues, and then get em. Tassie will bleed draft picks as Gold Coast and GWS did for ten years, and as North Melbourne still do - as we will surely find out on Friday night.

I would not be selling what talent we have. If it weren’t for Brad Hill and Steele in the last few weeks, we would be toast. If it weren’t for Brad Crouch and Hill last year ditto.

Once again, we have to remember that staying as a thereabouts team is our best strategy as we transition into the new era. Going down will mean staying down. North were lucky to get their concessions, it won’t happen again, and they are still in trouble. St Kilda has a role in the league, seat warmers. We shouldn’t fight it,

I disagree with this. I would prefer to let Tassie get the draft picks and then scoop them away. Let them have their show case honeymoon year, their second year blues, and then get em. Tassie will bleed draft picks as Gold Coast and GWS did for ten years, and as North Melbourne still do - as we will surely find out on Friday night.

I would not be selling what talent we have. If it weren’t for Brad Hill and Steele in the last few weeks, we would be toast. If it weren’t for Brad Crouch and Hill last year ditto.

Once again, we have to remember that staying as a thereabouts team is our best strategy as we transition into the new era. Going down will mean staying down. North were lucky to get their concessions, it won’t happen again, and they are still in trouble. St Kilda has a role in the league, seat warmers. We shouldn’t fight it,

They were just saying how smart Geelong were for putting all their players in for surgery and playing kids last year. Hasn't hurt them. Our Collingwood in Buckley's last year.

Sanders would want to be far better than a "nice start" - cost them Pick 10 & 17 last year and this years 1st rounder to get him and a couple of late picks.

I reckon you'd be screaming for blood if we did that.
Luxury of having your 3rd 200cm first round gift from the AFL in 4 years.

Much easier to build and give up picks to climb up the board when you are regularly getting discounted first round talent for late picks.

I thought April was a little early for "cash in players for 1st round draft picks".

You know how many players were traded last year straight up for a top 20 pick? Zero.

And if we have a middling list (like everyone says), we don't have anyone with that sort of currency anyway.

Next.

100% correct. With this in mind we should cash in a few players at the end of the year and turn them into FRDP's. Then take these FRDP's along with our own to the Draft. Keep adding gun youth to our core every year until at least Tassie come in and take the cream of the crop. Be open to trading Steele, Sinclair and Marshall if anyone is willing to give pick 12 or better. Once we have a solid core and we become a bona fide top 4 team then think about Free Agents
Who do we cash in for first round draft picks?

Steele, Sinclair of established players.

Then its all kids we dont wanna trade.

Spot on. I get the feeling LifestyleSaints is a bit of a troll or just likes to provoke a reaction.

Luxury of having your 3rd 200cm first round gift from the AFL in 4 years.

Much easier to build and give up picks to climb up the board when you are regularly getting discounted first round talent for late picks.
N9t just first round but top 3, JUH was talked about as tye next Buddy and was a clear number 1 pick and Darcy came shooting up the draft board late and was projected into he top 3 (Can't exactly remember if it was pick 1). But remember it's a equality based system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back