Autopsy Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd pay 2 x1stRDP for LDU in a heartbeat but you'd want just a little something back. He seems a little off his tucker this year but his best is right up there and exactly what we need. It wouldn't happen till next year anyway but so much the better ATM.
The draft alone won't do it for us. That's an unfortunate reality.

We've tried to short cut it with trading for a decade.
That's also an unfortunate reality.
Good player's we've traded in have come and gone.

Kelly and JDG were close.

De Goey himself said he was a saint at one point and at the last moment the pies stumped up more money.
Not fussed about JDG, we've got our own homegrown version (Owens) coming along nicely and right now need A grade pure mids, not hybrid mid/fwds.

Kelly would be very handy to have running around right now.

The following spring to mind:
Matthew Capuano
Ryan Gamble
Dean Polo
Mav Weller

But I think the real question here is, who was the better recruit: Billy Longer or Tom Hickey?

I think the real question is - who is the GOATier GOAT? The one we traded for a bag of chips, or the one getting thrown all around the ground at present?

Gotta put these blokes on watch, Ro Marshall is currently elite in disposals, kicks, clearances (number 4 overall) and fantasy points. Steele also elite for disposals, handballs, marks, tackles, clearances and fantasy points as well as disposal efficiency (82%).

Probably neck and neck in the BnF at this point. Just gotta get a few more to come with

Not fussed about JDG, we've got our own homegrown version (Owens) coming along nicely and right now need A grade pure mids, not hybrid mid/fwds.

Kelly would be very handy to have running around right now.

Word on the street is Kelly could be happening sometime (likely the next time we recruit a player with the last name Kelly).

Or first name, I aint picky.

Kelly Underwood, I hope not.

Most likely LDU if he comes over Norf get another swing as they will get most likely pick 1 and FA compensation pick 2 to add to their impressive list of frd players.

They should do that deal all day every day. He will be 26 mid next year and probably not there when these young stars start really emerging.

I would be shaking the tree at GCS as well as GWS as there are plenty of GOF not getting a chance to show their abilities.
Sexton and Davies GCS
Cummings Perryman GWS

Dow was pick 2 and played out of position in a team that was all over the shop for a few years...so let's see how that goes worked with Stocker.

We haven't seen him Crouch as well as Henry and Wood. Well, that's more or less your centre line and hhf not playing.

Let's see how we go then. Biggest worry is the bloke at FF not functioning as we would like.

We should wipe the Bulldogs off the park next week. They are in disarray and we need to harnass the dissappointment and rage at losing 3 close ones and actually put the foot on and then kill an opposition for once.

Next step in our evolution of becoming a ruthlessly efficient football side.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta put these blokes on watch, Ro Marshall is currently elite in disposals, kicks, clearances (number 4 overall) and fantasy points. Steele also elite for disposals, handballs, marks, tackles, clearances and fantasy points as well as disposal efficiency (82%).

Probably neck and neck in the BnF at this point. Just gotta get a few more to come with
Yeah it's clear Steele is back in form but I didn't appreciate how much until I had a look at his stats. Easily Top Ten in the comp. based on 2024 stats, would probably be Top 5 in AFLCA votes if we had won a couple more games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly Underwood, I hope not.

Most likely LDU if he comes over Norf get another swing as they will get most likely pick 1 and FA compensation pick 2 to add to their impressive list of frd players.

They should do that deal all day every day. He will be 26 mid next year and probably not there when these young stars start really emerging.

I would be shaking the tree at GCS as well as GWS as there are plenty of GOF not getting a chance to show their abilities.
Sexton and Davies GCS
Cummings Perryman GWS

Dow was pick 2 and played out of position in a team that was all over the shop for a few years...so let's see how that goes worked with Stocker.

We haven't seen him Crouch as well as Henry and Wood. Well, that's more or less your centre line and hhf not playing.

Let's see how we go then. Biggest worry is the bloke at FF not functioning as we would like.

We should wipe the Bulldogs off the park next week. They are in disarray and we need to harnass the dissappointment and rage at losing 3 close ones and actually put the foot on and then kill an opposition for once.

Next step in our evolution of becoming a ruthlessly efficient football side.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sexton way too old and would be useless to us. Davies just doesn't look like an AFL player whenever I watch him, would much prefer develop a youngster.

Would Cumming be of any use to us? He's a half back/winger and we are spoilt for choice in those positions at full fitness. Hes pretty prone to an injury himself as well.

Perryman would be a good get, could be a solid lockdown medium defender/defensive mid but hes a bit slow and Stocker is a pretty similar player.

Overall, the only one I wouldn't cringe at is Perryman. All others would be a bit of a waste when we could target someone like Ben Miller as a full back or Jarrod Berry who would realistically be open to leaving.

As I said last year chase Tom Powell out of North. Offer crazy money to LDU and then pick-off Powell when his contract ends in 2026.They can't fit all of those mids in.

As I said last year chase Tom Powell out of North. Offer crazy money to LDU and then pick-off Powell when his contract ends in 2026.They can't fit all of those mids in.
We don't need Powell - Windy is a better version and Garcia seems like he could be a faster version. Our midfield core of Phillipou, Owens, Windhager, Dow, Clark, Byrnes, Wilson needs to be complemented by genuine A-graders, rather than sub-elite players who won't make us that much better.

In saying that, 2 years is a long time in football so we'll see what happens.

We are very much rebuilding.

Just not a ground zero one where you burn the place to the ground and stick a new frame up.

Call it a retooling - on the fly.

Which falls inline with the “new core”
I had almost forgotten about this game 3 years ago when the dogs pumped us by 111.

You were saying the same shiet about Lethers, Gags and Ratts. We've sacked everyone involved and it's the same spiel about a new (old) bunch of grifters, the same excuses and the same results.

Can't wait to have Mick Malthouse coaching in 2028, new some exciting new kids to retool around and some fresh excuses.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.10.37 pm.png

I had almost forgotten about this game 3 years ago when the dogs pumped us by 111.

You were saying the same shiet about Lethers, Gags and Ratts. We've sacked everyone involved and it's the same spiel about a new (old) bunch of grifters, the same excuses and the same results.

Can't wait to have Mick Malthouse coaching in 2028, new some exciting new kids to retool around and some fresh excuses.

View attachment 1963828
And 12 months later it was no better. I wanted Ratten gone. Thrilled with RTB and still am.

I try to remain pretty consistent from game to game throughout a season.

Your like a child who hasn’t gotten what they wanted and you scream like a kid.

So instead of targeting me. Challenge the facts I posted.

If you can’t. Keep your mouth shut.

And 12 months later it was no better. I wanted Ratten gone. Thrilled with RTB and still am.

I try to remain pretty consistent from game to game throughout a season.

Your like a child who hasn’t gotten what they wanted and you scream like a kid.

So instead of targeting me. Challenge the facts I posted.

If you can’t. Keep your mouth shut.
Lol, you're consistently a company man with nothing interesting to say.

Hard to challenge facts when you don't have any bud.

I'm not screaming, nor am I brown-nosing the overpaid, under-performing grifters running the joint.

I'll keep posting so long as you keep acting like vapid cult victim.

Lol, you're consistently a company man with nothing interesting to say.

Hard to challenge facts when you don't have any bud.

I'm not screaming, nor am I brown-nosing the overpaid, under-performing grifters running the joint.

I'll keep posting so long as you keep acting like vapid cult victim.
A company man?

I’ve consistently advocated for certain players to get the ass. Around 2018/19 I was adamant about tanking.

I fought with many posters re the above.

I also spend my free time and hard earned money to go to trainings or club events to actually ask questions.

the only one with their head in the sand appears to be you. I’ve been pretty clear we could go backward to go forwards in the long term since pre season. I’ve been clear that progression isn’t linear - even though I expected year 2 to be better then year 1 under Ross.

The facts are that you can’t compete for 4 quarters against sides loaded with elite talents whilst you trot out half a side filled with kids.

Every loss we have been dominated by teams star players.

Geelong: Dangerfield Stewart Duncan Holmes and Cameron kicks 2.3

Dons: Martin McGrath Merrett + Langford stringer each kick 3

Giants: Whitfield ash green Kelly + Hogan and Tony kick 2 each

Dogs: Dale Treloar McCrae Bont + Naughton 6 Weightman and Bont 3

Not like we have the equivalents to Caminiti Wilson Garcia Windy Pou Nas tearing us apart.

A company man?

I’ve consistently advocated for certain players to get the ass. Around 2018/19 I was adamant about tanking.

I also spend my free time and hard earned money to go to trainings or club events to actually ask questions.

the only one with their head in the sand appears to be you. I’ve been pretty clear we could go backward to go forwards in the long term since pre season. I’ve been clear that progression isn’t linear - even though I expected year 2 to be better then year 1 under Ross.

The facts are that you can’t compete for 4 quarters against sides loaded with elite talents whilst you trot out half a side filled with kids.

Not like we have the equivalents to Caminiti Wilson Garcia Windy Pou Nas tearing us apart.

We tear ourselves apart.

Our turnovers are atrocious.

Against GWS the likes of Wilkie, Battle, Hill gifting it straight back to the opposition.

I'm really not that interested in opposition. I'm interested in us. We play absolutely appalling football for large chunks of games. There is no excuse for that. Our first half against Richmond was awful. I don't care that we won and papered over some cracks.

We look like a bunch of clowns out there half the time. It's actually embarrassing at this point.

Ross and Co need to wake the f*ck up.

We tear ourselves apart.

Our turnovers are atrocious.

Against GWS the likes of Wilkie, Battle, Hill gifting it straight back to the opposition.

I'm really not that interested in opposition. I'm interested in us. We play absolutely appalling football for large chunks of games. There is no excuse for that. Our first half against Richmond was awful. I don't care that we won and papered over some cracks.

We look like a bunch of clowns out there half the time. It's actually embarrassing at this point.

Ross and Co need to wake the f*ck up.
Ok.

Head down to Moorabbin next week and let them know at training.

Ross would probably agree with a lot of that.

No one has their heads in the sand.

A company man?

There are 17 other sides with elite players on the list so I guess that's an excuse we can wheel out every week.

We've given plenty of players the arse with little to nothing in return.

Let's hope Collard is a jet because we've flushed the rest of the players we've taken early and flogged off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back