Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo wants to exploit us up forward with their height.

Thought this would have been as good week to bring in Campbell and use both he and Marshall interchangeably as a spare defender.

I hope Lyon has a "good plan" to counter.

THURSDAY, APRIL 18

St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium, 7.30pm AEST

ST KILDA

In:
Z.Jones
Out: M.King (knee)

R5 sub: Hugo Garcia

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
R.Lobb, R.Garcia, J.Harmes
Out: J.Ugle-Hagan (personal reason), T.Liberatore (concussion protocols), O.Baker (omitted)

R5 sub: Bailey Dale

View attachment 1962227
Seriously he is the sub after that performance?!?! Better come on at half time of so.

Seriously he is the sub after that performance?!?! Better come on at half time of so.

This is round 6, he was the R5 substitute yes.

Sub gets named before the match as depending if someone like Jones pulls a hammy during warm up I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully.

Jones is a good choice for Sub. We need to win this game. So Jones is better than our kids besides Garcia.

Actually thinking on it further, they may possibly make Butler the Sub. Especially if the only reason for Butler's very poor last game was lack of form.

Riley Garcia one of the inclusions for the Dogs so it will be a battle of the Garcias tomorrow night, I'm backing Hugo to win that battle.

Hopefully he isn't the sub again but it wouldn't surprise me if he is.

I would still rather Lobb in their team than JUH who is arguably their most dangerous forward now.
may god have mercy on Riley's soul...

Happy with Jones to be starting 22 and Garcia as sub.

Its a big ask expecting a young kid to play a whole game as a full time mid.

But the advantage of Garcia is that he would be rotating through the midfield and half forward.

Especially if they make Butler the Sub so that Jones can also go through the middle.

Steele played a very good last quarter last week, we need more of that Steele.

Whatever happened to Ahmed Saad? I miss his 50 metre walk up for his set shots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Might have mentioned on here last year but I bumped into Ahmed in October at the pool of the resort we were staying at in Bali.
Really nice guy and we had a good chat, and he still looks in good enough nick to play again. We spoke about his ban for the game day banned drink - what a (not very funny for him) joke that was.
Loved his time at the Saints and still folllows them closely…not so much Richo.

I just dont want Garcia as the sub.
That said, subbing a small forward limits your injury coverage.
Always best to have a midfielder as a sub.

I honestly think that there may be a late change on this one. I reckon that Butler would have to be in the gun for perhaps Doug due to the Lobb inclusion.

IF Lobb kicks four goals I will probably vomit on myself.

A couple of players must be so thankful we have a large injury list...how frustrating for the coaches to not have access to their best players.

Our ball movement has been average and our games are riddled with basic skill errors and fumbles.

Jones lucky, a couple others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back