Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind The Pou, being the sub.
Phillipou might make the most sense as sub.

Short break means all of Jones (lower level), Garcia (Sub) and Butler (Subbed out) are likely less sore and better rested than the other bench options.

Pou could come on and have an impact in a variety of roles and Jones can take the mid time he took last week.

I just dont want Garcia as the sub.
That said, subbing a small forward limits your injury coverage.
Always best to have a midfielder as a sub.

I honestly think that there may be a late change on this one. I reckon that Butler would have to be in the gun for perhaps Doug due to the Lobb inclusion.

IF Lobb kicks four goals I will probably vomit on myself.

Singing "high school musical" songs at Lobb might be an effective sledge.
If it was me i'd be curling into a fetal position.

Yall are worried about lobb im worried about James harmes. Forgot he existed for a while and didn't realise he plays for the dogs.

Pencil him in for 3 and 20.

Yall are worried about lobb im worried about James harmes. Forgot he existed for a while and didn't realise he plays for the dogs.

Pencil him in for 3 and 20.

Future third special from the Doggies last trade season on a 3 year contract.

So you have 3 seasons to be pencilling in 20+dsp and multiple goals a game, I hope you have hydration!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot believe Jones is playing again. Can't keep carrying this guy.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
At least he isn't injured, because we are running short on mids. He already seems to be on the edge of the 22, and probably won't be playing much when Clark, Crouch and Dow are fit unless he finds some good form quickly.

Cannot believe Jones is playing again. Can't keep carrying this guy.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know right, we need to instead blood... uhh... let me check notes... ah... these other guys that haven't played much and just come back from injury, or gone to injury, as they will no doubt be better than Jones...

Bloke had 31 in the VFL compared to say Hotton who had well, not much as the only mids that could have come in for this match. let's just back the players in yes?

I know right, we need to instead blood... uhh... let me check notes... ah... these other guys that haven't played much and just come back from injury, or gone to injury, as they will no doubt be better than Jones...

Bloke had 31 in the VFL compared to say Hotton who had well, not much as the only mids that could have come in for this match. let's just back the players in yes?
He often has good games in the VFL. Because it's his level. He's a liability at AFL level. There isn't much available selection wise but it should be literally anyone other than him.

He was there last year as well. Has anyone's goal kicking improved? If anything I think some players have become worse in front of goal.

Apart from Stewart Loewe I can't think of anyone who's ever significantly improved their goal kicking at St Kilda.

Jason Heatley ?.

After kicking 73.35 in 1997, he didn’t kick a behind in 2001.

He often has good games in the VFL. Because it's his level. He's a liability at AFL level. There isn't much available selection wise but it should be literally anyone other than him.
Yeah like Mathieson, another twilight man. Too good for VFL, not quite good enough for AFL.

Would you rather a 2024 Zac Jones or 2016 Darren Minchington? Towball or meatball?

Jones obviously isn't an ideal starter, but with all the injuries we have, I'm happy we have someone of his quality to come in as depth. He showed in the Richmond game that he provides a spark in our midfield, and I think that's underestimated especially given the effect it has on the opposition midfield trying to match his speed running both ways. I reckon he'll be sub but wouldn't be mad either way

The cavalry in Clark, Dow, Wood are back within the next 3 weeks, then Crouch & Henry slightly further back so I guess we should enjoy watching him while he's still in the team even if it is frustrating at times!

Funny thing is Hotton was most impactful when forward in the last qtr. Don't see him as a full-time midfielder going forward, just struggles too much in the contest

Funny thing is Hotton was most impactful when forward in the last qtr. Don't see him as a full-time midfielder going forward, just struggles too much in the contest
Hotton would be upset that he hadn't had a debut. I hope he makes it

Yep, and we have Wilson, Higgins and Butler for that to maybe carry a Hotton rotation. It's all a step too far when a Jones is a bit between a 'maybe' for people to come into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back