Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather a 2024 Zac Jones or 2016 Darren Minchington? Towball or meatball?
We'd only bring Minch back if playing Geelong this week.

32 AFL games, 24 goals and nine of those 24 goals vs. Geelong (3 x bags of three).

Jones obviously isn't an ideal starter, but with all the injuries we have, I'm happy we have someone of his quality to come in as depth. He showed in the Richmond game that he provides a spark in our midfield, and I think that's underestimated especially given the effect it has on the opposition midfield trying to match his speed running both ways. I reckon he'll be sub but wouldn't be mad either way

The cavalry in Clark, Dow, Wood are back within the next 3 weeks, then Crouch & Henry slightly further back so I guess we should enjoy watching him while he's still in the team even if it is frustrating at times!
We definitely miss Wood. Dow is an unknown to a degree. Will he improve us? Hope so, but we don't really know yet.

Clark we do know. 20 possession player at best who does no damage and can't run out games and can't defend. Not AFL standard IMO. Would take Jones over Clark any day of the week.

Hotton would be upset that he hadn't had a debut. I hope he makes it
We need to get mids back into the Sandy VFL team to let him play his natural role at HF. Another reason why the alignment with Sandy sucks

We definitely miss Wood. Dow is an unknown to a degree. Will he improve us? Hope so, but we don't really know yet.

Clark we do know. 20 possession player at best who does no damage and can't run out games and can't defend. Not AFL standard IMO. Would take Jones over Clark any day of the week.
Ross likes Clark so can't see Jones being preferred over him. Clark just needs some genuine 10+ game continuity with the right mids around him. With Windy/Garcia/Dow around him, I'm sure he can thrive as it takes pressure off him being a front-of-stoppage clearance player and he can be more an in and under first receiver. Then roam around the ground and hopefully be the central ball user in slow plays. I'm not giving up on him yet even though I am pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back