Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Milera and Ahmed Saad were the highlight of the Scott Watters era, the fresh new kids to give me hope coming out of the first great Lyon era. Shame how Terry never really kicked on, I always thought there was something special about him. Over to his stepson, I guess
Terry would certainly be a quality person for kick to kick down at the park when you're growing up. I know they're not blood related, but I see bits and pieces of Terry in Naz.

Terry would certainly be a quality person for kick to kick down at the park when you're growing up. I know they're not blood related, but I see bits and pieces of Terry in Naz.

Terry had a bit of talent, but was 24 and 68kg on debut. I think a combination of physique and talent had him on the bare fringe of AFL level. He was well above average at VFL level where i think he played midfield.

Saad was 22 on debut, and promptly kicked 28 goals in 16 games. I thought he'd make it but he got worse rather than better.

He did a years suspension, but then Richo didn't seem to like him at all.

Coming from SA with my old man to watch this game for my 26th birthday. Hoping the boys don’t let me down.

Historically Bevo has struggled against Ross’ defensive gameplan. Hopefully this proves true regardless of our team.

I’d say King and Sharman out for Hayes and Garcia, with Jones coming in as the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hope it’s a big win for you! (See how selfless I am?)

Always stressful when travelling interested for a game and hoping for a great performance.

The club stated following the sacking of Ratten that there had been too much of a focus on short term needs, over long term building for success. 18 months on, it is really important and good to see that this is being followed through on, to this point.

While the optimism of youth can be a dangerous trick, I really do think we have got a large volume of players to build around now. Lyon declared 2023 a year of exploration. Somewhat due to injury, 2024 is becoming the same. This is a good thing. We aren't a top four team this year. We probably won't be next year. If we can become top four while Marshall, Wilkie, Steele and Sinclair are still their peak, that'd be ideal, but the real priority has to be around long term sustained success.

King, Sharman, Henry, Byrnes, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Phillipou, Caminiti, Wilson & Garcia. There's eleven that I think we've seen enough to know that they're the real deal. Obviously to varying extents (Byrnes a role type). Early on Garcia, but his debut passed the eye and stat test. Can't wait to see more of him.

Hopefully Collard, Schoenmaker and Hastie we see showing a bit at the top level too this year. Schoenmaker to the eye looks like a really safe and likely type to transition well. Collard has the higher ceiling but lower floor.

Win or lose this week, I think we are well placed moving forward. Invest in these kids and hopefully reap rewards later.
Love the optimism. Let’s hope Garcia isn’t the next Eli Templeton…

Yes, kicking to a stationary team mate when he can easily be intercepted is a pet hate of mine.
Even if the opposition does not mark it, they will spoil the ball and knock over the target in the process so they can then gather the ball.

My other pet hat is that too many of our players will often try and corral player rather than tackle him. All that happens the vast majority of time is the opponent gets time to dispose of the ball better. Whereas if we went to lay the tackle, the opponent at worst has to rush their disposal, and at best we either stop the ball or even better win a free kick.
Perspective is a funny thing. I much more hate players that don’t move towards the ball when kicked to them. Maybe that’s just my basketball background talking - move to the effing ball!!!

I will not accept Eli slander, we’d be top 4 with him and Tommy Curren in the side!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I remember when this very board was screaming week after week for tc to be included in the side and spewing every week when he wasn’t.
When he was finally selected we were like eeeerrmmmm nothing to see here 😏

Love the optimism. Let’s hope Garcia isn’t the next Eli Templeton…
Arguably the most important staff member at the club, along with Ross, is Carroll. Getting the development of these young players will either set us up for a sustained crack at success, or leave us totally floundering once Steele, Wilkie, Sinclair and Marshall are past it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THURSDAY, APRIL 18

St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium, 7.30pm AEST

ST KILDA

In:
Z.Jones
Out: M.King (knee)

R5 sub: Hugo Garcia

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
R.Lobb, R.Garcia, J.Harmes
Out: J.Ugle-Hagan (personal reason), T.Liberatore (concussion protocols), O.Baker (omitted)

R5 sub: Bailey Dale

1713342272497.png

Lobb 208, Darcy 206 and English 207 is a lot of height.

But it also makes the Dogs more lumbering.
happy black and white GIF

Riley Garcia one of the inclusions for the Dogs so it will be a battle of the Garcias tomorrow night, I'm backing Hugo to win that battle.

Hopefully he isn't the sub again but it wouldn't surprise me if he is.

Lobb seems to play blinders vs us

I would still rather Lobb in their team than JUH who is arguably their most dangerous forward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back