Game Day Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 13 April, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS-vs-St-Kilda.png

In what is touted as a 'Gaints v Who?' in media parlance as the vultures circle, many are wondering what the Sints will do in the bye and when will the police follow? All us fans know is that there will be one keen observer of what the Giants do;
1712927107356.gif

We crossed to Ngunnawal for comment on the upcoming festivities, unfortunately it was midday and Canberrans were already off their faces, so, we instead looked at the ground and it was very grassy.

In AFL dithering about, things to watch this match include;

GWS Giants.
Tom Green.
Ex Melbourne now Giant Jesse Hogan.
Everyones previous wish Giant Lachie Withfield.
Ex Giant and Sints captain Jack Steele.

However, in a scene that shocked absolutely no one as this would require competence on the AFLs part, the Giants are also not celebrating anything, nor did they do anything of merit previously, as there is no update to anything they are fielding in this match as those at AFL house CBF. Do your own research FFS I'm busy swooning at Norths kids and draft hand to find more to give them.

So intrepid sports fans, tune in at 1:45pm in the far superior Australian Eastern time block of looking at the shadows cast by the sun and going "ah ha!" with epiphany to be one of the few that give a damn about his match for the spectacle as opposed to monetary values.

This review brought to you by the bug with a plug so the hub has context.

W-L-D Saints - Giants
8 - 6 - 1

Last edited by a moderator:
GWS-vs-St-Kilda.png

In what is touted as a 'Gaints v Who?' in media parlance as the vultures circle, many are wondering what the Sints will do in the bye and when will the police follow? All us fans know is that there will be one keen observer of what the Giants do;
View attachment 1957690

We crossed to Ngunnawal for comment on the upcoming festivities, unfortunately it was midday and Canberrans were already off their faces, so, we instead looked at the ground and it was very grassy.

In AFL dithering about, things to watch this match include;

GWS Giants.
Tom Green.
Ex Melbourne now Giant Jesse Hogan.
Everyones previous wish Giant Lachie Withfield.
Ex Giant and Sints captain Jack Steele.

However, in a scene that shocked absolutely no one as this would require competence on the AFLs part, the Giants are also not celebrating anything, nor did they do anything of merit previously, as there is no update to anything they are fielding in this match as those at AFL house CBF. Do your own research FFS I'm busy swooning at Norths kids and draft hand to find more to give them.

So intrepid sports fans, tune in at 1:45pm in the far superior Australian Eastern time block of looking at the shadows cast by the sun and going "ah ha!" with epiphany to be one of the few that give a damn about his match for the spectacle as opposed to monetary values.

This review brought to you by the bug with a plug so the hub has context.

W-L-D Saints - Giants
8 - 6 - 1
That is champagne preview StFly!

Come on Saints! Bring your best and beat the Mandarin Menace predenders

That is champagne preview StFly!

Come on Saints! Bring your best and beat the Mandarin Menace predenders

Whatever gave it away, the syntax errors, the plug, the fact that Canberra had grass?

Everyone is just lucky I didn't just crop in an episode of My Kitchen Rules.
1712931431567.png

Well this is about as close as we get these days to the traditional Saturday afternoon timeslot, reminds somewhat of days gone by, except we have to go to Canberra. 🥴

Can't really see how we get this done, Giants obviously looking very good and with an almost nonexistent injury list. We do know the boss has a few tricks though, maybe we're more of a chance than the majority would think. At least the weather looks ok, mostly sunny with light winds. We'll need to start strongly to be any show you'd think.

Well this is about as close as we get these days to the traditional Saturday afternoon timeslot, reminds somewhat of days gone by, except we have to go to Canberra. 🥴

Can't really see how we get this done, Giants obviously looking very good and with an almost nonexistent injury list. We do know the boss has a few tricks though, maybe we're more of a chance than the majority would think. At least the weather looks ok, mostly sunny with light winds. We'll need to start strongly to be any show you'd think.
Yep - a traditional country footy game today.

I'm expecting a big crowd today so I got to the ground early, beautiful day, no chance of rain.

Got the ute in a prime spot on the wing (lounge set up on the tray!!), now its time to head down the street for some brekkie and coffee, then I reckon it will be time for :beercheers::beercheers: and settle in to watch the magoo's.

I reckon I'll be picking up the ute tomorrow morning.

Go Saints

I got a feeling Jack Steele is going to be massive today. They’re going to be whispering his name in the Tom Green fan club.

If we kick straight today it’s another Manuka loss for the Giants coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we score over 50 and lose by less than 30 ill be pleasantly surprised.

Can't see us getting close tbh. GWS midfield and forwardline are connecting beautifully and I just don't see us having any answers.

RTB our most important piece today, if we're to have any chance of being competitive it will be from him forcing the game on our turns.

so, most of us think we won't win, me included. what should we look for instead?
I don't believe that at all.
We beat them up there the last two times we have played at Manuka Oval.
Who have they beaten this year? North and Eagles.
We looked good in the second half (hopefully a turning point)
I think this is a 50-50 game for us and if we are serious, it's one we shouldn't lose

Just for ref, we are 4 out of the last 5 against them, if you look at stats, we should beat them but....

Half the side is no longer playing with us over that time period, so, is a bit hard. But...

It is Manuka, and an oval, so we might do well as they generally suck arse up there also since Western Sydney to slightly south is a bit iffy. I dunno, grass might be different there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back